Social Policy As Regional Policy: Market And Nonmarket Factors Determining Regional Inequality
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 52 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0022-4146|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milanovic, Branko, 2005.
"Half a world : regional inequality in five great federations,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3699, The World Bank.
- Branko Milanovic, 2004. "Half a World: Regional inequality in five great federations," Urban/Regional 0404002, EconWPA.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2006. "The Geography of American Poverty: Is There a Need for Place-Based Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number gap, 06.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi, 2003.
"Between development and social policies: the impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions,"
European Economy Group Working Papers
28, European Economy Group.
- Andres RodrIguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi†, 2004. "Between Development and Social Policies: The Impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 97-113.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Diego Puga, 1999.
"Unemployment clusters across Europe's regions and countries,"
dpuga-99-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Henry G. Overman & Diego Puga, 2002. "Unemployment clusters across Europe's regions and countries," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 115-148, 04.
- Henry Overman & Diego Puga, 1999. "Unemployment Clusters Across European Regions and Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0434, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G & Puga, Diego, 1999. "Unemployment Clusters Across European Regions and Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henry G. Overman & Diego Puga, 1999. "Unemployment clusters across European regions and countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20211, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gilles Duranton & Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2002. "Mind the Gaps: The Evolution of Regional Earnings Inequalities in the U.K., 1982-1997," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 219-256.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2007. "Evaluating the Impact of Brazil?s Bolsa Família: Cash Transfer Programmes in Comparative Perspective," Publications 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Mirela de Carvalho & Samuel Franco & Rosane Mendonça, 2006. "Uma Análise das Principais Causas da Queda Recente na Desigualdade de Renda Brasileira," Discussion Papers 1203, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis, 2007.
"Education and Income Inequality in the Regions of the European Union,"
DYNREG09, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2009. "Education And Income Inequality In The Regions Of The European Union," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 411-437.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2008. "Education and income inequality in the regions of the European Union," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33188, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2008. "Education and Income Inequality in the Regions of the European Union," SERC Discussion Papers 0011, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Vasileios Tselios, 2006. "Education and Income Inequality in the Regions of the European Union," ERSA conference papers ersa06p370, European Regional Science Association.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Vassilis Tselios, 2007. "Education and income inequality in the regions of the European Union," Working Papers 2007-17, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Leonardo Monasterio, 2010. "Brazilian spatial dynamics in the long term (1872–2000): “path dependency” or “reversal of fortune”?," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 51-67, March.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/9343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Candelaria & Mary C. Daly & Galina Hale, 2009. "Beyond Kuznets: persistent regional inequality in China," Working Paper Series 2009-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Priscilla Albuquerque Tavares & Elaine Toldo Pazello, 2006. "Uma Avaliação Do Programa Bolsa Escola Federal: Focalização E Impacto Na Distribuição De Renda E Pobreza," Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais], in: João Antonio de Paula & et alli (ed.), Anais do XII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 12th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Vinod Thomas, 2009. "Income Disparity and Growth," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 1(1), pages 63-86, January.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown, 2007.
"Cash Transfers and Poverty Reduction in Chile,"
ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers
inv187, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1997. "Poor areas, or only poor people?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1798, The World Bank.
- Philippe Martin, 1999. "Are European regional policies delivering?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9343, Sciences Po.
- Philippe Martin, 1999. "Are European regional policies delivering?," Post-Print hal-01011168, HAL.
- Raul Silveira Neto & Carlos Azzoni, 2011.
"Non-Spatial Government Policies and Regional Income Inequality in Brazil,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 453-461.
- Carlos AZZONI & Raul SILVEIRA-NETO, "undated". "Non-spatial Government Policies and Regional Income Inequality in Brazil," EcoMod2008 23800008, EcoMod.
- Shankar, Raja & Shah, Anwar, 2003. "Bridging the Economic Divide Within Countries: A Scorecard on the Performance of Regional Policies in Reducing Regional Income Disparities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1421-1441, August.
- Wade, Robert Hunter, 2004. "Is Globalization Reducing Poverty and Inequality?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-589, April.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings & Marco A. Laes & Guilherme R. C. Moreira, 2007.
"Social Policies, Personal And Regional Income Inequality In Brazil: An I-O Analysis Of The “Bolsa Família” Program,"
Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
003, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos Roberto & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Laes, M. A. & Moreira, Guilherme Renato Caldo, 2007. "Social policies, personal and regional income inequality in Brazil: an I-O analysis of the "Bolsa Família" program," MPRA Paper 54508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2004. "Inequality and Economic Development in Brazil," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14913.
- Diego Puga, 2002.
"European regional policies in light of recent location theories,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 373-406, October.
- Puga, Diego, 2001. "European Regional Policies in Light of Recent Location Theories," CEPR Discussion Papers 2767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laura B. Rawlings, 2005. "Evaluating the Impact of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(1), pages 29-55.
- Fuad Hasanov & Oded Izraeli, 2011. "Income Inequality, Economic Growth, And The Distribution Of Income Gains: Evidence From The U.S. States," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 518-539, 08.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jregsc:v:52:y:2012:i:3:p:433-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.