Non-Spatial Government Policies and Regional Income Inequality in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Carlos AZZONI & Raul SILVEIRA-NETO, 2008. "Non-spatial Government Policies and Regional Income Inequality in Brazil," EcoMod2008 23800008, EcoMod.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares, 2006. "Distribuição de Renda no Brasil de 1976 a 2004 com Ênfase no Período Entre 2001 e 2004," Discussion Papers 1166, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Hoffmann, Rodolfo, 2004. "Decomposition of Mehran and Piesch inequality measures by factor components and their application to the distribution of per capita household income in Brazil," Brazilian Review of Econometrics, Sociedade Brasileira de Econometria - SBE, vol. 24(1), May.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Neri, Marcelo Côrtes & Son, Hyun H., 2006.
"Pro-poor growth and social programmes in Brazil,"
FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
639, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Nanak Kakwani & Marcelo Neri & Hyun H. Son, 2006. "Pro-Poor Growth And Social Programmes In Brazil," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 173, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Azzoni, Carlos Roberto & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Laes, M. A. & Moreira, Guilherme Renato Caldo, 2007.
"Social policies, personal and regional income inequality in Brazil: an I-O analysis of the "Bolsa Família" program,"
54508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos R. Azzoni & Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings & Marco A. Laes & Guilherme R. C. Moreira, 2007. "Social Policies, Personal And Regional Income Inequality In Brazil: An I-O Analysis Of The “Bolsa Família” Program," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 003, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Carlos Azzoni & Raul Silveira-Neto, 2005. "Decomposing regional growth: Labor force participation rates, structural changes, and sectoral factor reallocation," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2), pages 221-239, June.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Mirela de Carvalho & Samuel Franco & Rosane Mendonça, 2006. "Uma Análise das Principais Causas da Queda Recente na Desigualdade de Renda Brasileira," Discussion Papers 1203, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Tatiane Almeida de Menezes & Raul da Mota Silveira Neto & Carlos Roberto Azzoni, 2006. "Demografia, Ciclo De Vida E Dinâmica Da Desigualdade Regional De Renda No Brasil," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 28, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul da Mota Silveira-Neto & Carlos Roberto Azzoni, 2012. "Social Programs, Industrial Deconcentration and the Recent Decrease in Regional Income Inequality in Brazil," Chapters, in: Werner Baer (ed.),The Regional Impact of National Policies, chapter 4, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rougier, Eric & Combarnous, François & Fauré, Yves-André, 2018.
"The “Local Economy” Effect of Social Transfers: An Empirical Assessment of the Impact of the Bolsa Família Program on Local Productive Structure and Economic Growth,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 199-215.
- Eric Rougier & François Combarnous & Yves-André Faure, 2018. "The “Local Economy” Effect of Social Transfers: An Empirical Assessment of the Impact of the Bolsa Família Program on Local Productive Structure and Economic Growth," Post-Print hal-01674583, HAL.
- Eric Rougier & F. Combarnous & Y-A. Fauré, 2018. "The "local economy" effect of social transfers: An empirical assessment of the impact of the Bolsa Familia Program on local productive structure and economic growth," Post-Print hal-02273200, HAL.
- Eric ROUGIER & François COMBARNOUS & Yves-André FAURE, 2017. "The ‘local economy’ effect of social transfers: A municipality-level analysis of the local growth impact of the Bolsa Familia Programme in the Brazilian Nordeste," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2017-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Luiz Carlos De Santana Ribeiro & Edson Paulo Domingues & Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Geoffrey John Dennis Hewings, 2018. "Structuring investment and regional inequalities in the Brazilian Northeast," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(5), pages 727-739, May.
- da Silva Freitas, Lucio Flavio & de Santana Ribeiro, Luiz Carlos & de Souza, Kênia Barreiro & Hewings, Geoffrey John Dennis, 2016. "The distributional effects of emissions taxation in Brazil and their implications for climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 37-44.
- Barufi, Ana Maria, 2012. "Income Inequality Reduction in Brazil: A Pseudo-panel Approach in the Search of its Determinants," TD NEREUS 11-2012, Núcleo de Economia Regional e Urbana da Universidade de São Paulo (NEREUS).
- Ferreira Lima, Luis Cristovao, 2013. "A Persistente Desigualdade nas Grandes Cidades Brasileiras: o Caso de Brasília [The Persistent Inequality in the Great Brazilian Cities: The case of Brasília]," MPRA Paper 50936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodrigo C. Oliveira & Raul Da Mota Silveira Net, 2014. "Escolaridade E Políticas De Transferência De Renda Como Condicionantes Da Dinâmica Da Desigualdade Regional De Renda No Brasil: Uma Análise Para O Período 1995-2011," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 174, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Raul M. Silveira-Neto & Carlos R. Azzoni, 2012. "Social Policy As Regional Policy: Market And Nonmarket Factors Determining Regional Inequality," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 433-450, August.
- Daniela Schettini & Carlos Roberto Azzoni, 2018. "Eficiência produtiva e o futuro das disparidades regionais no Brasil [Productive efficiency and the future of regional disparities in Brazil]," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 28(2), pages 347-384, May-Augus.
- Raul Silveira Neto & Carlos Azzoni, 2011. "Measuring the Contribution of Social Policies to Regional Inequality Dynamic in Brazil," ERSA conference papers ersa11p659, European Regional Science Association.
- Ferreira Lima, Luis Cristovao, 2013. "The Persistent Inequality in the Great Brazilian Cities: The Case of Brasília," MPRA Paper 50938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsConvergence; Labour productivity; Income transferences; Minimum wage; Spatial effects of non-spatial policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:45:y:2011:i:4:p:453-461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.