Market Transparency and the Accounting Regime
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurer, Raimond & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Rogalla, Ralph & Siegelin, Ivonne, 2016.
"Accounting and actuarial smoothing of retirement payouts in participating life annuities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 268-283.
- Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla & Ivonne Siegelin, 2014. "Accounting and Actuarial Smoothing of Retirement Payouts in Participating Life Annuities," NBER Working Papers 20124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:262-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellul, Andrew & Jotikasthira, Chotibhak & Lundblad, Christian T. & Wang, Yihui, 2013. "Mark-to-market accounting and systemic risk: evidence from the insurance industry," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60968, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Xu, Nianhang & Li, Xiaorong & Yuan, Qingbo & Chan, Kam C., 2014. "Excess perks and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 419-434.
- Bill Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Lingxiang Li, 2016.
"Abnormal real operations, real earnings management, and subsequent crashes in stock prices,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 217-260, February.
- Bill Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Lingxiang Li, 2016. "Abnormal real operations, real earnings management, and subsequent crashes in stock prices," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 217-260, February.
- Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Li, Lingxiang, 2014. "Abnormal real operations, real earnings management, and subsequent crashes in stock prices," Research Discussion Papers 19/2014, Bank of Finland.
- Blakespoor, Elizabeth & Linsmeier, Thomas J. & Petroni, Kathy & Shakespeare, Catherine, 2012. "Fair Value Accounting for Financial Instruments: Does It Improve the Association between Bank Leverage and Credit Risk?," Research Papers 2107, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:700-725 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Ellul & Chotibhak Jotikasthira & Christian T. Lundblad & Yihui Wang, 2014. "Is Historical Cost Accounting a Panacea? Market Stress, Incentive Distortions, and Gains Trading," CSEF Working Papers 375, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- : Panayiotis C. Andreou & : Constantinos Antoniou & : Joanne Horton & : Christodoulos Louca, 2013. "Corporate Governance and Firm-Specific stock Price Crashes," Working Papers wpn13-06, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Kim, Jeong-Bon & Li, Yinghua & Zhang, Liandong, 2011. "CFOs versus CEOs: Equity incentives and crashes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 713-730, September.
- Ellul, Andrew & Jotikasthira, Chotibhak & Lundblad, Christian T & Wang, Yihui, 2015. "Is Historical Cost Accounting a Panacea? Market Stress, Incentive Distortions, and Gains Trading," CEPR Discussion Papers 10450, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benhabib, Jess & Liu, Xuewen & Wang, Pengfei, 2016.
"Sentiments, financial markets, and macroeconomic fluctuations,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 420-443.
- Jess Benhabib & Xuewen Liu & Pengfei Wang, 2015. "Sentiments, Financial Markets, and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 21294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yogesh Chauhan & Sudhakara Reddy Syamala & Kavita Wadhwa, 2015. "Board busyness and crash risk: evidence from Indian stock market," International Journal of Corporate Governance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-24.
- Josep Ma. Argiles (UB) & Josep Garcia Bladon (IQS) & Teresa Monllau (UPF), 2009. "Fair value versus historic cost Valuation for Biological assets: Implications for the quality of financial information," Working Papers in Economics 215, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:15:y:2012:i:1:p:109-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurer, Raimond & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Rogalla, Ralph & Siegelin, Ivonne, 2015. "Accounting-based asset return smoothing in participating life annuities: Implications for annuitants, insurers, and policymakers," CFS Working Paper Series 518, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Couch, Robert & Wu, Wei, 2016. "The fair value option for liabilities and stock returns during the financial crisis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 83-98.
- Wael Louhichi & Ousayna Zreik, 2015. "Corporate Risk Reporting: A study of The Impact of Risk Disclosure on Firms Reputation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2395-2408.
- Wei Zhu, 2016. "Accruals and price crashes," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 349-399, June.
- Kim, Jeong-Bon & Li, Yinghua & Zhang, Liandong, 2011. "Corporate tax avoidance and stock price crash risk: Firm-level analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 639-662, June.
- Julien Clavier, 2011. "Transition aux normes comptables IAS/IFRS, discipline de marché et adéquation des fonds propres aux risques dans l'industrie bancaire européenne," Post-Print hal-00646838, HAL.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:4:f:7_4_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michele Fabrizi & Elisabetta Ipino & Michel Magnan & Antonio Parbonetti, 2016. "Real Regulatory Capital Management and Dividend Payout: Evidence from Available-for-Sale Securities / Gestion du capital réglementaire et politique de dividende : Le cas des valeurs mobilières disponi," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-57, CIRANO.
- Xu, Nianhang & Jiang, Xuanyu & Chan, Kam C. & Yi, Zhihong, 2013. "Analyst coverage, optimism, and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 217-239.
- Li, Jing, 2017. "Accounting for banks, capital regulation and risk-taking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 102-121.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:45:y:2007:i:2:p:229-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.