Process and Product Innovation: Complementarity in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Consumer Types
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Russell Cooper, 1984.
"On Allocative Distortions in Problems of Self-Selection,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 568-577, Winter.
- Russell Cooper, 1983. "On Allocative Distortions in Problems of Self-Selection," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 647R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1985. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 81-99.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1981.
"Market Structure and the Diffusion of New Technology,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 618-624, Autumn.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., "undated". "Market Structure and the Diffusion of New Technology," Working Papers 360, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Das, Satya P. & Donnenfeld, Shabtai, 1989. "Oligopolistic competition and international trade : Quantity and quality restrictions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 299-318, November.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 1993.
"The incentives for cost reduction in a differentiated industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 519-534.
- Bester, H. & Petrakis, E., 1991. "The Incentives for Cost Reduction in a Differentiated Industry," Papers 9136, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Bester, H. & Petrakis, E., 1991. "The Incentives for Cost Reduction in a Differentiated Industry," Discussion Paper 1991-36, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Partha Dasgupta & Joseph Stiglitz, 1980. "Uncertainty, Industrial Structure, and the Speed of R&D," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 1-28, Spring.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Motta, Massimo, 1993. "Endogenous Quality Choice: Price vs. Quantity Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 113-131, June.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 2003. "Simultaneous choice of process and product innovation when consumers have a preference for product variety," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 183-201, February.
- Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello, 2000.
"Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated monopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 333-337, September.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2000. "Process and Product Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly," Working Papers 367, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bonanno, Giacomo & Haworth, Barry, 1998. "Intensity of competition and the choice between product and process innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 495-510, July.
- Acharyya, Rajat, 1998. "Monopoly and product quality: Separating or pooling menu?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 187-194, November.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1991.
"Location Models of Horizontal Differentiation: A Special Case of Vertical Differentiation Models,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 383-390, June.
- CREMER, Helmuth & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1991. "Location models of horizontal differentiation: a special case of vertical differentiation models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 931, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tom Lee & Louis L. Wilde, 1980. "Market Structure and Innovation: A Reformulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 429-436.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Sallstrom, Susanna, 1999. "Technological Progress and the Chamberlain Effect," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 427-449, December.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1979. "Market Structure and Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 395-410.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saha, Souresh, 2014. "Firm's objective function and product and process R&D," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 484-494.
- Rajat Acharyya & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2006. "Innovation incentives in an intergrated marketed with vertical product differentiation," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 06-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Hans Sebastian Heese & Jayashankar M. Swaminathan, 2006. "Product Line Design with Component Commonality and Cost-Reduction Effort," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 206-219, May.
- Maria Rosa Battaggion & Piero Tedeschi, 2006. "Do Process Innovations Induce Product Ones?," Working Papers (-2012) 0601, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Acharyya, Rajat & Banerjee, Swapnendu, 2012. "On tariff and quality innovation in a market with discrete preferences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 917-925.
- Rajat Acharyya & Swapnendu Banerjee, 2005. "On Tariff, Quality Choice and Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Preferences," Departmental Working Papers wp0504, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jecrev:v:55:y:2004:i:2:p:175-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/jeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.