Product Line Design with Component Commonality and Cost-Reduction Effort
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- de Groote, Xavier, 1994. "Flexibility and marketing/manufacturing coordination," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 153-167, September.
- Stole, Lars A, 1995. "Nonlinear Pricing and Oligopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 529-562, Winter.
- Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello, 2000.
"Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated monopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 333-337, September.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2000. "Process and Product Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly," Working Papers 367, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bonanno, Giacomo & Haworth, Barry, 1998. "Intensity of competition and the choice between product and process innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 495-510, July.
- Kyle J. Mayer & Jack A. Nickerson & Hideo Owan, 2004. "Are Supply and Plant Inspections Complements or Substitutes? A Strategic and Operational Assessment of Inspection Practices in Biotechnology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1064-1081, August.
- Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay & Rajat Acharyya, 2004. "Process and Product Innovation: Complementarity in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Consumer Types," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(2), pages 175-200.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Nile W. Hatch & David C. Mowery, 1998. "Process Innovation and Learning by Doing in Semiconductor Manufacturing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(11-Part-1), pages 1461-1477, November.
- Kim, Kilsun & Chhajed, Dilip, 2000. "Commonality in product design: Cost saving, valuation change and cannibalization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 602-621, September.
- Marshall Fisher & Kamalini Ramdas & Karl Ulrich, 1999. "Component Sharing in the Management of Product Variety: A Study of Automotive Braking Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 297-315, March.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas & Udo Schmidt-Mohr, 1999. "Oligopoly with Asymmetric Information: Differentiation in Credit Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(3), pages 375-396, Autumn.
- Sudheer Gupta & Richard Loulou, 1998. "Process Innovation, Product Differentiation, and Channel Structure: Strategic Incentives in a Duopoly," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 301-316.
- Preyas Desai & Sunder Kekre & Suresh Radhakrishnan & Kannan Srinivasan, 2001. "Product Differentiation and Commonality in Design: Balancing Revenue and Cost Drivers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Preyas S. Desai, 2001. "Quality Segmentation in Spatial Markets: When Does Cannibalization Affect Product Line Design?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 265-283.
- Ron Adner & Daniel Levinthal, 2001. "Demand Heterogeneity and Technology Evolution: Implications for Product and Process Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 611-628, May.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy & I. P. L. Png, 1992. "Market Segmentation, Cannibalization, and the Timing of Product Introductions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(3), pages 345-359, March.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1984. "Market Segmentation, Self-Selection, and Product Line Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 288-307.
- Jayashankar M. Swaminathan & Sridhar R. Tayur, 1998. "Managing Broader Product Lines through Delayed Differentiation Using Vanilla Boxes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 161-172, December.
- Kenneth R. Baker & Michael J. Magazine & Henry L. W. Nuttle, 1986. "The Effect of Commonality on Safety Stock in a Simple Inventory Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 982-988, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yenipazarli, A. & Vakharia, A., 2015. "Pricing, market coverage and capacity: Can green and brown products co-exist?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 304-315.
- Jonnalagedda, Sreelata & Saranga, Haritha, 2017. "Commonality decisions when designing for multiple markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 902-911.
- Bernstein, Fernando & Gürhan Kök, A. & Meca, Ana, 2015. "Cooperation in assembly systems: The role of knowledge sharing networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 160-171.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2008. "A general solution framework for component commonality problems," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers (Expired!) 12/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Li, Guo & Zhang, Lijun & Guan, Xu & Zheng, Junjun, 2016. "Impact of decision sequence on reliability enhancement with supply disruption risks," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 25-38.
- repec:spr:custns:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40547-017-0074-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Bernstein & A. Gürhan Kök, 2009. "Dynamic Cost Reduction Through Process Improvement in Assembly Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(4), pages 552-567, April.
- Israelsen, Poul & Jørgensen, Brian, 2011. "Decentralizing decision making in modularization strategies: Overcoming barriers from dysfunctional accounting systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 453-462, June.
- Serguei Netessine & Terry A. Taylor, 2007. "Product Line Design and Production Technology," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 101-117, 01-02.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2261-:d:122077 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hua, Zhongsheng & Zhang, Xuemei & Xu, Xiaoyan, 2011. "Product design strategies in a manufacturer-retailer distribution channel," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 23-32, January.
- Palsule-Desai, Omkar D. & Tirupati, Devanath & Shah, Janat, 2015. "Product line design and positioning using add-on services," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 16-33.
- DeYong, Gregory D. & Pun, Hubert, 2015. "Is dishonesty the best policy? Supplier behaviour in a multi-tier supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 1-13.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:250:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-014-1781-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:3:p:1025-1037 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pun, Hubert & Ghamat, Salar, 2016. "The value of partnership under competition: When competitors may be R&D joint-venture and supply-chain partners for a critical component," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 1-11.
More about this item
Keywordscomponent commonality; marketing-manufacturing interface; product line design;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:8:y:2006:i:2:p:206-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .