Process and Product Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lambertini, Luca & Orsini, Raimondello, 2000. "Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated monopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 333-337, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sudipto Bhattacharya & Dilip Mookherjee, 1986. "Portfolio Choice in Research and Development," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(4), pages 594-605, Winter.
- Champsaur, Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1989. "Multiproduct Duopolists," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 533-557, May.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 1996. "Simultaneous Choice of Process and Product Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1987. "The Simple Economics of Research Portfolios," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 581-595, September.
- L. Lambertini, 1995.
"The Multiproduct Monopolist Under Vertical Differentiation: an Inductive Approach,"
226, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca LAMBERTINI, 1997. "The multiproduct monopolist under vertical differentiation : An inductive approach," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1997021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Eric Maskin & John Riley, 1984. "Monopoly with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 171-196, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wen-Jung Liang & Chao-Cheng Mai, 2010. "Optimal Trade Policy with Horizontal Differentiation and Asymmetric Costs," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 302-310, May.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea, 2009.
"Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 508-518, July.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2005. "Process and Product Innovation by a Multiproduct Monopolist: A Dynamic Approach," Working Papers 551, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:wsi:igtrxx:v:13:y:2011:i:02:n:s0219198911002952 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Rosa Battaggion & Piero Tedeschi, 2006. "Do Process Innovations Induce Product Ones?," Working Papers 20060509, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- Emanuele Bacchiega & Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovaini, 2011.
"Process And Product Innovation In A Vertically Differentiated Industry,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(02), pages 209-221.
- E. Bacchiega & L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2007. "Process and product innovation in a vertically differentiated industry," Working Papers 583, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2006.
"Complementarity between product and process innovation in a monopoly setting,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 219-234.
- A. Mantovani, 2005. "Complementarity between Product and Process innovation in a Monopoly Setting," Working Papers 533, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini, 2003. "The monopolist's optimal R&D portfolio," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(4), pages 561-578, October.
- Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay & Rajat Acharyya, 2004. "Process and Product Innovation: Complementarity in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Consumer Types," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(2), pages 175-200.
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2015. "Quality Improvement and Process Innovation in Monopoly: A Dynamic Analysis," Working Paper series 15-12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Eren Inci, 2009. "R&D tax incentives: a reappraisal," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(6), pages 797-821, December.
- Hans Sebastian Heese & Jayashankar M. Swaminathan, 2006. "Product Line Design with Component Commonality and Cost-Reduction Effort," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 206-219, May.
- Bacchiega, Emanuele & Bonroy, Olivier & Mabrouk, Rania, 2013.
"Paying not to sell,"
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 137-140.
- E. Bacchiega & O. Bonroy & R. Mabrouk, 2013. "Paying not to sell," Working Papers wp870, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Emanuele Bacchiega & Olivier Bonroy & Rania Mabrouk, 2013. "Paying not to sell," Post-Print hal-01064094, HAL.
- Bacchiega, E. & Bonroy, O. & Mabrouk, R., 2013. "Paying not to sell," Working Papers 2013-02, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovani, 2010.
"Process and product innovation: A differential game approach to product life cycle,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 227-252.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2004. "Process and Product Innovation: a Differential Game Approach to Product Life Cycle," Working Papers 529, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- A. Mantovani, 2001. "Product Innovation and Transportation Technology in a Cournot Duopoly," Working Papers 416, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Cheng, Yi-Ling, 2014. "Vertical product differentiation under demand uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 51-57.
- Acharyya, Rajat & Banerjee, Swapnendu, 2012. "On tariff and quality innovation in a market with discrete preferences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 917-925.
- Saha, Souresh, 2014. "Firm's objective function and product and process R&D," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 484-494.
- L. Lambertini, 2016. "Coordinating R&D efforts for quality improvement along a supply chain," Working Papers wp1054, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Werner Smolny, 2003. "Determinants of innovation behaviour and investment estimates for west-german manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 449-463.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2014. "Process Innovation and Product Quality Improvement in a Dynamic Monopoly," Working Papers wp926, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Rajat Acharyya & Swapnendu Banerjee, 2005. "On Tariff, Quality Choice and Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Preferences," Departmental Working Papers wp0504, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2006-04-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2006-04-29 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.