Immigration and Ethnic Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Study in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sam Youl Lee & Richard Florida & Zoltan Acs, 2004.
"Creativity and Entrepreneurship: A Regional Analysis of New Firm Formation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 879-891.
- Richard Florida & Zoltan Acs & Sam Youl Lee, 2004. "Creativity and Entrepreneurship: A Regional Analysis of New Firm Formation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-17, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Alicia M. Robb, 2008. "Race and Entrepreneurial Success: Black-, Asian-, and White-Owned Businesses in the United States," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026206281x, January.
- Hannu Tervo, 2006. "Regional unemployment, self-employment and family background," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1055-1062.
- Giulio Cainelli, 2008. "Spatial Agglomeration, Technological Innovations, and Firm Productivity: Evidence from Italian Industrial Districts," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 414-435.
- Carlos Teixeira, 2001. "Community Resources and Opportunities in Ethnic Economies: A Case Study of Portuguese and Black Entrepreneurs in Toronto," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(11), pages 2055-2078, October.
- K. Bruce Newbold, 2004. "Chinese Assimilation Across America: Spatial and Cohort Variations," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 198-219.
- AnnaLee Saxenian, 2002. "Silicon Valleyâ€™s New Immigrant High-Growth Entrepreneurs," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 16(1), pages 20-31, February.
- Lu Wang & Lucia Lo, 2007. "Immigrant grocery-shopping behavior: ethnic identity versus accessibility," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(3), pages 684-699, March.
- Qingfang Wang, 2009. "Gender, ethnicity, and self-employment: a multilevel analysis across US metropolitan areas," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(8), pages 1979-1996, August.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2000. "Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 603-628, September.
- Megan K Blake & Susan Hanson, 2005. "Rethinking innovation: context and gender," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(4), pages 681-701, April.
- Mats Hammarstedt, 2001. "Immigrant self-employment in Sweden - its variation and some possible determinants," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 147-161, April.
- Susan Hanson, 2009. "Changing Places Through Women's Entrepreneurship," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 85(3), pages 245-267, July.
- Todd Gabe, 2003. "Local Industry Agglomeration and New Business Activity," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 17-39.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2002. "The Determinants of Regional Variation in New Firm Formation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 33-45.
- Bogan, Vicki & Darity Jr., William, 2008. "Culture and entrepreneurship? African American and immigrant self-employment in the United States," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1999-2019, October.
- Giles A. Barrett & Trevor P. Jones & David McEvoy, 1996. "Ethnic Minority Business: Theoretical Discourse in Britain and North America," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(4-5), pages 783-809, May.
- Qingfang Wang, 2009. "Gender, Ethnicity, and Self-Employment: A Multilevel Analysis across US Metropolitan Areas," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(8), pages 1979-1996, August.
- Lu Wang & Lucia Lo, 2007. "Immigrant Grocery-Shopping Behavior: Ethnic Identity versus Accessibility," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 39(3), pages 684-699, March.
- Reynolds, Paul D & Miller, Brenda & Maki, Wilbur R, 1995. "Explaining Regional Variation in Business Births and Deaths: U.S. 1976-88," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 7(5), pages 389-407, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nathan, Max, 2013.
"The Wider Economic Impacts of High-Skilled Migrants: A Survey of the Literature,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7653, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dr Max Nathan, 2013. "The wider economic impacts of high-skilled migrants: a survey of the literature," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 413, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Cathy Yang Liu & Gary Painter & Qingfang Wang, 2015. "Immigrant entrepreneurship and agglomeration in high-tech industries in the USA," Chapters,in: Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy, chapter 8, pages 184-209 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sara Poggesi & Michela Mari & Luisa Vita, 2016. "What’s new in female entrepreneurship research? Answers from the literature," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 735-764, September.
- Korpi, Martin & Hedberg, Charlotta & Pettersson, Katarina, 2013. "Immigrant Women and Entrepreneurship: A Study of the Health Care Sector in Sweden, 2002-2006," SULCIS Working Papers 2013:3, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Mediha Sahin & Alina Todiras & Peter Nijkamp & Bart Neuts & Christiaan Behrens, 2012.
"A Structural Equations Model for Assessing the Economic Performance of High-tech Ethnic Entrepreneurs,"
Chapters,in: Globalization Trends and Regional Development, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mediha Sahin & Alina Todiras & Peter Nijkamp & Bart Neuts & Christiaan Behrens, 2013. "A Structural Equations Model for Assessing the Economic Performance of High-Tech Ethnic Entrepreneurs," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-161/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Catherine Harris & Dominique Moran & John R. Bryson, 2015. "Polish Labour Migration to the UK: Data Discrepancies, Migrant Distributions, and Indicators of Entrepreneurial Activity," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 196-217, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:41:y:2010:i:3:p:430-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.