Does Financial Distress Risk Drive the Momentum Anomaly?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian L. Betker, 1995. "An Empirical Examination of Prepackaged Bankruptcy," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(1), Spring.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cooper, Ian A. & Nyborg, Kjell G., 2006.
"The value of tax shields IS equal to the present value of tax shields,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 215-225, July.
- Cooper, Ian A. & Nyborg, Kjell G., 2005. "The value of tax shields IS equal to the present value of tax shields," Discussion Papers 2005/14, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Cooper, Ian & Nyborg, Kjell G, 2005. "The Value of Tax Shields IS Equal to the Present Value of Tax Shields," CEPR Discussion Papers 5182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ian A. Cooper & Sergei A. Davydenko, 2007. "Estimating the Cost of Risky Debt," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 19(3), pages 90-95.
- Gilson, Stuart C, 1997. " Transactions Costs and Capital Structure Choice: Evidence from Financially Distressed Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 161-196, March.
- Robert A. Taggart & Jr., 1991. "Consistent valuation and Cost of Capital Expressions With Corporate and Personal Taxes," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 20(3), Fall.
- Fernandez, Pablo, 2004.
"The value of tax shields is NOT equal to the present value of tax shields,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 145-165, July.
- Fernández , Pablo, 2002. "The value of tax shields is not equal to the present value of tax shields," IESE Research Papers D/459, IESE Business School.
- John R. Graham, 2000. "How Big Are the Tax Benefits of Debt?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 1901-1941, October.
- Deen Kemsley & Doron Nissim, 2002. "Valuation of the Debt Tax Shield," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2045-2073, October.
- Miles, James A. & Ezzell, John R., 1980. "The Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Perfect Capital Markets, and Project Life: A Clarification," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 719-730, September.
- Benninga, Simon & Sarig, Oded, 2003. "Risk, returns, and values in the presence of differential taxation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1123-1138, June.
- Merton H. Miller, 1991. "Tax Obstacles To Voluntary Corporate Restructuring," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 4(3), pages 20-23.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-275, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brooks, Chris & Godfrey, Chris & Hillenbrand, Carola & Money, Kevin, 2016. "Do investors care about corporate taxes?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 218-248.
- Blitz, David & Huij, Joop & Martens, Martin, 2011. "Residual momentum," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 506-521, June.
- Huang, Alex YiHou, 2012. "Asymmetric dynamics of stock price continuation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1839-1855.
- Bauer, Julian & Agarwal, Vineet, 2014. "Are hazard models superior to traditional bankruptcy prediction approaches? A comprehensive test," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 432-442.
- Borisova, Ginka & Fotak, Veljko & Holland, Kateryna & Megginson, William L., 2015. "Government ownership and the cost of debt: Evidence from government investments in publicly traded firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 168-191.
- González-Urteaga, Ana & Muga, Luis & Santamaria, Rafael, 2015. "Momentum and default risk. Some results using the jump component," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 185-193.
- repec:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:77-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Godfrey & Chris Brooks, 2015. "The Negative Credit Risk Premium Puzzle: A Limits to Arbitrage Story," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2015-07, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chan, Chia-Ying & Chou, De-Wai & Lin, Jane-Raung & Liu, Feng-Ying, 2016. "The role of corporate governance in forecasting bankruptcy: Pre- and post-SOX enactment," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 166-188.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:finmgt:v:37:y:2008:i:3:p:461-484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.