Output decline during transition from plan to market: a reconsideration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont, 1991. "Stopping High Inflation; An Analytical Overview," IMF Working Papers 91/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Hare, Paul G & Hughes, Gordon, 1991. "Competitiveness and Industrial Restructuring in Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland," CEPR Discussion Papers 543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leibenstein, Harvey, 1978. "General X-Efficiency Theory and Economic Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195023800.
- Kiguel, Miguel & Liviatan, Nissan, 1990. "The business cycle associated with exchange-rate-based stabilization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 513, The World Bank.
- Kornai, J., 1993. "Transformational Recession; A General Phenomenon Examined Through the Example of Hangary's Development," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1648, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Eduardo Borensztein & Dimitri G Demekas, 1992. "The Output Decline in the Aftermath of Reform; The Cases of Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, and Romania," IMF Working Papers 92/59, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- János Gács & Peter Mayerhofer & Gerhard Palme, 1999. "Teilprojekt 2: Macroeconomic Developments in the Candidate Countries with Respect to the Accession Process," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 13584.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2020. "How to Deal with a Coronavirus Economic Recession?," MPRA Paper 100485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fardmanesh, Mohsen & Tan, Li, 2003. "Wage and price control policies in transition economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 173-200, February.
- Sašo Polanec & Aleš Ahčan & Miroslav Verbič, 2013.
"Retirement decisions in transition: microeconometric evidence from Slovenia,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 99-118, March.
- Polanec, Sašo & Ahčan, Aleš & Verbič, Miroslav, 2010. "Retirement Decisions in Transition: Microeconometric Evidence from Slovenia," MPRA Paper 28460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003.
"Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition-Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance,"
Vienna Economics Papers
0305, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Paul Frijters & Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck, 2003. "Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition - Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2003, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Langhammer, Rolf J. & Lücke, Matthias, 1995. "Trade among the Post-Soviet states: evolution and policy issues," Kiel Working Papers 708, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Kumo, Kazuhiro, 2016.
"Decline and Growth in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2016-9, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Kazuhiro Kumo, 2016. "Decline and Growth in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 951, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Balázs ÉGERT & Kirsten LOMMATZSCH, 2010. "Equilibrium Real Exchange Rates in Acceding Countries: How Large is Our Confidence (Interval)?," EcoMod2004 330600047, EcoMod.
- Jan Svejnar, 2006. "Strategies for growth : Central and Eastern Europe," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 205-233.
- Bal??zs ??gert & Kirsten Lommatzsch, 2004.
"Equilibrium Exchange Rates in the Transition: The Tradable Price-Based Real Appreciation and Estimation Uncertainty,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2004-676, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Égert, Balázs & Lommatzsch, Kirsten, 2004. "Equilibrium exchange rates in the transition : the tradable price-based real appreciation and estimation uncertainty," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michał Myck & Monika Oczkowska, 2018.
"Shocked by therapy? Unemployment in the first years of the socio‐economic transition in Poland and its long‐term consequences,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 26(4), pages 695-724, October.
- Myck, Michal & Oczkowska, Monika, 2018. "Shocked by Therapy? Unemployment in the First Years of the Socio-Economic Transition in Poland and its Long-Term Consequences," IZA Discussion Papers 11342, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hetze, Pascal, 2006. "Bridging the technology-gap in economic transition, the J-curve of growth and unemployment," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 66, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Jan Svejnar, 2002. "Transition Economies: Performance and Challenges," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Saso Polanec, 2004. "Price Liberalization and Output Decline in Transition," LICOS Discussion Papers 15304, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Grzegorz W. Kołodko, 2019. "Uwarunkowania i długookresowe implikacje Strategii dla Polski," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 2, pages 65-93.
- Koldko, Grzegorz W., 1999. "Ten years of post-socialist transition lessons for policy reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2095, The World Bank.
- Sašo Polanec, 2004.
"Convergence at Last? : Evidence from Transition Countries,"
Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 55-80, July.
- Saso Polanec, 2004. "Convergence at last? Evidence from Transition Countries," LICOS Discussion Papers 14404, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Svejnar, Jan, 2007. "China in Light of the Performance of Central and East European Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 2791, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Schmitz, P. Michael & Noeth, Cornelia, 1997. "Institutional and Organizational Forces Shaping the Agricultural Transformation Process: Experiences, Causes and Implications," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197042, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kolodko, Grzegorz W., 2000. "A posztszocialista átalakulás tíz éve a gazdaságpolitikai reformokkal kapcsolatos tanulságok [Ten years of post-socialist transition: the lessons for policy reforms]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 197-214.
- Barran, Fernando & Kegels, Chantal, 1996. "Channels of Monetary Policy in a Transition Country: Hungary," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1996016, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- J. Gacs, 2000. "Macroeconomic Developments in Hungary and the Accession Process," Working Papers ir00013, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Bouev Maxim & Matveenko Vladimir & Vostroknutova Ekaterina, 1998. "Transformational Decline and Preconditions of Growth in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 98-03e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Kornai, János, 1996. "Négy jellegzetesség. A magyar fejlődés politikai gazdaságtani megközelítésben. Második rész [Four characteristic features. Development in Hungary from the aspect of political economy - II]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 1-29.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:2:y:1994:i:4:p:419-441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebrdduk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.