The Effect of Political Alignment on Transfers to Portuguese Municipalities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David S. Lee, 2001. "The Electoral Advantage to Incumbency and Voters' Valuation of Politicians' Experience: A Regression Discontinuity Analysis of Elections to the U.S..," NBER Working Papers 8441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Assar Lindbeck & Jörgen Weibull, 1987. "Balanced-budget redistribution as the outcome of political competition," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 273-297, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009.
"Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A theoretical model and empirical evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Sugato Dasgupta & Amrita Dhillon & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008. "Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A Theoretical model and empirical evidence from India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-14, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2008. "Electoral Goals and Center-State Transfers: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 3376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2010.
"Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(2), pages 281-355, June.
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," Working Papers 1118, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," NBER Working Papers 14723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Milligan & Michael Smart, 2005. "Regional Grants as Pork Barrel Politics," CESifo Working Paper Series 1453, CESifo Group Munich.
- Case, Anne, 2001.
"Election goals and income redistribution: Recent evidence from Albania,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 405-423, March.
- Case, A, 1996. "Election Goals and Income Redistribution : Recent Evidence from Albania," Papers 177, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Anne Case, 1997. "Election Goals and Income Redistribution: Recent Evidence From Albania," Working Papers 227, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Case, A., 1997. "Election Goals and Income Redistribution: Recent Evidence from Albania," Papers 177, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:96:y:2002:i:01:p:27-40_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:104:y:2010:i:04:p:783-799_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-664, August.
- Stephen Ansolabehere & James M. Snyder, 2006. "Party Control of State Government and the Distribution of Public Expenditures," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(4), pages 547-569, December.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bracco, Emanuele & Lockwood, Ben & Porcelli, Francesco & Redoano, Michela, 2015.
"Intergovernmental grants as signals and the alignment effect: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 78-91.
- Emanuele Bracco & Benjamin Lockwood & Francesco Porcelli & Michela Redoano, 2015. "Intergovernmental Grants as Signals and the Alignment Effect: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 5215, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bracco, Emanuele & Lockwood, Ben & Porcelli, Francesco & Redoano, Michela, 2015. "Intergovernmental Grants as Signals and the Alignment Effect: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 10407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bracco, Emanuele & Redoano, Michela & Porcelli, Francesco, 2012.
"Incumbent Effects and Partisan Alignment in Local Elections: a Regression Discontinuity Analysis Using Italian Data,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
87, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Emanuele Bracco & Francesco Porcelli & Michela Redoano, 2013. "Incumbent Effects and Partisan Alignment in Local Elections: A Regression Discontinuity Analysis Using Italian Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 4061, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:15:y:2018:i:1:p:37-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ernesto H. Stein & Lorena Caro, 2013. "Ideology and Taxation in Latin America," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-407, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Carozzi, Felipe & Repetto, Luca, 2016.
"Distributive Politics inside the City? The Political Economy of Spain’s Plan E,"
Working Paper Series
2016:15, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Felipe Carozzi & Luca Repetto, 2017. "Distributive Politics inside the City? The Political Economy of Spain's Plan E," CESifo Working Paper Series 6628, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felipe Carozzi & Luca Repetto, 2017. "Distributive Politics Inside the City? The Political Economy of Spain's Plan E," SERC Discussion Papers 0212, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Miguel Ángel Borrella Mas, 2015. "Partisan Alignment and Political Corruption. Theory and Evidence from Spain Job Market Paper," Working Papers. Serie AD 2015-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jennes, Geert & Persyn, Damiaan, 2015. "The effect of political representation on the geographic distribution of income: Evidence using Belgian data," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 178-194.
- Muraközy, Balázs & Telegdy, Álmos, 2016.
"Political incentives and state subsidy allocation: Evidence from Hungarian municipalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 324-344.
- Balázs Murakozy & Almos Telegdy, 2015. "Political Incentives and State Subsidy Allocation: Evidence from Hungarian Municipalities," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1531, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Brice Fabre, 2017. "Political Colleagues Matter: The Impact of Multiple Office-Holding on Intergovernmental Grants," PSE Working Papers halshs-01596149, HAL.
- Bernardino Benito & María-Dolores Guillamón & Francisco Bastida, 2015. "Budget Forecast Deviations in Municipal Governments: Determinants and Implications," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 25(1), pages 45-70, March.
- Brice Fabre & Marc Sangnier, 2017.
"What Motivates French Pork: Political Career Concerns or Private Connections?,"
AMSE Working Papers
1705, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Brice Fabre & Marc Sangnier, 2017. "What Motivates French Pork: Political Career Concerns or Private Connections?," Working Papers halshs-01480532, HAL.
- Rafael Alves de Albuquerque Tavares, 2017. "Does Political Party Matter? Evidence from Close Races for Mais MÃ©dicos para o Brasil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_05, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Levoshko, Tamila, 2017. ""Pork-Barrel"-Politik und das regionale Wirtschaftswachstum. Empirische Evidenz für die Ukraine und Polen," Working Papers 0642, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Jekaterina Kuliomina, 2016. "Does Election of an Additional Female Councilor Increase Women's Candidacy in the Future?," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp559, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Marta Curto‐Grau & Albert Solé‐Ollé & Pilar Sorribas‐Navarro, 2017. "Does electoral competition curb party favoritism?," Working Papers 2017/04, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Oana Borcan, 2016. "The illicit beneficts of local party alignment in national elections," University of East Anglia School of Economics Working Paper Series 2016-10, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:25:y:2013:i:1:p:110-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.