The Efficiency-Stability Trade-Off: The Case Of High Interest Rate Spreads In Venezuela
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Brock, Philip L. & Rojas Suarez, Liliana, 2000. "Understanding the behavior of bank spreads in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 113-134, October.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Edgardo Favaro, 1984. "The Effects of Entry Regulation on Oligopolistic Interaction: The Uruguayan Banking Sector," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 244-254, Summer.
- Adolfo Barajas & Roberto Steiner & Natalia Salazar, 1999. "Interest Spreads in Banking in Colombia, 1974-96," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 1-4.
- Lerner, Eugene M., 1981. "Discussion: The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 601-602, November.
- Gruben, William C. & McComb, Robert P., 2003.
"Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 229-249, February.
- William C. Gruben & Robert P. McComb, 1999. "Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system," Center for Latin America Working Papers 0199, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Gruben, William C. & McComb, Robert P., 1999. "Privatization, competition, and supercompetition in the Mexican commercial banking system," Working Papers 9904, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1989. "Competition in the U.S. banking industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 321-323.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Saunders, Anthony & Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "The determinants of bank interest rate margins: an international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 813-832, December.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1993. "A Test of Competition in Canadian Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 49-61, February.
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Liang, J. Nellie, 1993.
"Inferring market power from time-series data : The case of the banking firm,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 205-218, June.
- Timothy H. Hannan & J. Nellie Liang, 1991. "Inferring market power from time-series data: the case of the banking firm," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 147, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Winston Moore & Roland Craigwell, 2002. "Market Power and Interest Rate Spreads in the Caribbean," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 391-405.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992. "Megamergers in banking and the use of cost efficiency as an antitrust defense," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 203, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Arsen Poghosyan, 2010.
"Foreign bank entry, bank efficiency and market power in Central and Eastern European Countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(3), pages 571-598, July.
- Poghosyan Tigran & Poghosyan Arsen, 2009. "Foreign Bank Entry, Bank Efficiency and Market Power in Central and Eastern European Countries," EERC Working Paper Series 09/01e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- de Blas, Beatriz & Russ, Katheryn Niles, 2013. "Hymer's multinationals," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 381-392.
- de Blas, Beatriz & Russ, Katheryn Niles, 2013.
"All banks great, small, and global: Loan pricing and foreign competition,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 4-24.
- Beatriz de Blas & Katheryn Niles Russ, 2010. "All Banks Great, Small, and Global: Loan pricing and foreign competition," NBER Working Papers 16029, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:deveco:v:45:y:2007:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.