Discussion: The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jugnu Ansari & Ashima Goyal, 2014.
"Bank Competition, Managerial Efficiency and the Interest Rate Pass-Through in India,"
Contemporary Studies in Economic and Financial Analysis, in: Jonathan A. Batten & Niklas F. Wagner (ed.), Risk Management Post Financial Crisis: A Period of Monetary Easing, volume 96, pages 317-339,
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Jugnu Ansari & Ashima Goyal, 2014. "Banks Competition, Managerial Efficiency and the Interest Rate Pass-through in India," Working Papers id:5715, eSocialSciences.
- Jugnu Ansari & Ashima Goyal, 2014. "Banks competition, managerial efficiency and the interest rate pass-through in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-007, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Saona, Paolo, 2016. "Intra- and extra-bank determinants of Latin American Banks' profitability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 197-214.
- Osório, R. & Koiller, Belita, 1985. "Lennard-Jones triangular lattice gas in the Kikuchi approximation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 263-277.
- Dairo Estrada & Esteban Gómez & Inés Orozco, 2006. "Determinants of Interest Margins in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002335, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Q.q. Anthony Aboagye & S.k. Akoena & T.o. Antwi‐asare & A.f. Gockel, 2008. "Explaining The Market Power Of Ghanaian Banks1," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(4), pages 569-585, December.
- Islam, Md. Shahidul & Nishiyama, Shin-Ichi, 2016.
"The determinants of bank net interest margins: A panel evidence from South Asian countries,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 501-514.
- Shahidul Islam & Shin-Ichi Nishiyama, 2015. "The determinants of bank net interest margins: A panel evidence from South Asian countries," DSSR Discussion Papers 32, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2011.
"Determinants of bank interest margins in Russia: Does bank ownership matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 481-495.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2009. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Russia : Does bank ownership matter?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 22/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Gerlach, Jeffrey R. & Mora, Nada & Uysal, Pinar, 2018. "Bank funding costs in a rising interest rate environment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 164-186.
- Clemens Bonner & Sylvester C. W. Eijffinger, 2016.
"The Impact of Liquidity Regulation on Bank Intermediation,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 20(5), pages 1945-1979.
- Bonner, Clemens & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 2012. "The Impact of Liquidity Regulation on Bank Intermediation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9124, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:2012075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2004.
"Factors explaining the interest margin in the banking sectors of the European Union,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2259-2281, September.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2003. "Factors Explaining the Interest Margin in the Banking Sectors of the European Union," MPRA Paper 15252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leonardo VERA & Luis ZAMBRANO‐SEQUÍN & Andreas FAUST, 2007. "The Efficiency‐Stability Trade‐Off: The Case Of High Interest Rate Spreads In Venezuela," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Erwin G. Hutapea & Rahmatina A. Kasri, 2010. "Bank margin determination: a comparison between Islamic and conventional banks in Indonesia," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 65-82, April.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2008.
"How do banks set interest rates?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 792-819, July.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2004. "How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?," NBER Working Papers 10295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2005. "How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 542, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Memmel, Christoph & Schertler, Andrea, 2011. "Banks' management of the net interest margin: Evidence from Germany," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2011,13, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Sokol Ndoka & Anilda Bozdo, 2015. "Analysis of Interest Rate Impact on the Profitability Level of the Banking System in Albania during the Period 2005 -2014," European Journal of Economics and Business Studies Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 1, September.
- Abdelaziz Rouabah, 2006. "La sensibilité de l'activité bancaire aux chocs macroéconomiques : une analyse en panel sur des données de banques luxembourgeoises," BCL working papers 21, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Angbazo, Lazarus, 1997. "Commercial bank net interest margins, default risk, interest-rate risk, and off-balance sheet banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-87, January.
- repec:tiu:tiucen:2012075 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jane BOGOEV, 2010. "Investigation Of The Determinants Of The Adjustment Of Lending Rates In Macedonia – A Sur Approach," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 6, pages 89-116, December.
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Rodriguez Fernandez, Francisco, 2007. "The determinants of bank margins in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2043-2063, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:16:y:1981:i:04:p:601-602_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/jfq .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.