Banks' management of the net interest margin: Evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stulz, René M., 1984. "Optimal Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 127-140, June.
- Dawood Ashraf & Yener Altunbas & John Goddard, 2007. "Who Transfers Credit Risk? Determinants of the Use of Credit Derivatives by Large US Banks," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 483-500.
- Lerner, Eugene M., 1981. "Discussion: The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 601-602, November.
- Memmel, Christoph, 2011.
"Banks' exposure to interest rate risk, their earnings from term transformation, and the dynamics of the term structure,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 282-289, February.
- Memmel, Christoph, 2010. "Banks' exposure to interest rate risk, their earnings from term transformation, and the dynamics of the term structure," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2010,07, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Christoph Memmel & Ingrid Stein, 2008. "European Data Watch: The Deutsche Bundesbank’s prudential database (BAKIS)," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 128(2), pages 321-328.
- Kasman, Adnan & Tunc, Gokce & Vardar, Gulin & Okan, Berna, 2010. "Consolidation and commercial bank net interest margins: Evidence from the old and new European Union members and candidate countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 648-655, May.
- Christoph Memmel, 2008.
"Which interest rate scenario is the worst one for a bank? Evidence from a tracking bank approach for German savings and cooperative banks,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 85-104.
- Memmel, Christoph, 2008. "Which interest rate scenario is the worst one for a bank? Evidence from a tracking bank approach for German savings and cooperative banks," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,07, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Brewer III, Elijah & Minton, Bernadette A. & Moser, James T., 2000. "Interest-rate derivatives and bank lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 353-379, March.
- David Carter & Joseph Sinkey, 1998. "The Use of Interest Rate Derivatives by End-users: The Case of Large Community Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 17-34, July.
- Memmel, Christoph & Schertler, Andrea, 2009. "The dependency of the banks' assets and liabilities: evidence from Germany," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,14, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Purnanandam, Amiyatosh, 2007. "Interest rate derivatives at commercial banks: An empirical investigation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1769-1808, September.
- Delis, Manthos D. & Kouretas, Georgios P., 2011. "Interest rates and bank risk-taking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 840-855, April.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2004.
"Factors explaining the interest margin in the banking sectors of the European Union,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2259-2281, September.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2003. "Factors Explaining the Interest Margin in the Banking Sectors of the European Union," MPRA Paper 15252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kit, Pong Wong, 1997. "On the determinants of bank interest margins under credit and interest rate risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 251-271, February.
- Saunders, Anthony & Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "The determinants of bank interest rate margins: an international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 813-832, December.
- Elijah Brewer & William E. Jackson & James T. Moser, 2001. "The value of using interest rate derivatives to manage risk of U.S. banking organizations," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 49-66.
- Ho, Thomas S. Y. & Saunders, Anthony, 1981. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 581-600, November.
- DeYoung, Robert & Yom, Chiwon, 2008. "On the independence of assets and liabilities: Evidence from U.S. commercial banks, 1990-2005," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 275-303, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruprecht, Benedikt & Entrop, Oliver & Kick, Thomas & Wilkens, Marco, 2013.
"Market timing, maturity mismatch, and risk management: Evidence from the banking industry,"
56/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ruprecht, Benedikt & Entrop, Oliver & Kick, Thomas & Wilkens, Marco, 2013. "Market Timing, Maturity Mismatch, and Risk Management: Evidence from the Banking Industry," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79733, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Holton, Sarah & Kelly, Jane & Lydon, Reamonn & Monks, Allen & O'Donnell, Nuala, 2013. "The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Banks' Net Interest Margins," Economic Letters 01/EL/13, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Ioan TRENCA & Mihail-Ioan COCIUBA, 2014. "How does assets-liabilities management affects the profitability of banks?," The Journal of Accounting and Management, Danubius University of Galati, issue 3, pages 47-50, December.
- Tsai, Jeng-Yan, 2013. "Bank interest margin management based on a path-dependent Cobb–Douglas utility framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 751-762.
- Ulrich Gunter & Gerald Krenn & Michael Sigmund, 2013. "Macroeconomic, Market and Bank-Specific Determinants of the Net Interest Margin in Austria," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 25, pages 87-101.
More about this item
Keywordsnet interest margin; banking; balance-sheet composition;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdp2:201113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .