The Contest to the Control in European Family Firms: How Other Shareholders Affect Firm Value
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 16 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (05)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1|
- Roberto Álvarez & Mauricio Jara-Bertín & Carlos Pombo, 2016. "Do institutional investors unbind firm financial constraints? Evidence from emerging markets," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015114, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Sacristán-Navarro, María & Gómez-Ansón, Silvia & Cabeza-García, Laura, 2011. "Large shareholders' combinations in family firms: Prevalence and performance effects," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 101-112, June.
- Boubaker, Sabri & Nguyen, Pascal & Rouatbi, Wael, 2012. "Large shareholders and firm risk-taking behavior," MPRA Paper 39005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María-Andrea, 2013.
"Family firms and debt: Risk aversion versus risk of losing control,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2308-2320.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María Andréa, 2011. "Family firms and debt: Risk aversion versus risk of losing control," Galeras. Working Papers Series 033, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Pombo, Carlos & Gutiérrez, Luis H., 2011. "Outside directors, board interlocks and firm performance: Empirical evidence from Colombian business groups," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 251-277, July.
- Pombo, Carlos & De la hoz, María Camila, 2015. "Institutional Investors and Firm Valuation: Evidence from Latin America," Galeras. Working Papers Series 040, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Maria Camila De-La-Hoz & Carlos Pombo, 2015. "Institutional Investors and Firm Valuation: Evidence from Latin America," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 012849, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Carlos Pombo & Rodrigo Taborda, 2015. "Stock liquidity and second blockholder as drivers of corporate value: Evidence from Latin America," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 014074, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Ruiz-Mallorquí, María Victoria & Santana-Martín, Domingo J., 2011. "Dominant institutional owners and firm value," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 118-129, January.
- Pindado, Julio & Requejo, Ignacio & de la Torre, Chabela, 2011. "Family control and investment–cash flow sensitivity: Empirical evidence from the Euro zone," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1389-1409.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María-Andrea, 2012. "Family firms and financial performance: The cost of growing," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 626-649.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María Andréa, 2011. "Family Firms and Financial Performance: The Cost of Growing," Galeras. Working Papers Series 032, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Audretsch, David B. & Hülsbeck, Marcel & Lehmann, Erik E., 2010. "The benefits of family ownership, control and management on financial performance of firms," UO Working Papers 05-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- Felix K. Thiele, 2017. "Family businesses and non-family equity: literature review and avenues for future research," Management Review Quarterly, Springer;Vienna University of Economics and Business, vol. 67(1), pages 31-63, February.
- Valenzuela Fernández, Leslier & Jara-Bertin, Mauricio & Villegas Pineaur, Francisco, 2015. "Práticas de responsabilidade social, reputação corporativa e desempenho financeiro," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 55(3), May.
- De-la-Hoz, Maria Camila & Pombo, Carlos, 2016. "Institutional investor heterogeneity and firm valuation: Evidence from Latin America," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 197-221.
- Díaz-Díaz, Nieves Lidia & García-Teruel, Pedro J. & Martínez-Solano, Pedro, 2016. "Debt maturity structure in private firms: Does the family control matter?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 393-411.
- Mário Santos & António Moreira & Elisabete Vieira, 2014. "Ownership concentration, contestability, family firms, and capital structure," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 1063-1107, November.
- Ducassy, Isabelle & Guyot, Alexis, 2017. "Complex ownership structures, corporate governance and firm performance: The French context," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 291-306.
- Audretsch, David B. & Hülsbeck, Marcel & Lehmann, Erik E., 2013. "Families as active monitors of firm performance," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 118-130.
- Mauricio Jara-Bertin & Jean P. Sepulveda, 2014. "Earnings Management and Performance in Family-Controlled Firms:Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Serie Working Papers 01, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics, revised Nov 2014.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:corgov:v:16:y:2008:i:3:p:146-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed