Looting: The Economic Underworld of Bankruptcy for Profit
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1976. "On the Efficiency of Competitive Stock Markets Where Trades Have Diverse Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 573-585, May.
- Scherer, F M, 1988. "Corporate Takeovers: The Efficiency Arguments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 69-82, Winter.
- R McKinnon, 1991. "Financial Control in the Transition to a Market Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0040, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Yago, Glenn, 1991. "Junk Bonds: How High Yield Securities Restructured Corporate America," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195061116, November.
- James R. Barth, 1991. "The Great Savings and Loan Debacle," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 918256, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rachele Foschi & Francesca Lilla & Cecilia Mancini, 2020. "Warnings about future jumps: properties of the exponential Hawkes model," Working Papers 13/2020, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Yue Zhao & Difang Wan, 2018. "Institutional high frequency trading and price discovery: Evidence from an emerging commodity futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(2), pages 243-270, February.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Marc Santugini, 2019. "The Informational Role of Prices," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 121(2), pages 606-629, April.
- Estelle Cantillon & AurÃ©lie Slechten, 2018.
"Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 132, pages 53-79.
- Estelle Cantillon & Aurelie Slechten, 2018. "Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/284533, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estelle Cantillon & Aurelie Slechten, 2018. "Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement," Working Papers ECARES 2018-37, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cantillon, Estelle & Slechten, Aurélie, 2018. "Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement," CEPR Discussion Papers 13343, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Estelle Cantillon & Aurelie Cecile Dominique Slechten, 2018. "Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement," Working Papers 251505309, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Guillermo Llorente & Jiang Wang, 2020. "Trading and information in futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(8), pages 1231-1263, August.
- Gaballo, G., 2012. "Private Uncertainty and Multiplicity," Working papers 387, Banque de France.
- George J. Benston & George G. Kaufman, 1997. "FDICIA after five years: a review and evaluation," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation WP-97-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Manchester, Alden C., 1992. "Rearranging The Economic Landscape: The Food Marketing Revolution, 1950-91," Agricultural Economic Reports 308263, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- AltInkIlIç, Oya & Hansen, Robert S., 2009. "On the information role of stock recommendation revisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 17-36, October.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Sturzenegger, Federico, 1997.
"Financial markets and inflation under imperfect information,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 149-168, October.
- Mr. Jose De Gregorio & Mr. Federico Sturzenegger, 1994. "Financial Markets and Inflation Under Imperfect Information," IMF Working Papers 1994/063, International Monetary Fund.
- José De Gregorio & Federico Sturzenegger, 1997. "Financial Markets and Inflation under Imperfect Information," Documentos de Trabajo 23, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zuniga, Pluvia, 2006.
"R&D and M&A: Are cross-border M&A different? An investigation on OECD countries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 401-423, March.
- Olivier Bertrand & Pluvia Zuniga, 2004. "R&D and M&A: Are cross-border M&A different? An investigation on OECD countries," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04072, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Pietro Dindo & Filippo Massari, 2017. "The Wisdom of the Crowd in Dynamic Economies," Working Papers 2017:17, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari", revised 2018.
- J. Ramos-Tallada., 2013.
"The IMF and management of capital flows: the long road towards a pragmatic approach,"
Quarterly selection of articles - Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 31, pages 63-85, Autumn.
- Ramos-Tallada, J., 2013. "Le FMI et la gestion des flux de capitaux : la longue route vers une approche pragmatique," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 192, pages 95-110.
- Steinherr, Alfred & Cisotta, Alessandro & Klar, Erik & Sehovic, Kenan, 2006. "Liberalizing Cross-Border Capital Flows: How Effective Are Institutional Arrangements against Crisis in Southeast Asia," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 6, Asian Development Bank.
- Filippov, Mikhail G, 2002. "Russian Voting and the Initial Economic Shock of Hyperinflation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 111(1-2), pages 73-104, March.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995.
"A growth model of inflation, tax evasion, and financial repression,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 275-301, April.
- Nouriel Roubini & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion, and Financial Repression," NBER Working Papers 4062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roubini, N. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion and Financial Repression," Papers 658, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Richard Pomfret, 2003. "Trade and Exchange Rate Policies in Formerly Centrally Planned Economies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 585-612, April.
- Yingmei Zheng & Kam Tang, 2009. "Rethinking the measurement of capital flight: an application to Asian economies," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 313-330.
- Marcello Miccoli, 2012. "Optimal dynamic public communication," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 856, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ahmad Fraz & Arshad Hassan, 2017. "Stock Price Synchronicity and Information Environment," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 9(4), pages 213-232, December.
More about this item
Keywordsmacroeconomics; bankruptcy; profit; financial crises; debt; financial institutions; Chile; thrift crisis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:24:y:1993:i:1993-2:p:1-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jennifer Ambrosino (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.