Potential of Cluster Development and the Role of Cluster Support Policies in Latvia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott, Allen J. (ed.), 2001. "Global City-Regions: Trends, Theory, Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198297994.
- Michael Porter, 2003. "The Economic Performance of Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 549-578.
- Wolfgang Proissl, 2010. "Why Germany fell out of love with Europe," Essays and Lectures 417, Bruegel.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Brusco, Sebastiano, 1982. "The Emilian Model: Productive Decentralisation and Social Integration," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Kamińska Wioletta & Mularczyk Mirosław, 2006. "Development and Distribution of Private Microfirms in Mid-Size Polish Towns During the Transformation Period," Miscellanea Geographica. Regional Studies on Development, Sciendo, vol. 12(1), pages 175-184, December.
- Vanags, Alf & Basarova, Julija & Titova, Nellija, 2002. "Industrial and intellectual capital clusters in the Baltic states," ERSA conference papers ersa02p248, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zeynep Karaca, 2018. "The Cluster Analysis In The Manufacturing Industry With K-Means Method: An Application For Turkey," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, , vol. 6(3), pages 1-12.
- Ádám Török & Gyöngyi Csuka & Bernadett Kovács & Anita Veres, 2013. "The "Resurrection" of Industrial Policy in the European Union and its Impact on Industrial Policy in the New Member Countries. WWWforEurope Working Paper No. 26," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 46887, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sue Konzelmann & Frank Wilkinson, 2017. "Co-operation and competition in production and exchange: the “district” form of industrial organization and development," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(4), pages 393-410, December.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- João J. M. Ferreira & Cristina I. Fernandes & Mário L. Raposo, 2017. "The Effects of Location on Firm Innovation Capacity," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 8(1), pages 77-96, March.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Mirko Titze, 2014.
"Benchmark Value Added Chains and Regional Clusters in German R&D Intensive Industries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa14p1396, European Regional Science Association.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Mirko Titze, 2014. "Benchmark Value Added Chains and Regional Clusters in German R&D Intensive Industries," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201437, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dean M. Hanink, 2010. "Perspectives on Regional Change: A Review Essay on Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Mario Davide Parrilli, 2013. "The New Complexity of Local Production and the Enlightened Role of Industrial Policy," Working Papers 2013R01, Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Thomas Brenner, 2017. "Identification of Clusters - An Actor based Approach," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2017-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- repec:elg:eechap:14395_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicole Litzel & Joachim Möller, 2011.
"Industrial Clusters and Economic Integration: Theoretic Concepts and an Application to the European Metropolitan Region Nuremberg,"
Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume II, chapter 12,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Litzel, Nicole & Möller, Joachim, 2009. "Industrial clusters and economic integration : theoretic concepts and an application to the European Metropolitan Region Nuremberg," IAB Discussion Paper 200922, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Fiorenza Belussi & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2005. "The symbiotic division of labour between heterogeneous districts. The development of ornamental horticulture in the Netherlands and Italy," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0011, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Robert Huggins & Piers Thompson, 2015. "Entrepreneurship, innovation and regional growth: a network theory," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 103-128, June.
- Eisingerich, Andreas B. & Bell, Simon J. & Tracey, Paul, 2010. "How can clusters sustain performance? The role of network strength, network openness, and environmental uncertainty," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 239-253, March.
- Solène Chesnel & Jérémie Molho & Florian Raimbeau & Hélène Morteau & Dominique Sagot-Duvauroux, 2013. "Les clusters ou districts industriels du domaine culturel et médiatique : revue du savoir économique et questionnement," Working Papers hal-02502563, HAL.
- Frank Van Oort, 2013. "Agglomeration Economics Beyond the Specialisation-Diversity Controversy," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1313, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2013.
- Harold Wolman, 2014. "Economic competitiveness, clusters, and cluster-based development," Chapters, in: Pengfei Ni & Zheng Qiongjie (ed.), Urban Competitiveness and Innovation, chapter 14, pages 229-251, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissensintensive Unternehmensdienste, Wissens-Spillovers und regionales Wachstum. Teilprojekt 1: Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung – Welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert das Wach," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58342, February.
- Gashawbeza Bekele & Randall Jackson, 2006. "Theoretical Perspectives on Industry Clusters," Working Papers Working Paper 2006-05, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Peter B. Doeringer & Pacey Foster & Stephan Manning & David Terkla, 2013. "Project-based industries and craft-like production: structure, location and performance," Chapters, in: Frank Giarratani & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings & Philip McCann (ed.), Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 4, pages 99-151, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Peter Maskell & Leïla Kebir, 2005. "What qualifies as a cluster theory?," DRUID Working Papers 05-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Kibar, Samet, 2020. "Eine ökonomisch theoretische Analyse der Konzeption und Legitimation staatlicher Clusterförderung," Arbeitspapiere 191, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
More about this item
Keywordscluster support policies; regional competitive advantages; cluster development; labour force concentration; location quotient (LQ).;
All these keywords.
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J58 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Public Policy
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:beo:journl:v:56:y:2011:i:191:p:35-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Goran Petrić). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efbeoyu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.