Can the Disparity between GDP and GDP Forecast Cause Economic Instability? The Recent Japanese Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean Croushore, 2011. "Frontiers of Real-Time Data Analysis," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 72-100, March.
- Jacopo Cimadomo, 2012. "Fiscal Policy in Real Time," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 440-465, June.
- Jacopo Cimadomo, 2016.
"Real-Time Data And Fiscal Policy Analysis: A Survey Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 302-326, April.
- Jacopo Cimadomo, 2011. "Real-time data and fiscal policy analysis: a survey of the literature," Working Papers 11-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cimadomo, Jacopo, 2011. "Real-time data and fiscal policy analysis: a survey of the literature," Working Paper Series 1408, European Central Bank.
- Jacopo Cimadomo, 2011. "Real-Time Data and Fiscal Policy Analysis: a Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 2011-20, CEPII research center.
- John Lewis, 2013.
"Fiscal policy in Central and Eastern Europe with real time data: cyclicality, inertia and the role of EU accession,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(23), pages 3347-3359, August.
- John Lewis, 2009. "Fiscal policy in Central and Eastern Europe with real time data: Cyclicality, inertia and the role of EU accession," DNB Working Papers 214, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Joelle Liebermann, 2014. "Real-Time Nowcasting of GDP: A Factor Model vs. Professional Forecasters," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 76(6), pages 783-811, December.
- Ulf Von Kalckreuth & Guntram B. Wolff, 2011. "Identifying Discretionary Fiscal Policy Reactions with Real‐Time Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(6), pages 1271-1285, September.
- Capek Jan, 2015. "Estimating DSGE model parameters in a small open economy: Do real-time data matter?," Review of Economic Perspectives, De Gruyter Open, vol. 15(1), pages 89-114, March.
- Fair, Ray C & Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "Comparing Information in Forecasts from Econometric Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 375-389, June.
- Domenico Giannone & Jérôme Henry & Magdalena Lalik & Michele Modugno, 2012.
"An Area-Wide Real-Time Database for the Euro Area,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 1000-1013, November.
- Domenico Giannone & Jérôme Henry & Magdalena Lalik & Michèle Modugno, 2010. "An Area Wide Real Time Data Base for the Euro Area," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giannone, Domenico & Henry, Jérôme & Lalik, Magdalena & Modugno, Michele, 2010. "An area-wide real-time database for the euro area," Working Paper Series 1145, European Central Bank.
- Giannone, Domenico & Henry, Jérôme & Lalik, Magdalena & Modugno, Michele, 2010. "An Area-Wide Real-Time Database for the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 7673, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Pedersen, 2013.
"Extracting GDP signals from the monthly indicator of economic activity: Evidence from Chilean real-time data,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2013(1), pages 1-16.
- Michael Pedersen, 2010. "Extracting GDP Signals From the Monthly Indicator of Economic Activity: Evidence From Chilean Real-Time Data," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 595, Central Bank of Chile.
- Berardi, Michele & Duffy, John, 2015.
"Real-Time, Adaptive Learning Via Parameterized Expectations,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 245-269, March.
- Michele Berardi & John Duffy, 2010. "Real-Time, Adaptive Learning via Parameterized Expectations," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 147, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Lewis, John, 2015. "The Cyclicality Of Automatic And Discretionary Fiscal Policy: What Can Real-Time Data Tell Us?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 221-243, January.
- Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H & Wright, Jonathan H, 2005. "News and Noise in G-7 GDP Announcements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 403-419, June.
- Genre, Véronique & Kenny, Geoff & Meyler, Aidan & Timmermann, Allan, 2013. "Combining expert forecasts: Can anything beat the simple average?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 108-121.
- Ansgar Belke & Jens Klose, 2011. "Does the ECB Rely on a Taylor Rule During the Financial Crisis? Comparing Ex-post and Real Time Data with Real Time Forecasts," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 147-171, September.
- Rafael Cusinato & André Minella & Sabino Silva Pôrto Júnior, 2013. "Output gap in Brazil: a real-time data analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1113-1127, June.
- Zarnowitz, Victor & Lambros, Louis A, 1987. "Consensus and Uncertainty in Economic Prediction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 591-621, June.
- Baetje, Fabian & Friedrici, Karola, 2016. "Does cross-sectional forecast dispersion proxy for macroeconomic uncertainty? New empirical evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 38-43.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic stability; Forecast; GDP; Price.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arp:ijefrr:2016:p:155-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor). General contact details of provider: http://www.arpgweb.com/?ic=journal&journal=5&info=aims .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.