Real-Time Nowcasting of GDP: A Factor Model vs. Professional Forecasters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:786-800 is not listed on IDEAS
- João Valle e Azevedo & Inês Maria Gonçalves, 2015. "Macroeconomic Forecasting Starting from Survey Nowcasts," Working Papers w201502, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jos Jansen & Jasper de Winter, 2016. "Improving model-based near-term GDP forecasts by subjective forecasts: A real-time exercise for the G7 countries," DNB Working Papers 507, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Hindrayanto, Irma & Koopman, Siem Jan & de Winter, Jasper, 2016. "Forecasting and nowcasting economic growth in the euro area using factor models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1284-1305.
- Bragoli, Daniela & Modugno, Michele, 2017.
"A now-casting model for Canada: Do U.S. variables matter?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 786-800.
- Daniela Bragoli & Michele Modugno, 2016. "A Nowcasting Model for Canada: Do U.S. Variables Matter?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-036, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Bragoli, Daniela, 2017. "Now-casting the Japanese economy," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 390-402.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:23:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9436-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:anr:reveco:v:10:y:2018:p:615-643 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yutaka Kurihara, 2016. "Can the Disparity between GDP and GDP Forecast Cause Economic Instability? The Recent Japanese Case," International Journal of Economics and Financial Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(8), pages 155-160, 08-2016.
- Carabias, Jose M., 2018. "The real-time information content of macroeconomic news: implications for firm-level earnings expectations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86399, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Brandyn Bok & Daniele Caratelli & Domenico Giannone & Argia M. Sbordone & Andrea Tambalotti, 2018.
"Macroeconomic Nowcasting and Forecasting with Big Data,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 10(1), pages 615-643, August.
- Brandyn Bok & Daniele Caratelli & Domenico Giannone & Argia M. Sbordone & Andrea Tambalotti, 2017. "Macroeconomic nowcasting and forecasting with big data," Staff Reports 830, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bok, Brandyn & Caratelli, Daniele & Giannone, Domenico & Sbordone, Argia & Tambalotti, Andrea, 2018. "Macroeconomic Nowcasting and Forecasting with Big Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 12589, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beber, Alessandro & Brandt, Michael W. & Luisi, Maurizio, 2015. "Distilling the macroeconomic news flow," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 489-507.
- Smith Paul, 2016. "Nowcasting UK GDP during the depression," Working Papers 1606, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:76:y:2014:i:6:p:783-811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.