The Economics of Urban-Rural Space
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Todd Cherry & Peter Frykblom & Jason Shogren & John List & Melonie Sullivan, 2004.
"Laboratory Testbeds and Non-Market Valuation: The Case of Bidding Behavior in a Second-Price Auction with an Outside Option,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(3), pages 285-294, November.
- Todd L. Cherry & Peter Frykblom & John List & Jason Shogren & Melonie Williams, 2002. "Laboratory Testbeds and Nonmarket Valuation: The Case of Bidding Behavior in a Second Price Auction with an Outside Option," Working Papers 02-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Newburn, David A. & Berck, Peter, 2011.
"Growth Management Policies for Exurban and Suburban Development: Theory and an Application to Sonoma County, California,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 375-392, December.
- Newburn, David A. & Berck, Peter, 2011. "Growth Management Policies for Exurban and Suburban Development: Theory and an Application to Sonoma County, California," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(3), December.
- Rowangould, Dana & Eldridge, Melody & Niemeier, Deb, 2013. "Incorporating regional growth into forecasts of greenhouse gas emissions from project-level residential and commercial development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1288-1300.
- Bauer, Dana & Liu, Pengfei & Swallow, Stephen K. & Johnston, Robert J., 2013. "Do Exurban Communities Want More Development?," Working Papers 25, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Latta, Gregory S. & Adams, Darius M. & Bell, Kathleen P. & Kline, Jeffrey D., 2016. "Evaluating land-use and private forest management responses to a potential forest carbon offset sales program in western Oregon (USA)," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 1-8.
- Emery N. Castle & JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Weber, 2011. "Place Orientation and Rural–Urban Interdependence," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 179-204.
- Michael Brady & Elena Irwin, 2011. "Accounting for Spatial Effects in Economic Models of Land Use: Recent Developments and Challenges Ahead," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(3), pages 487-509, March.
- Chen, Yong & Irwin, Elena G. & Jayaprakash, Ciriyam, 2011. "An Agent-Based Model of Exurban Land Development," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103641, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Olfert, M. Rose & Ali, Kamar, 2009. "Towards a Rural Development Policy: Lessons from the United States and Canada," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2).
- Johnston, Robert J. & Ramachandran, Mahesh & Schultz, Eric T. & Segerson, Kathleen & Besedin, Elena Y., 2011. "Characterizing Spatial Pattern in Ecosystem Service Values when Distance Decay Doesn’t Apply: Choice Experiments and Local Indicators of Spatial Association," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103374, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jiang, Yong & Swallow, Stephen K., 2017. "Impact Fees Coupled With Conservation Payments to Sustain Ecosystem Structure: A Conceptual and Numerical Application at the Urban-Rural Fringe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 136-147.
- Cheng, Mei-luan & Gomez, Miguel I. & Bills, Nelson L., 2011. "Urban Agglomeration Economies in the U.S. Greenhouse and Nursery Production," Working Papers 126611, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Tajibaeva, Liaila & Haight, Robert & Stephen, Polasky, 2014. "Welfare and Biodiversity Tradeoffs in Urban Open Space Protection," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170602, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:36-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
- Van Butsic & Maggi Kelly & Max A. Moritz, 2015. "Land Use and Wildfire: A Review of Local Interactions and Teleconnections," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, February.
More about this item
Keywordsland use; exurban; sprawl; rural-urban interdependence; natural amenities; spatial heterogeneity; environmental impacts;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anr:reseco:v:1:y:2009:p:435-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (http://www.annualreviews.org). General contact details of provider: http://www.annualreviews.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.