The Economics of Commodity Futures Markets: A Survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1967. "Futures Markets, Buffer Stocks, and Income Stability for Primary Producers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 844-844.
- Tomek, William G., 1971. "A Note on Historical Wheat Prices and Futures Trading," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-5.
- Stevenson, Richard A & Bear, Robert M, 1970. "Commodity Futures: Trends or Random Walks?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 65-81, March.
- Howell, L. D., 1948. "Analysis of Hedging and Other Operations in Grain Futures," Technical Bulletins 170308, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Stewart, Blair, 1949. "An Analysis of Speculative Trading in Grain Futures," Technical Bulletins 156265, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gruen, Fred H.G., 1960. "The Pros and Cons of Futures Trading for Woolgrowers," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 03), pages 1-12, September.
- F. W. Taussig, 1921. "Is Market Price Determinate?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 394-411.
- Lester G. Telser, 1958. "Futures Trading and the Storage of Cotton and Wheat," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 233-233.
- Howell, L. D. & Watson, Leonard J., 1938. "Relation of Spot Cotton Prices to Prices of Futures Contracts and Protection Afforded by Trading in Futures," Technical Bulletins 166018, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Smidt, Seymour, 1965. "A Test of the Serial Independence Price Changes in Soybean Futures," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20.
- Powers, Mark J, 1970. "Does Futures Trading Reduce Price Fluctuations in the Cash Markets?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 460-464, June.
- Brand, Simon S., 1964. "The Decline in the Cotton Futures Market," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-11.
- J. Marvin Skadberg & Gene A. Futrell, 1966. "An Economic Appraisal of Futures Trading in Livestock," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1485-1489.
- Brinegar, Claude S., 1970. "A Statistical Analysis of Speculative Price Behavior," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 0(Supplemen), pages 1-72.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. T. Ennew & C. W. Morgan & A. J. Rayner, 1992. "Objective And Subjective Influences On The Decision To Trade On The London Potato Futures Market," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 160-174.
- Kenyon, David E. & Kingsley, Steven E., 1973. "An Analysis Of Anticipatory Short Hedging Using Predicted Harvest Basis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 5(01), July.
- Mendez Parra, Maximiliano, 2015. "Seasonal Unit Roots and Structural Breaks in agricultural time series: Monthly exports and domestic supply in Argentina," MPRA Paper 63831, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Apr 2015.
- Schnake, Kristin N. & Karali, Berna & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2012. "The Informational Content of Distant-Delivery Futures Contracts," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-15, August.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2013.
"The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 35-105.
- Gary Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2605, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2008.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," NBER Working Papers 13249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Hsiang-Hsi, 1983. "An annual simultaneous equation econometric model of U.S. corn and soybean cash and futures markets," ISU General Staff Papers 198301010800009935, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Christine Ennew & Wyn Morgan & Tony Rayner, 1992. "Role of attitudes in the decision to use futures markets: The case of the London potato futures market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 561-573.
- Sooy, Jeff & Branch, Ben, 1980. "A Study Of The Economic Functions Of The Maine Potato Futures Market," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-11, April.
- Vollink, William James, 1977. "An analysis of basis value determination for live beef cattle," ISU General Staff Papers 1977010108000018132, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:204-216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kemp-Benedict, Eric, 2018.
"Dematerialization, Decoupling, and Productivity Change,"
Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 204-216.
- Eric Kemp-Benedict, 2017. "Dematerialization, decoupling, and productivity Change," Working Papers PKWP1709, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Watson, Alistair S., 1980. "Wool In 1980," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-15, August.
- Runge, C. Ford, 2006. "Agricultural Economics: A Brief Intellectual History," Staff Papers 13649, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Langley, James A., 1983. "Regional acreage response functions for major US field crops: estimation and policy implications," ISU General Staff Papers 198301010800008678, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:9639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.