An Analysis of the 2002 Farm Billâ€™s Value-Added Producer Grants Program
Our objective is to identify the determinants for success among USDAâ€™s Value- Added Producer Grants (VAPG) program recipients. Business development has become an important program in departments of agricultural economics. Market share was found to be an important determinant of VAPG success. Size variables including greater sales and increased grant dollars, as well as a lower number of producers, were also determinants of business success. Departments of agricultural economics are likely best able to assist VAPG recipients by providing information on price discovery, explaining their relationship to potential plant location, and providing education on best management practices to help producers avoid costly mistakes.
Volume (Year): 27 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.agecon.uga.edu/~jab/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel C. Monchuk & John A. Miranowski & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2007.
"An Analysis of Regional Economic Growth in the U.S. Midwest,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 17-39.
- Monchuk, Daniel C. & Miranowski, John A. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2004. "An Analysis Of Regional Economic Growth In The Us Midwest," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20369, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Monchuk, Daniel C. & Miranowski, John & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005. "Analysis of Regional Economic Growth in the U.S. Midwest (An)," Staff General Research Papers 12294, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel C. Monchuk & John Miranowski & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2005. "Analysis of Regional Economic Growth in the U.S. Midwest, An," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 05-wp392, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Bruce L. Gardner, 2000. "Economic Growth and Low Incomes in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1059-1074.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jloagb:90660. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.