A theory of the availability and level of consumer protection in online and mobile payments for public economic services
The mainstay of the paper is formed by an analysis of the factors that influence the community use of mobile payment for e-Government services, the use of mobile payment for the exchange of government goods and services, the types of e-Government services for which mobile payment is suitable, and real and perceived risks associated with mobile financial services. This paper presents a theory of the level of consumer protection and especially the availability of online payment systems and mobile public economic services, and highlights the use of Internet technology to provide effective and efficient public services. We underline the need to configure citizen-centric government services, accessibility challenges associated with the use of mobile, and diverse and transient nature of mobile technology use.
Volume (Year): 15 (2013)
Issue (Month): 34 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://amfiteatrueconomic.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ion Petrescu & Vasile Dinu & Camelia Ştefănescu & Eugen Dobrescu, 2010. "Human Factor’s Involvement in the Consumer Protection Management," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(28), pages 267-286, June.
- Gheorghe Săvoiu & Constantin Manea & Victor Iorga – Simăn & Florentina Magda Enescu & Mladen Čudanov, 2011. "A Corporate Model of Similitude for SMEs Reunion into a Corporation, Viewed from the Angle of Physical Thought, and Its Complex Economic and Social Impact," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(29), pages 10-27, February.
- Mladen Čudanov & Gheorghe Săvoiu & Ondrej Jaško, 2012. "New Link in Bioinformatics Services Value Chain: Position, Organization and Business Model," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 680-697, November.
- Constantin Brătianu & Ivona Orzea & Ioan Ghişe, 2010. "Media Knowledge Consumers Protection," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(28), pages 287-296, June.
- Matthew B. Gross & Jeanne M. Hogarth & Maximilian D. Schmeiser, 2012. "Use of financial services by the unbanked and underbanked and the potential for mobile financial services adoption," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Sept.
- Carmen Balan & Mirela-Patricia Zegreanu, 2012. "Insights into the Development of the Market of Mobile Marketing Services in Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 786-801, November.
- Fumiko Hayashi, 2012. "Mobile payments: What’s in it for consumers?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 35-66.
- Hans Ruediger Kaufmann & Mohammad Fateh Ali Khan Panni & Yianna Orphanidou, 2012. "Factors Affecting Consumers’ Green Purchasing Behavior: An Integrated Conceptual Framework," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 50-69, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aes:amfeco:v:15:y:2013:i:34:p:369-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.