The Economics of Fair Trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Raynolds, Laura T., 2009. "Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1083-1093, June.
- Beuchelt, Tina D. & Zeller, Manfred, 2011. "Profits and poverty: Certification's troubled link for Nicaragua's organic and fairtrade coffee producers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1316-1324, May.
- repec:feb:natura:0061 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bacon, Christopher, 2005. "Confronting the Coffee Crisis: Can Fair Trade, Organic, and Specialty Coffees Reduce Small-Scale Farmer Vulnerability in Northern Nicaragua?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 497-511, March.
- Oeindrila Dube & Suresh Naidu, 2010.
"Bases, Bullets, and Ballots: The Effect of U.S. Military Aid on Political Conflict in Colombia,"
197, Center for Global Development.
- Oeindrila Dube & Suresh Naidu, 2014. "Bases, Bullets and Ballots: the Effect of U.S. Military Aid on Political Conflict in Colombia," NBER Working Papers 20213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chris Arnot & Peter C. Boxall & Sean B. Cash, 2006.
"Do Ethical Consumers Care About Price? A Revealed Preference Analysis of Fair Trade Coffee Purchases,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 555-565, December.
- Chris Arnot & Peter Boxall & Sean Cash, 2006. "Do ethical consumers care about price? A revealed preference analysis of fair trade coffee purchases," Natural Field Experiments 00221, The Field Experiments Website.
- Kadow, Alexander, 2011. "The Fair Trade movement: an economic perspective," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-10, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Weber, Jeremy G., 2011.
"How much more do growers receive for Fair Trade-organic coffee?,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 677-684, October.
- Weber, Jeremy G., 2011. "How much more do growers receive for Fair Trade-organic coffee?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 678-685.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox & Sandra Sequeira, 2015. "Consumer Demand for Fair Trade: Evidence from a Multistore Field Experiment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 242-256, May.
- Elder, Sara D. & Zerriffi, Hisham & Le Billon, Philippe, 2012. "Effects of Fair Trade Certification on Social Capital: The Case of Rwandan Coffee Producers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2355-2367.
- Arnould, Eric & Plastina, Alejandro & Ball, Dwayne, 2009. "Does Fair Trade Deliver on Its Core Value Proposition? Effects on Income, Educational Attainment, and Health in Three Countries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 39169, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin Crost & Joseph Felter & Patrick Johnston, 2014. "Aid under Fire: Development Projects and Civil Conflict," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(6), pages 1833-1856, June.
- Ruben, Ruerd & Fort, Ricardo, 2012. "The Impact of Fair Trade Certification for Coffee Farmers in Peru," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 570-582.
- Shareen Hertel & Lyle Scruggs & C. Patrick Heidkamp, 2007. "Human Rights and Public Opinion: From Attitudes to Action," Economic Rights Working Papers 3, University of Connecticut, Human Rights Institute, revised Apr 2008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Vassilopoulos, Achilleas & Lusk, Jayson L. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. Jr., 2015. "Reference dependence, consequentiality and social desirability in value elicitation: A study of fair labor labeling," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202705, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jana Friedrichsen & Dirk Engelmann, 2017.
"Who Cares about Social Image?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1634, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Engelmann, Dirk & Friedrichsen, Jana, 2018. "Who Cares About Social Image?," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 61, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Blackman, Allen, 2016. "Is Eco-Certification a Win–Win for Developing Country Agriculture? Organic Coffee Certification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 14-27.
- Jaime DE MELO & Marcelo OLARREAGA, 2017. "Trade Related Institutions and Development," Working Papers P199, FERDI.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:114-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jerome Ballet & Delphine Pouchain, 2018. "Fair Trade and the Fetishization of Levinasian Ethics," Cahiers du GREThA 2018-01, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Pio Baake & Helene Naegele, 2017. "Competition between For-Profit and Industry Labels: The Case of Social Labels in the Coffee Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1686, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1551-:d:146146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Vassilopoulos, Achilleas & Lusk, Jayson & Nayga, Rodolfo M., 2015. "Fair farming: Preferences for fair labor certification using four elicitation methods," MPRA Paper 62546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:195-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grazyna Smigielska & Anna Dabrowska & Malgorzata Radziukiewicz, 2015. "Fair Trade in Sustainable Development. The Potential for Fair Trade Market Growth in Poland," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(Special 9), pages 1244-1244, November.
- Felgendreher, Simon, 2018. "Do consumers choose to stay ignorant? The role of information in the purchase of ethically certified products," Working Papers in Economics 717, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2017.
"Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards,"
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 74-85.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards," Discussion Papers 253643, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Durevall, Dick, 2015.
"Are Fairtrade Prices Fair? An Analysis of the Distribution of Returns in the Swedish Coffee Market,"
HUI Working Papers
108, HUI Research.
- Durevall, Dick, 2015. "Are Fairtrade Prices Fair? An Analysis of the Distribution of Returns in the Swedish Coffee Market," Working Papers in Economics 615, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2017.
- Bennett, Elizabeth A., 2017. "Who Governs Socially-Oriented Voluntary Sustainability Standards? Not the Producers of Certified Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 53-69.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:72-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cai, Xiaoming, 2015. "Minimum prices in a model with search frictions and price posting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 61-64.
- Minten, Bart & Dereje, Mekdim & Engeda, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2014. "Who benefits from the rapidly increasing voluntary sustainability standards? Evidence from fairtrade and organic certified coffee in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Van Loo, Ellen J. & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Seo, Han-Seok & Zhang, Baoyue & Verbeke, Wim, 2015. "Sustainability labels on coffee: Consumer preferences, willingness-to-pay and visual attention to attributes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 215-225.
- Martha A. Starr, 2015. "The Economics of Ethical Consumption," Working Papers 2015-01, American University, Department of Economics.
- Sukhtankar, Sandip, 2016. "Does firm ownership structure matter? Evidence from sugar mills in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 46-62.
- Herrell, Kevin M. & Tewari, Rachna & Mehlhorn, Joey, 2017. "Honduran Coffee Trade: Economic Effects of Fair Trade Certification On Individual Producers," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252729, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:290-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krumbiegel, Katharina & Maertens, Miet & Wollni, Meike, 2018.
"The Role of Fairtrade Certification for Wages and Job Satisfaction of Plantation Workers,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 195-212.
- Krumbiegel, Katharina & Maertens, Miet & Wollni, Meike, 2016. "The role of Fairtrade certification for wages and job satisfaction of plantation workers," Discussion Papers 246408, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Vlaeminck, Pieter & Vranken, Liesbet & Van Den Broeck, Goedele & Vande Velde, Katrien & Raymaekers, Karen & Maertens, Miet, 2015. "Farmers’ preferences for Fair Trade contracting in Benin," Working Papers 225931, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
More about this item
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:28:y:2014:i:3:p:217-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.