The New Patent Intermediaries: Platforms, Defensive Aggregators, and Super-Aggregators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Josh Lerner & Marcin Strojwas & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"The design of patent pools: the determinants of licensing rules,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 610-625, September.
- Lerner, Josh & Strojwas, Marcin & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "The Design of Patent Pools: The Determinants of Licensing Rules," IDEI Working Papers 187, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Benjamin Chiao & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"The rules of standard-setting organizations: an empirical analysis,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 905-930, December.
- Benjamin Chiao & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2005. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiao, Benjamin & Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2007. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 6141, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiao, Benjamin & Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2006. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: an Empirical Analysis," IDEI Working Papers 388, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2002.
"When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 571-586, Winter.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2000. "When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?," NBER Working Papers 7851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & Scott Stern, 2010. "Is there a market for ideas?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 805-837, June.
- Layne-Farrar, Anne & Lerner, Josh, 2011. "To join or not to join: Examining patent pool participation and rent sharing rules," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 294-303, March.
- Catherine Tucker, 2012. "Patent Trolls and Technology Diffusion," NBER Chapters,in: Standards, Patents and Innovations National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Biglaiser, 1993. "Middlemen as Experts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(2), pages 212-223, Summer.
- James Bessen & Jennifer L. Ford & Michael J. Meurer, 2011. "The Private and Social Costs of Patent Trolls," Working Papers 1103, Research on Innovation.
- Lampe, Ryan & Moser, Petra, 2010. "Do Patent Pools Encourage Innovation? Evidence from the Nineteenth-Century Sewing Machine Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(04), pages 898-920, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jay Pil Choi & Heiko Gerlach, 2017. "A Theory of Patent Portfolios," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 315-351, February.
- Andreas Panagopoulos & Kyriakos Drivas, 2016. "Using the Patent Term Changes in Assessing the Evolution of Patent Valuation from Filing to Maturity," Working Papers 1608, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio Maria Manenti, 2015. "Intellectual Property and Innovation in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)," JRC Working Papers JRC97541, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Dietmar Harhoff & Georg von Graevenitz & Stefan Wagner, 2016.
"Conflict Resolution, Public Goods, and Patent Thickets,"
INFORMS, vol. 62(3), pages 704-721, March.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Georg von Graevenitz & Stefan Wagner, 2012. "Conflict resolution, public goods and patent thickets," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-12-04 (R1), ESMT European School of Management and Technology, revised 25 Mar 2013.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Georg von Graevenitz & Stefan Wagner, 2014. "Conflict Resolution, Public Goods and Patent Thickets," Working Papers 49, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & von Graevenitz, Georg & Wagner, Stefan, 2013. "Conflict Resolution, Public Goods and Patent Thickets," CEPR Discussion Papers 9468, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hagiu, Andrei & Wright, Julian, 2015. "Multi-sided platforms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 162-174.
- Dushnitsky, Gary & Klueter, Thomas, 2017. "Which industries are served by online marketplaces for technology?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 651-666.
- Belleflamme,Paul & Peitz,Martin, 2015. "Industrial Organization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107687899, March.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti & NIkolaus Thumm, 2017. "The Role of Patents in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). A survey of the Literature," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0212, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Alexandrov, Alexei & Pittman, Russell & Ukhaneva, Olga, 2017. "Royalty stacking in the U.S. freight railroads: Cournot vs. Coase," MPRA Paper 78249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosemarie Ziedonis & Carlos Serrano & Yael Hochberg, 2015. "Patent collateral, investor commitment, and the market for venture lending," 2015 Meeting Papers 1170, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Christian Le Bas & Julien Pénin, 2014. "Patents and innovation : Are the brakes broken, or how to restore patents’ dynamic efficiency ?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-02, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Caviggioli, Federico & Ughetto, Elisa, 2016. "Buyers in the patent auction market: Opening the black box of patent acquisitions by non-practicing entities," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 122-132.
- Haber, Stephen H. & Werfel, Seth H., 2016. "Patent trolls as financial intermediaries? Experimental evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 64-66.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Carlos J. Serrano & Rosemarie H. Ziedonis, 2014. "Patent Collateral, Investor Commitment, and the Market for Venture Lending," NBER Working Papers 20587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Angelini & Massimiliano Castellani, 2017. "Understanding the artwork pricing: some theoretical models," Working Paper series 17-25, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Mar 2018.
- Koutroumpis, Pantelis & Leiponen, Aija & Thomas, Llewellyn D W, 2017. "The (Unfulfilled) Potential of Data Marketplaces," ETLA Working Papers 53, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Sanderson, Susan Walsh & Simons, Kenneth L., 2014. "Light emitting diodes and the lighting revolution: The emergence of a solid-state lighting industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1730-1746.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Carlos J. Serrano & Rosemarie H. Ziedonis, 2014. "Patent collateral investor commitment and the market for venture lending," Economics Working Papers 1448, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Carlos Serrano & Rosemarie H. Ziedonis, 2014. "Patent Collateral, Investor Commitment, and the Market for Venture Lending," Working Papers 792, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gideon Markman & Peter Gianiodis & Andreas Panagopoulos, 2016. "Factor Market Rivalry and Inter Industry Competitive Dynamics," Working Papers 1611, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Carlos J. Serrano & Rosemarie H. Ziedonis, 2015. "Patent collateral, investor commitment and the market for venture lending," Working Papers 1519, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Kiebzak, Stephen & Rafert, Greg & Tucker, Catherine E., 2016. "The effect of patent litigation and patent assertion entities on entrepreneurial activity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 218-231.
- Giovanni Dosi & Joseph Stiglitz, 2013. "The Role of Intellectual Property Rights in the Development Process, with Some Lessons from Developed Countries: An Introduction," LEM Papers Series 2013/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
More about this item
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:27:y:2013:i:1:p:45-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.