Bargaining over Entry with a Compulsory License Deadline: Price Spillovers and Surplus Expansion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eric W Bond & Kamal Saggi, 2016. "Bargaining over entry with a compulsory license deadline: Price spillovers and surplus expansion," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 16-00009, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 97-109, January.
- Margaret K. Kyle, 2007. "Pharmaceutical Price Controls and Entry Strategies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 88-99, February.
- Roy, Santanu & Saggi, Kamal, 2012.
"Equilibrium parallel import policies and international market structure,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 262-276.
- Roy, Santanu & Saggi, Kamal, 2011. "Equilibrium parallel import policies and international market structure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5802, The World Bank.
- Kamal Saggi & Santanu Roy, 2011. "Equilibrium Parallel Import Policies and International Market Structure," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 1113, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Petra Moser & Alessandra Voena, 2012.
"Compulsory Licensing: Evidence from the Trading with the Enemy Act,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 396-427, February.
- Petra Moser & Alessandra Voena, 2009. "Compulsory Licensing - Evidence from the Trading with the Enemy Act," NBER Working Papers 15598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra Moser & Alessandra Voena, 2010. "Compulsory Licensing: Evidence from the Trading with the Enemy Act," Discussion Papers 09-026, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Y. Richard Wang & Liang Wang, 2005.
"The impact of price regulation on the launch delay of new drugs-evidence from twenty-five major markets in the 1990s,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 269-292.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Y. Richard Wang & Liang Wang, 2003. "The Impact of Price Regulation on the Launch Delay of New Drugs - Evidence from Twenty-Five Major Markets in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 9874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean O. Lanjouw, 2005.
"Patents, Price Controls and Access to New Drugs: How Policy Affects Global Market Entry,"
61, Center for Global Development.
- Jean O. Lanjouw, 2005. "Patents, Price Controls, and Access to New Drugs: How Policy Affects Global Market Entry," NBER Working Papers 11321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith E. Maskus, 2000. "Intellectual Property Rights in the Global Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 99.
- Ho, Cynthia, 2011. "Access to Medicine in the Global Economy: International Agreements on Patents and Related Rights," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195390124, June.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg, 2010. "Alfred Marshall Lecture Intellectual Property Rights Protection in Developing Countries: The Case of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(2-3), pages 326-353, 04-05.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004.
"Parallel imports and the pricing of pharmaceutical products: evidence from the European Union,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 1035-1057, September.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004. "Parallel Import and the Pricing of Pharmaceutical Products: Evidence from the European Union," Working Paper Series 622, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew J. Epstein, 2008. "Effects of Regulation on Drug Launch and Pricing in Interdependent Markets," NBER Working Papers 14041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. M. Scherer & Jayashree Watal, 2002. "Post-TRIPS Options for Access to Patented Medicines in Developing Nations," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 913-939, December.
- Pecorino, Paul, 2002. "Should the US allow prescription drug reimports from Canada?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 699-708, July.
- William Fuchs & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2013. "Bargaining with Deadlines and Private Information," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 219-243, November.
More about this item
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejmic:v:9:y:2017:i:1:p:31-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.