Racial Integration as an Innovation: Empirical Evidence from Sports Leagues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259 Elsevier.
- Clement, Robert C & McCormick, Robert E, 1989. "Coaching Team Production," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 287-304, April.
- Wright, Gavin, 1999. "The Civil Rights Revolution as Economic History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(02), pages 267-289, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Humphreys, Brad R., 2009. "Labor Market Discrimination and Capital Investment: The Effects of Fan Discrimination on Stadium Investment," IZA Discussion Papers 4551, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christopher Coyne & Justin Isaacs & Jeremy Schwartz, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and the taste for discrimination," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 609-627, August.
- Feng Li & Venky Nagar, 2013. "Diversity and Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(3), pages 529-544, September.
- Akihiko Kawaura & Sumner Croix, 2016.
"Integration Of North And South American Players In Japan'S Professional Baseball Leagues,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 1107-1130, August.
- Sumner LaCroix & Akihiko Kawaura, 2011. "Integration of North and South American Players in Japan's Professional Baseball Leagues," Working Papers 201114, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Martin Schmidt, 2009. "The nonlinear behavior of competition: the impact of talent compression on competition," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 57-74, January.
- Bryson, Alex & Chevalier, Arnaud, 2015. "Is there a taste for racial discrimination amongst employers?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 51-63.
- Kimberly Ellis & Phyllis Keys, 2015. "Workforce diversity and shareholder value: a multi-level perspective," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 191-212, February.
- Christopher Coyne & Justin Isaacs & Jeremy Schwartz & Anthony Carilli, 2007. "Put me in, Coach, I’m ready to play," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 20(4), pages 237-246, December.
- Sebastian Bervoets & Bruno Decreuse & Mathieu Faure, 2014.
"A Renewed Analysis of Cheating in Contests: Theory and Evidence from Recovery Doping,"
AMSE Working Papers
1441, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Jun 2015.
- Sebastian Bervoets & Bruno Decreuse & Mathieu Faure, 2015. "A Renewed Analysis of Cheating in Contests: Theory and Evidence from Recovery Doping," Working Papers halshs-01059600, HAL.
- Klaassen, F.J.G.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2006. "Are Economic Agents Successful Optimizers? An Analysis Through Strategy in Tennis," Discussion Paper 2006-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Aju Fenn & Peter Allmen & Stacey Brook & Thomas Preissing, 2005. "The Influence of Structural Changes and International Players on Competitive Balance in the NHL," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(2), pages 215-224, June.
- Rex J. Pjesky & Daniel Sutter, 2011. "Does the Lack of a Profit Motive Affect Hiring in Academe? Evidence from the Market for Lawyers," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(4), pages 1053-1084, October.
- Akihiko Kawaura & Sumner La Croix, 2011. "Integration of North and South American Players in Japan's Professional Baseball Leagues Teams in Japan’s two professional baseball leagues began to add foreign players to their rosters in the early 1," Working Papers 2011-14, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Hinrichs, Peter, 2014.
"An Empirical Analysis of Racial Segregation in Higher Education,"
1435, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Peter Hinrichs, 2015. "An Empirical Analysis of Racial Segregation in Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 21831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward López, 2010. "Who will deregulate the deregulators?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(3), pages 379-384, March.
- Avery, Derek R. & McKay, Patrick F. & Volpone, Sabrina D. & Malka, Ari, 2015. "Are companies beholden to bias? The impact of leader race on consumer purchasing behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 85-102.
- Meletakos, Panagiotis & Chatzicharistos, Dimitrios & Apostolidis, Nikolaos & Manasis, Vasilios & Bayios, Ioannis, 2016. "Foreign players and competitive balance in Greek basketball and handball championships," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 391-401.
- Klaassen, Franc J.G.M. & Magnus, Jan R., 2009. "The efficiency of top agents: An analysis through service strategy in tennis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 72-85, January.
- D Berri & R Simmons, 2007. "Race and the evaluation of signal callers in the national football league," Working Papers 591147, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Racial Integration as an Innovation: Empirical Evidence from Sports Leagues (AER 2002) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:92:y:2002:i:1:p:16-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.