Inferior Good and Giffen Behavior for Investing and Borrowing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Donald J. & Meyer, Jack, 2005. "Risk preferences in multi-period consumption models, the equity premium puzzle, and habit formation utility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1497-1515, November.
- Saku Aura & Peter Diamond & John Geanakoplos, 2002.
"Savings and Portfolio Choice in a Two-Period Two-Asset Model,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1185-1191, September.
- Saku Aura & Peter Diamond Author-X-Name-Peter & John Geanakoplos, "undated". "Savings and Portfolio Choice in a Two-Period Two-Asset Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1268, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yakar Kannai & Larry Selden, 2014. "Violation of the Law of Demand," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 55(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Lanier, Joshua, 2020. "Risk, ambiguity, and Giffen assets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- Felix Kubler & Larry Selden & Xiao Wei, 2014. "When Is a Risky Asset "Urgently Needed"?," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 131-162, May.
- Alexis Akira Toda & Kieran James Walsh, 2017. "Edgeworth box economies with multiple equilibria," Economic Theory Bulletin, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 5(1), pages 65-80, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Saku Aura, 2004.
"Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Considerations,"
0404011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saku Aura, 2004. "Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Consideration," CESifo Working Paper Series 1198, CESifo.
- Saku Aura, 2004. "Estate and Capital Gains Taxation: Efficiency and Political Economy Considerations," Working Papers 0408, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Dec 2004.
- Antoniadou, Elena & Mirman, Leonard J. & Santugini, Marc, 2016.
"The income effect under uncertainty: A Slutsky-like decomposition with risk aversion,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 169-178.
- Elena Antoniadou & Leonard J. Mirman & Marc Santugini, 2013. "The Income Effect under Uncertainty: a Slutsky-Like Decomposition with Risk Aversion," Cahiers de recherche 1306, CIRPEE.
- Liu, Desu, 2012. "Is relative risk aversion constant? A reinterpretation of recent asset allocation findings at the micro level," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 250-252.
- Maurice J. Roche, 2006.
"The equity premium puzzle and decreasing relative risk aversion,"
Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 179-182, May.
- M. J. Roche, 2005. "The equity premium puzzle and decreasing relative risk aversion," Economics Department Working Paper Series n1510205, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman & Scobie, Grant, 2015.
"Pensions, savings and housing: A life-cycle framework with policy simulations,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 346-357.
- John Creedy & Norman Gemmell & Grant Scobie, 2014. "Pensions, Savings and Housing: A Life-cycle Framework with Policy Simulations," Treasury Working Paper Series 14/14, New Zealand Treasury.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman & Scobie, Grant, 2015. "Pensions, Savings and Housing: A Life-cycle Framework with Policy Simulations," Working Paper Series 3763, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Smith, William T. & Zhang, Qiang, 2007.
"Asset pricing with multiplicative habit and power-expo preferences,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 319-325, March.
- William T. Smith & Qiang Zhang, 2006. "Asset Pricing With Multiplicative Habit and Power-Expo Preferences," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-429, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chaigneau, Pierre, 2013.
"Explaining the structure of CEO incentive pay with decreasing relative risk aversion,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 4-23.
- Pierre Chaigneau, 2011. "Explaining the Structure of CEO Incentive Pay with Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion," FMG Discussion Papers dp693, Financial Markets Group.
- Pierre Chaigneau, 2012. "Explaining the Structure of CEO Incentive Pay with Decreasing Relative Risk Aversion," Cahiers de recherche 1208, CIRPEE.
- Markus Knell, 2010.
"The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pension Systems When People Care About Relative Consumption,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(308), pages 710-733, October.
- Markus Knell, 2008. "The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pensions System When People Care About Relative Consumption," Working Papers 146, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Alpanda, Sami & Woglom, Geoffrey, 2007. "The Case Against Power Utility and a Suggested Alternative: Resurrecting Exponential Utility," MPRA Paper 5897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jack Meyer, 2010.
"Representing risk preferences in expected utility based decision models,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 176(1), pages 179-190, April.
- Meyer, Jack, 2007. "Representing Risk Preferences in Expected Utility Based Decision Models," SCC-76 Meeting, 2007, March 15-17, Gulf Shores, Alabama 9380, SCC-76: Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Angus Macdonald & Pradip Tapadar, 2010. "Multifactorial Genetic Disorders and Adverse Selection: Epidemiology Meets Economics," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(1), pages 155-182, March.
- D'Amato, Marcello & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2002. "Aggregate Risk, Political Constraints and Social Security Design," CEPR Discussion Papers 3330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Liu, Cong & Zheng, Harry, 2016. "Asymptotic analysis for target asset portfolio allocation with small transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 59-68.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:146:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Menezes, Carmen F. & Henry Wang, X. & Bigelow, John P., 2005. "Duality and consumption decisions under income and price risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 387-405, April.
- Post, Thomas & Hanewald, Katja, 2013.
"Longevity risk, subjective survival expectations, and individual saving behavior,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 200-220.
- Thomas Post & Katja Hanewald, 2011. "Longevity Risk, Subjective Survival Expectations, and Individual Saving Behavior," Working Papers 201111, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Kazuyuki Sasakura, 2019. "Calculating a Giffen Good," Working Papers 1908, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Peter Siminski, 2009. "A Welfare Analysis of the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(269), pages 164-180, June.
- William T. Smith & Qiang Zhang, 2006. "Asset Pricing With Multiplicative Habit and Power-Expo Preferences (Subsequently published in "Economics Letters", 2007, 94(3), 319-325. )," CARF F-Series CARF-F-070, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- AJ A. Bostian & Christoph Heinzel, 2016. "Consumption Smoothing and Precautionary Saving under Recursive Preferences," FOODSECURE Working papers 44, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Conniffe, Denis, 2008.
"Generalised Means of Simple Utility Functions with Risk Aversion,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 39(1), pages 1-12.
- Denis Conniffe, 2007. "Generalised Means of Simple Utility Functions with Risk Aversion," Economics Department Working Paper Series n1790907.pdf, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
More about this item
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:103:y:2013:i:2:p:1034-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.