Evaluation and Program Planning
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/evalprogplan
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:epplan
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1981, Volume 4, Issue 3-4
- 335-344 An evaluation of the nutrition education and training program : Findings from Nebraska
by St. Pierre, Robert G. & Cook, Thomas D. & Straw, Roger B.
- 345-353 The process and results of an evaluation of a nurse-managed, family-oriented health care center
by Woog, Pierre & Kos, Barbara A. & Hyman, Ruth Bernstein
- 355-361 Positive events and quality of life
by Zautra, Alex J. & Reich, John W.
- 363-375 On defining at-risk status
by Stacy, E. Webb
- 377-383 An evaluation model for school psychological services
by Mowder, Barbara A. & Prasse, David P.
- 385-396 Evaluation of diagnostic procedures , : A review of the issues
by Thompson, Mark S. & Cohen, Alan B. & Fortess, Eric E.
1981, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 113-122 The use of metaevaluation to plan evaluations of conservation programs
by Soderstrom, Jon & Berry, Linda & Hirst, Eric
- 123-130 Quality of life assessment and drug abuse treatment program evaluation
by Irwin, P. H.
- 131-138 A remedial strategy for data analysis
by Ross, John A.
- 139-150 Artifact in client satisfaction assessment : Experience in community mental health settings
by LeVois, Maurice & Nguyen, Tuan D. & Attkisson, C. Clifford
- 151-161 Applicability of multiple matrix sampling to estimating effectiveness of educational programs
by Shoemaker, David M. & Shoemaker, Judith Sauls
- 163-168 Alcohol abuse on a college campus : A needs assessment
by Walfish, Steven & Wentz, Douglas & Benzing, Peggy & Brennan, Fran & Champ, Steven
- 169-172 Accountability to whom?
by Tuchfeld, Barry S.
- 173-176 Purchasing and selling evaluation : A contract negotiation process
by Sieber, Joan E.
- 177-183 Classic 1960s articles in educational evaluation
by Smith, Nick L.
- 185-193 The impact of density in a juvenile correctional institution : Research, recommendations, and policy implications
by Ray, Darrel W. & Wandersman, Abraham
1981, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-370 Foreword
by Kamis-Gould, Edna & Piasecki, Joseph R.
- 3-14 Social area analysis in program evaluation and planning
by Piasecki, Joseph R. & Kamis-Gould, Edna
- 15-22 Marital status and psychological well-being : An individual-environment congruence perspective
by Kamis-Gould, Edna & McGurrin, Martin C. & Mazel, Joseph
- 23-28 Handling problems of ecological fallacy in program planning and evaluation
by Milcarek, Barry I. & Link, Bruce G.
- 29-34 Horizontal synthetic estimation : A strategy for estimating small area health related characteristics
by Holzer, Charles & Jackson, David J. & Tweed, Dan
- 35-42 Behavioral epidemiology and social area analysis : The study of blackout looting
by Muhlin, Gregory L. & Cohen, Patricia & Struening, Elmer L. & Genevie, Louis E. & Kaplan, Seymour R. & Peck, Harris B.
- 43-56 Demographic and health-related predictors of the incidence of sudden infant death
by Fulcomer, Mark C. & Pellegrini, Stephen G. & Lefebvre, Leo C.
- 57-73 The health demographic profile system : Current and longitudinal data base for social area analysis
by Rosen, Beatrice M. & Goldsmith, Harold F.
- 75-81 On correlating individual census tract social indicators with rarely occurring morbidity or mortality rates
by Goodman, Ann B. & Lin, Shang P.
- 83-94 Small area indicators and social change
by Lee, Anne S. & Goldsmith, Harold F.
- 95-105 Community dissatisfaction and depressed mood in Suburbia
by Goldsmith, Harold F. & Jackson, David J.
1980, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 219-228 Making methods choices
by Patton, Michael Quinn & Patton, Michael Quinn
- 229-236 "Paradigms lost": Some thoughts on choosing methods in evaluation research
by Reichardt, Charles S. & Cook, Thomas D.
- 237-243 Playing games about teenage pregnancy
by Philliber, Susan Gustavus & Gutterman, Elane M.
- 245-250 Community psychology for the 1980s and beyond
by Fairweather, George W.
- 251-255 The feasibility and desirability of experimental methods in evaluation
by Smith, Nick L.
- 257-268 Global scales : Strengths, uses and problems of global scales as an evaluation instrument
by Newman, Frederick L. & Newman, Frederick L.
- 269-276 Avoiding type III error in program evaluation : Results from a field experiment
by Dobson, Douglas & Cook, Thomas J.
- 277-287 Competency-based program evaluation: A contingency approach
by Ingle, Marcus D. & Klauss, Rudi
- 289-296 A survey of mental health district structure and effectiveness
by Klopper, Frederick J. & Speer, David C.
1980, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 159-164 Evaluating the impact of utility company billing plans on residential energy consumption
by Becker, Lawrence J. & Rabinowitz, Vita C. & Seligman, Clive
- 165-170 Social policy evaluation: An example from drinking age legislation
by Begun, Audrey L.
- 171-173 The examined life: Evaluation as a self-renewing profession
by Datta, Lois-Ellin
- 175-183 Problem characteristics, decision processes and evaluation activity: A preliminary study of mental health center directors
by Cox, Gary B. & Osborne, Phillip S.
- 185-190 Metaphysics and professional resistance to program evaluation
by Kilburg, Richard
- 191-194 Leverage and evaluation: Beating plowshares into swords
by Neigher, William D.
- 195-196 Is regulatory evaluation the answer?
by Kingsbury, Nancy R.
- 197-209 The use of evaluation models for decision making : Application to the community anti-crime program
by Snapper, Kurt J. & Seaver, David A.
1980, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 83-89 Leverage and evaluation effectiveness
by Caro, Francis G.
- 91-94 Whether evaluation -- whether utilization
by Deniston, O. Lynn
- 95-103 Systems engineering: A problem-solving approach to improving program performance
by Gooding, Richard Z.
- 105-109 Mental health needs assessment of children and adolescents
by Gully, Kevin J.
- 111-117 Putting schools as socio/economic institutions back into educational evaluation: A response to Kean and McNamara
by Apple, Michael W.
- 119-129 Evaluating a private foundation's health program
by Aiken, Linda H. & Blendon, Robert J. & Rogers, David E. & Freeman, Howard E.
- 131-140 A user-focused model for the utilization of evaluation
by Connolly, Terry & Porter, Alan L.
- 141-143 Quality of life indicators and program evaluation
by Withey, Stephen B.
1980, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-14 Controlling health care costs: An evaluation of strategies
by Raskin, Ira E. & Coffey, Rosanna M. & Farley, Pamela J.
- 15-23 Network analysis in evaluation: Some words of caution
by Engelberg, Sydney
- 25-33 Information resources for program evaluators
by Backer, Thomas E. & Attkisson, C. Clifford & Barry, John R. & Brock, Timothy C. & Davis, Howard R. & Kiresuk, Thomas J. & Kirkhart, Karen E. & Perloff, Robert & Windle, Charles
- 35-43 Performance measurement: Some conceptual issues
by Connolly, Terry & Deutsch, Stuart Jay
- 45-52 Consumer evaluation of community treatment
by Kloss, James D. & Sherry, Dennis J. & Crozat, Pamela & Karan, Joan
- 53-55 Evaluation in the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare
by Solomon, Marian A.
- 57-58 Cost-benefit analysis and other promising utensils
by Barkdoll, Gerald L.
1979, Volume 2, Issue 4
- 255-262 The next decade in evaluation research
by Freeman, Howard E. & Solomon, Marian A.
- 263-267 Synthesizing the interests of consumers, citizens, and administrators in gathering client feedback
by Kaufmann, S. Joel & Sorensen, James L. & Raeburn, Susan
- 269-275 The optimal treatment approach to needs assessment
by Cox, Gary B. & Carmichael, Stephen J. & Dightman, Cameron R.
- 277-278 The seduction of correlational data
by Cochran, Nancy
- 279-283 The GOAT effects impact upon educational R and D
by Kean, Michael H. & Mcnamara, Thomas C.
- 285-295 Complexity of process and role in the evaluation of an interdisciplinary mental health education program: The deacon's masterpiece
by Satin, David George & Saxe, Leonard
- 297-302 Post-evaluation determination of a program's generalizability
by Smith, Nick L. & Caulley, Darrel N.
1979, Volume 2, Issue 3
- 193-196 Developmental trends in program evaluation
by Windle, Charles
- 197-207 Assessment of client/patient satisfaction: Development of a general scale
by Larsen, Daniel L. & Attkisson, C. Clifford & Hargreaves, William A. & Nguyen, Tuan D.
- 209-217 Evaluation research in social work
by Reid, William J.
- 219-222 Post hoc procedures for planning and evaluation
by Fernandez, Don
- 223-228 Bringing funding sources and applicants together in policy evaluation research
by Nagel, Stuart & Neef, Marian
- 229-230 The evaluation of physician competency: A reply to tremblay
by Brockway, Barbara Stephens
- 231-234 The development of evaluation as a concession
by Wiener, Arthur
- 235-243 Case management: Lessons from earlier efforts
by Levine, Murray
1979, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 103-109 Professionalization of evaluative research: Conflict as a sign of health
by Conner, Ross F. & Dickman, Frances Baker
- 111-115 The triple-threat evaluator
by Tornatzky, Louis G.
- 117-118 The evaluation of physician competency: A reply to brockway
by Trembaly, Jacqes & de Pharmacie, Ecole
- 119-126 Techniques for the analysis of geographic data in evaluation
by Smith, Nick L.
- 127-136 Evaluating and improving prevention programs: A strategy from drug abuse
by Bry, Brenna H. & George, Frances E.
- 137-142 Harnessing the reliability of outcome measures
by Green, Rex S. & Nguyen, Tuan D. & Attiksson, C. Clifford
- 143-152 A case study in defining developmental costs for quality assurance in mental health center programs
by Seidenberg, Gordon R. & Johnson, Frances S.
- 153-157 "Dirty" research in "real" places: A practitioner's guide to program evaluation in the human services
by Hersey, James C.
- 159-171 Ethnic and class factors affecting mental health clinic service
by Goodman, Ann B. & Hoffer, Alexander
- 173-177 Evaluating sociodemographic data: Implications for program planning and development
by Hermalin, Jared
- 184-188 Survival strategies for evaluators: The importance of linkage, visibility and power
by Kilburg, Richard R.
1979, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-4 On the limiting properties of social indicators
by Cochran, Nancy
- 5-6 On the wide open options for social indicators
by Withey, Stephen B.
- 7-12 A witness for the defense of need assessment
by Kamis, Edna
- 13-16 Critical appraisal of social indicators
by Sieber, Joan E.
- 17-24 Measuring corporate social performance: The problem of values
by Wokutch, Richard E.
- 25-31 Differential validity: Another threat to compensatory education evaluations
by Heath, Linda
- 33-40 A model for a comparative cost-effectiveness evaluation of two mental health partial care programs
by Luft, Lorraine L. & Fakhouri, Joseph
- 41-48 The evaluation of treatment in therapeutic communities: Problems of design and implementation
by Berg, William E.
- 49-57 New ways of looking at management information systems in human service delivery
by Cohen, Stanley H. & Noah, James C. & Pauley, Ann
- 59-65 The application of PERT in evaluation of human service programs
by Klosterman, Donald F.
- 67-90 Assessing the impact of planned social change
by Campbell, Donald T.
1978, Volume 1, Issue 4
- 259-264 Social policy planning in a federal structure: A social learning strategy
by Johnson, Ronald W.
- 265-272 The development and field testing of a vocational education evaluation model
by Ory, John C. & Harris, Zelema & Dueitt, Sue B. & Clark, Donald L.
- 273-283 The dangers of political naivete and excessive complexity in evaluating delinquency prevention programs
by Hackler, James C.
- 285-292 Consumer survey as needs assessment method: A case study
by Kilburg, Richard
- 293-296 Experimental evaluation of a humanities program
by Evans, Richard M.
- 297-308 Computer simulation of adult sentencing proposals
by Cox, Gary B. & Harrison, Philip & Dightman, Cameron R.
- 309-318 Making a case for an interface between quasi-experimental designs and social impact analyses
by Dintzer, Leonard & Soderstrom, E. Jonathan
1978, Volume 1, Issue 3
- 177-186 Adapting the jury trial for program evaluation: A report of an experience
by Levine, Murray & Brown, Eileen & Fitzgerald, Catherine & Goplerud, Eric & Gordon, Myra E. & Jayne-Lazarus, Cynthia & Rosenberg, Norman & Slater, Judith
- 187-193 Toward overcoming problems in evaluation research: A beginning perspective on power
by Ostrander, Susan A. & Goldstein, Paul & Hull, Donald
- 195-202 Pre- and post-planned evaluation: Which is preferable?
by Strasser, Stephen & Deniston, O. Lynn
- 203-205 A systems perspective on pre- and post-planned evaluation
by Schulberg, Herbert C.
- 207-208 How relevant is linear, dichotomous reasoning to ongoing program evaluation?
by Nguyen, Tuan D.
- 209-210 Pre- and post-planned evaluations are complements not alternatives: A reply to Strasser and Deniston
by Apsler, Robert
- 211-220 Evaluating physician competency: What difference does it make?
by Brockway, Barbara Stephens
- 221-228 Simulation as a method for teaching program evaluation
by Willer, Barry S. & Bartlett, Donald P. & Northman, John E.
- 229-234 Experimental and contextual models of program evaluation
by Britan, Gerald M.
- 235-238 Comparative influence of political, cost/benefit, and statistical information on administrative decision making
by Lorenzen, Gary L. & Braskamp, Larry A.
- 239-247 A critique of social indicators analysis and key informants surveys as needs assessment methods
by Warheit, George J. & Buhl, Joanne M. & Bell, Roger A.
1978, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 97-107 Ethical problems in program evaluation: Advice for trapped evaluators
by Windle, Charles & Neigher, William
- 109-112 Trapped bedfellows: A comment on windle and neigher
by Molner, Stanley F.
- 113-115 The evaluation profession in pursuit of value
by Sheinfeld, Sherri Nita
- 117-120 Ethical problems in program evaluation: Roles, not models
by Sieber, Joan E. & Sanders, Nancy
- 121-128 A model for identifying the potential clientele for substance abuse programs
by Froland, Charles & Brodsky, Gerry
- 129-133 Organizing evaluation to serve the needs of program planners and managers
by Bunker, Douglas R.
- 135-139 Models and procedures for evaluating government provided leisure services
by Mclean, Christine
- 141-144 An evaluator of the future
by Hargreaves, William & Attkisson, C. Clifford
- 145-144 Critique of "an evaluator of the future"
by Barber, Larry W.
- 147-144 Beyond acceptance and technology
by Edelman, Barbara
- 149-150 The future evaluator: A renaissance person with a humanitarian approach to social change
by Fergus, Esther Onaga
- 151-157 Protecting privacy and confidentiality in a multiple use, multiple user mental health information system
by Bank, Rheta & Laska, Eugene M.
- 159-160 Influence of social services on well-being among the aged
by Cotter, Patrick & Davidson, William B.
- 161-162 The gradual refinement approach to large scale compensatory education programs
by Kean, Michael H. & McNamara, Thomas C.
1978, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-10 Evaluation: Manifestations of a new field
by Flaherty, Eugenie Walsh & Morell, Jonathan A.
- 11-17 The development of evaluation as a profession: Current status and some predictions
by Morell, Jonathan A. & Flaherty, Eugenie Walsh
- 19-30 Program analysis using the client oriented cost outcome system
by Newman, Frederick L. & Burwell, Barbara A. & Underhill, William R.
- 31-40 Mental health program evaluation: Where you start?
by Lund, Donald A.
- 41-49 The goal-oriented approach to evaluation: Critique and case study from drug abuse treatment
by Marsh, JeanneC.
- 51-63 Differences in white-nonwhite community mental health center service utilization patterns
by B. Goodman, Ann & Siegel, Carole
- 65-78 Applications of social area analysis to program planning and evaluation
by Kay, F. DeWitt
- 79-81 The impact of P.L. 93-641, The National Health Planning and Resources Development Act, upon health and mental health programming
by Hapenney, Sandra
- 83-84 Effects of a compensatory mathematics program on a group of prison inmates
by Smith, Fred & Adams, Sam & Roundtree, George
- 85-84 The feasibility of experimental evaluation of postdoctoral training
by Gaynor, Jessica & Hargreaves, William A.