Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: P.K. Thornton
Editor: P.B.M. Berentsen
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:agisys
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2004, Volume 82, Issue 2
- 139-160 An LP-model to analyse economic and ecological sustainability on Dutch dairy farms: model presentation and application for experimental farm "de Marke"
by van Calker, K. J. & Berentsen, P. B. M. & de Boer, I. M. J. & Giesen, G. W. J. & Huirne, R. B. M.
- 161-180 Use of seasonal forecasts of sea surface temperature anomalies for potato fertilization management. Theoretical study considering EPIC model results at Valdivia, Chile
by Meza, Francisco J. & Wilks, Daniel S.
- 181-194 An empirical model for quantification of symbiotic nitrogen fixation in grass-clover mixtures
by Hogh-Jensen, Henning & Loges, Ralf & Jorgensen, Finn V. & Vinther, Finn P. & Jensen, Erik S.
- 195-196 Handbook of processes and modeling in the soil-plant system
by Gabrielle, Benoit
2004, Volume 82, Issue 1
- 1-16 Row configuration in rainfed cotton systems: modification of the OZCOT simulation model
by Milroy, S. P. & Bange, M. P. & Hearn, A. B.
- 17-30 Analysing farming systems with Data Envelopment Analysis: citrus farming in Spain
by Reig-Martinez, Ernest & Picazo-Tadeo, Andres J.
- 31-43 Evaluation of land distributions with joint regard to plot size and shape
by Gonzalez, X. P. & Alvarez, C. J. & Crecente, R.
- 45-56 Maize yield potential: critical processes and simulation modeling in a high-yielding environment
by Kiniry, James R. & Bean, Brent & Xie, Yun & Chen, Pei-yu
- 57-91 How the uncertain outcomes associated with aquatic and land resource use affect livelihood strategies in coastal communities in the Central Moluccas, Indonesia
by van Oostenbrugge, J. A. E. & van Densen, W. L. T. & Machiels, M. A. M.
- 93-94 Plant growth modeling and applications
by Wilkerson, Gail G.
- 94-96 Effects of Climate Change and Variability on Agricultural Production Systems: Otto C. Doering, III, J.C. Randolph, Jane Southworth, Rebecca A. Pfeifer (Eds.); Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands, 2002, 304 pages, hardback, ISBN 1-4020-7028-4 (US$ 85)
by Baker, J. T.
- 96-97 Multiple criteria analysis for agricultural decisions, second edition
by Mullen, Jeffrey D.
2004, Volume 81, Issue 3
- 185-199 Exploring the potential for silvopasture adoption in south-central Florida: an application of SWOT-AHP method
by Shrestha, Ram K. & Alavalapati, Janaki R. R. & Kalmbacher, Robert S.
- 201-212 Wireless technology and satellite internet access for high-speed whole farm connectivity in precision agriculture
by McKinion, J. M. & Turner, S. B. & Willers, J. L. & Read, J. J. & Jenkins, J. N. & McDade, John
- 213-226 Transferability issues of soybean research: a regional example
by Popp, Michael P. & Dillon, Carl R. & Popp, Jennie S.
- 227-253 The costs of soil carbon sequestration: an economic analysis for small-scale farming systems in Senegal
by Tschakert, Petra
- 255-272 Participatory assessment of rural livelihoods in the Central Highlands of Vietnam
by Cramb, R. A. & Purcell, T. & Ho, T. C. S.
- 273-274 Mathematical modeling for system analysis in agricultural research: Karel D. Vohnout, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2003, 452 pp. Price US$149 (hardback). ISBN: 0-444-51268-3
by Ma, Liwang & Ahuja, Lajpat R.
- 274-275 Sustainable agriculture in Central and Eastern European countries - the environmental effects of transition and needs for change: F.W. Gatzweiler, R. Judis, K. Hagedorn (Eds.), Shaker Verlag, Aachen, Germany, 2002, 376 pp. Price: 28.00 (softback), ISBN 3-8322-0366-4
by Kuchenbuch, Rolf O.
2004, Volume 81, Issue 2
- 95-114 Factors affecting adoption of dual-purpose forages in the Philippine uplands
by Lapar, Ma. Lucila A. & Ehui, Simeon K.
- 115-131 Structural econometric modelling in Australia's livestock production and marketing systems: the potential benefits of model integration for industry analysis
by Vere, D. T. & Griffith, G. R.
- 133-152 Derivation of steady state herd productivity using stage-structured population models and mathematical programming
by Hary, I.
- 153-175 Assessing the effect of controlled seasonal breeding on steady-state productivity of pastoral goat herds in northern Kenya
by Hary, I.
- 177-178 Agriculture: the potential consequences of climate variability and change for the United States
by Raja Reddy, K.
- 179-180 Improving the productivity and sustainability of rice-wheat systems: issues and impacts: J.K. Ladha, J.E. Hill, R.J. Buresh, J.M.Duxbury and R.K. Gupta (Eds). ASA Special Publication Number 65, American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wisconsin, USA, 2003, pp. 231. Price: $36.00 (softcover). ISBN 0-89118-150-4
by Aggarwal, Pramod K.
- 180-181 Innovation in natural resource management: the role of property rights and collective action in developing countries
by Moser, Christine
- 182-184 Wheel-Barrows Full of Frogs: Social Learning in Rural Resource Management: Cees Leeuwis, Rhiannon Pyburn (Eds.); Koninklijke Van Gorcum, Assen, The Netherlands, 2002, 479 pages, paperback, ISBN 90-232-3850-8 ($40)
by Roncoli, M. Carla
2004, Volume 81, Issue 1
- 1-15 A mechanistic dynamic model to estimate beef cattle growth and body composition: 1. Model description
by Hoch, Thierry & Agabriel, Jacques
- 17-35 A mechanistic dynamic model to estimate beef cattle growth and body composition: 2. Model evaluation
by Hoch, Thierry & Agabriel, Jacques
- 37-54 Epidemiological and economic modelling of classical swine fever: application to the 1997/1998 Dutch epidemic
by Mangen, M. -J. J. & Burrell, A. M. & Mourits, M. C. M.
- 55-72 A stochastic model for crop variety selection
by Detlefsen, Nina K. & Jensen, Allan Leck
- 73-93 Improving yields and reducing risks in pearl millet farming in the African Sahel
by de Rouw, Anneke
2004, Volume 80, Issue 3
- 213-233 A risk efficiency analysis of backgrounding and finishing steers on pasture in Saskatchewan, Canada
by Perillat, B. J. & Brown, W. J. & Cohen, R. D. H.
- 235-253 A hierarchical partitioning method for optimizing irrigation strategies
by Bergez, J. -E. & Garcia, F. & Lapasse, L.
- 255-275 Suitability of Multi-Agent Simulations to study irrigated system viability: application to case studies in the Senegal River Valley
by Barreteau, O. & Bousquet, F. & Millier, C. & Weber, J.
- 277-302 Systematic design and evaluation of crop rotations enhancing soil conservation, soil fertility and farm income: a case study for vegetable farms in South Uruguay
by Dogliotti, S. & Rossing, W. A. H. & van Ittersum, M. K.
- 303-305 Crop-soil Simulation Models: Applications in Developing Countries
by Singh, Piara
- 305-306 Sustainable food and agriculture
by Poudel, Durga D.
2004, Volume 80, Issue 2
- 109-131 Revisiting a `cure against land hunger': soil fertility management and farming systems dynamics in the West African Sahel
by de Ridder, Nico & Breman, Henk & van Keulen, Herman & Stomph, Tjeerd Jan
- 133-149 Classification trees versus multinomial models in the analysis of urban farming systems in Central Africa
by Speybroeck, N. & Berkvens, D. & Mfoukou-Ntsakala, A. & Aerts, M. & Hens, N. & Van Huylenbroeck, G. & Thys, E.
- 151-170 Eucalyptus-wheat interaction on Ethiopian Nitosols
by Kidanu, Selamyihun & Mamo, Tekalign & Stroosnijder, Leo
- 171-197 The EU's Agenda 2000 reform and the sustainability of organic farming in Tuscany: ecological-economic modelling at field and farm level
by Pacini, Cesare & Giesen, Gerard & Wossink, Ada & Omodei-Zorini, Luigi & Huirne, Ruud
- 199-211 The technology acceptance model and use of technology in New Zealand dairy farming
by Flett, Ross & Alpass, Fiona & Humphries, Steve & Massey, Claire & Morriss, Stuart & Long, Nigel
2004, Volume 80, Issue 1
- 1-21 Entrepreneurial behaviour of dutch dairy farmers under a milk quota system: goals, objectives and attitudes
by Bergevoet, R. H. M. & Ondersteijn, C. J. M. & Saatkamp, H. W. & van Woerkum, C. M. J. & Huirne, R. B. M.
- 23-42 Simulating management strategies: the rotational grazing example
by Cros, M. J. & Duru, M. & Garcia, F. & Martin-Clouaire, R.
- 43-66 The tradeoff analysis model: integrated bio-physical and economic modeling of agricultural production systems
by Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M. & Crissman, C. C. & Bowen, W.
- 67-83 Predicting nutritional requirements and lactation performance of dual-purpose cows using a dynamic model
by Reynoso-Campos, O. & Fox, D. G. & Blake, R. W. & Barry, M. C. & Tedeschi, L. O. & Nicholson, C. F. & Kaiser, H. M. & Oltenacu, P. A.
- 85-103 Optimisation of field machinery for an arable farm converting to organic farming
by Gunnarsson, Carina & Hansson, Per-Anders
- 105-103 Trees, crops and soil fertility
by Harrison, Rob B.
- 106-107 Climate change and global crop productivity
by White, Jeffrey W.
2004, Volume 79, Issue 3
- 261-281 A critical assessment of the system of rice intensification (SRI)
by Dobermann, A.
- 283-303 The efficacy of controlling phosphorus loading: the case of management-intensive grazing
by Winsten, Jonathan R. & Stokes, Jeffrey R.
- 305-325 RIM: a bioeconomic model for integrated weed management of Lolium rigidum in Western Australia
by Pannell, David J. & Stewart, Vanessa & Bennett, Anne & Monjardino, Marta & Schmidt, Carmel & Powles, Stephen B.
- 327-351 Sustainability of ecological and conventional agricultural systems in Bangladesh: an assessment based on environmental, economic and social perspectives
by Rasul, Golam & Thapa, Gopal B.
- 353-367 Investigating technical efficiency and potential technological change in Dutch pig farming
by Lansink, Alfons Oude & Reinhard, Stijn
- 369-370 Physical Methods in Agriculture: Approaches to Precision and Quality: J. Blahovec and M. Kutilek; Kluwer Academic Publishers, New York, 2002, 454 pages, hardback, ISBN 0-306-47430-1, [euro]205 (US$195)
by Tollner, Ernest W.
2004, Volume 79, Issue 2
- 131-144 Who is using the new technology? The association of wealth status and gender with the planting of improved tree fallows in Eastern Province, Zambia
by Phiri, Donald & Franzel, Steven & Mafongoya, Paramu & Jere, Isaac & Katanga, Roza & Phiri, Stanslous
- 145-170 A scenario exploration of strategic land use options for the Loess Plateau in northern China
by Lu, C. H. & van Ittersum, M. K. & Rabbinge, R.
- 171-204 A decision support system to improve individual cattle management. 1. A mechanistic, dynamic model for animal growth
by Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo & Fox, Danny G. & Guiroy, Pablo J.
- 205-223 Facilitated learning in soil fertility management: assessing potentials of low-external-input technologies in east African farming systems
by de Jager, A. & Onduru, D. & Walaga, C.
- 225-241 Agroecosystem sustainability: a system simulation model approach
by Belcher, K. W. & Boehm, M. M. & Fulton, M. E.
- 243-255 High temperature index--for field evaluation of heat tolerance in wheat varieties
by Rane, Jagadish & Nagarajan, Shantha
- 257-258 Agronomic Handbook: Management of Crops, Soils, and their Fertility: J.B. Jones, Jr.; CRC, Boca Raton, 2003, 450 pages, hardback, ISBN 0-8493-0897-6, US$99.95
by Ransom, Joel K.
2004, Volume 79, Issue 1
- 3-15 Uptake pathways: the potential of Bayesian belief networks to assist the management, monitoring and evaluation of development-orientated research
by Henderson, J. S. & Burn, R. W.
- 17-30 Assessing the performance of a nucleus estate and smallholder scheme for oil palm production in West Sumatra: a stochastic frontier analysis
by Hasnah & Fleming, Euan & Coelli, Tim
- 31-54 Learning from failure: smallholder farming systems and IPM in Malawi
by Orr, Alastair & Ritchie, J. Mark
- 55-81 Spatial carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus budget of a village in the West African savanna--I. Element pools and structure of a mixed-farming system
by Manlay, Raphael J. & Ickowicz, Alexandre & Masse, Dominique & Floret, Christian & Richard, Didier & Feller, Christian
- 83-107 Spatial carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus budget in a village of the West African savanna--II. Element flows and functioning of a mixed-farming system
by Manlay, Raphael J. & Ickowicz, Alexandre & Masse, Dominique & Feller, Christian & Richard, Didier
- 109-129 Analysis of field machinery performance based on daily soil workability status using discrete event simulation or on average workday probability
by de Toro, A. & Hansson, P. -A.
2003, Volume 78, Issue 3
- 337-353 Dry mass production and leaf area development of field-grown ornamental conifers: measurements and simulation
by Pronk, A. A. & Heuvelink, E. & Challa, H.
- 355-367 Simulation of winter wheat yield and water use efficiency in the Loess Plateau of China using WAVES
by Kang, Shaozhong & Zhang, Lu & Liang, Yinli & Dawes, Warrick
- 369-386 The impacts of greenhouse gas abatement policies on the predominantly grazing systems of south-western Australia
by Petersen, Elizabeth & Schilizzi, Steven & Bennett, David
- 387-403 Assessing the technical efficiency of horticultural production in Navarra, Spain
by Iraizoz, Belen & Rapun, Manuel & Zabaleta, Idoia
- 405-423 Economic assessment of technological change and land degradation in agriculture: application to the Sri Lanka tea sector
by Jayasuriya, Rohan T.
- 425-434 The effects of scale on crop yield variability
by Gorski, T. & Gorska, K.
2003, Volume 78, Issue 2
- 119-121 Preface
by Chambers, Robert
- 123-125 Foreword
by Matlon, Peter J.
- 127-142 Using evaluation to enhance institutional learning and change: recent experiences with agricultural research and development
by Horton, Douglas & Mackay, Ronald
- 143-165 Expanding the use of impact assessment and evaluation in agricultural research and development
by Mackay, Ronald & Horton, Douglas
- 166-184 Why impact analysis should not be used for research evaluation and what the alternatives are
by Ekboir, Javier
- 185-211 Disciplines, institutions and organizations: impact assessments in context
by Raina, Rajeswari S.
- 213-241 From measuring impact to learning institutional lessons: an innovation systems perspective on improving the management of international agricultural research
by Hall, Andrew & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Clark, Norman & Yoganand, B.
- 243-265 Impact pathway evaluation: an approach for achieving and attributing impact in complex systems
by Douthwaite, Boru & Kuby, Thomas & van de Fliert, Elske & Schulz, Steffen
- 267-285 Impact pathway analysis: an approach to strengthening the impact orientation of agricultural research
by Springer-Heinze, Andreas & Hartwich, Frank & Henderson, J. Simon & Horton, Douglas & Minde, Isaac
- 287-306 Measuring the impact of user participation in agricultural and natural resource management research
by Johnson, Nancy L. & Lilja, Nina & Ashby, Jacqueline A.
- 307-327 An analysis of IPGRI's influence on the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
by Sauve, Raphael & Watts, Jamie
2003, Volume 78, Issue 1
- 1-16 The ALMANAC model's sensitivity to input variables
by Xie, Yun & Kiniry, James R. & Williams, Jimmy R.
- 17-30 Evaluation and application of the OILCROP-SUN model for sunflower in southern Italy
by Rinaldi, Michele & Losavio, Nicola & Flagella, Zina
- 31-55 Identification of farmer characteristics and farm strategies explaining changes in environmental management and environmental and economic performance of dairy farms
by Ondersteijn, C. J. M. & Giesen, G. W. J. & Huirne, R. B. M.
- 57-71 Agroforestry adoption in southern Malawi: the case of mixed intercropping of Gliricidia sepium and maize
by Thangata, P. H. & Alavalapati, J. R. R.
- 73-84 Analysis of strategic planning of Dutch pig farmers using a multivariate probit model
by Oude Lansink, Alfons & van den Berg, Mirella & Huirne, Ruud
- 85-103 Assessment of the quality of farmers' environmental management and its effects on resource use efficiency: a Dutch case study
by de Koeijer, T. J. & Wossink, G. A. A. & Smit, A. B. & Janssens, S. R. M. & Renkema, J. A. & Struik, P. C.
- 105-118 Uncertain Control of Dynamic Economic Threshold in Pest Management
by Bor, Yunchang Jeffrey
2003, Volume 77, Issue 3
- 173-186 Quantitative and visual assessments of climate change impacts on South Australian wheat production
by Luo, Qunying & Williams, Martin A. J. & Bellotti, William & Bryan, Brett
- 187-201 Farmer nurseries as a catalyst for developing sustainable land use systems in southern Africa. Part A: Nursery productivity and organization
by Bohringer, Andreas & Ayuk, Elias T. & Katanga, Roza & Ruvuga, Stephen
- 203-217 Farmer nurseries as a catalyst for developing sustainable land use systems in southern Africa. Part B: Support systems, early impact and policy issues
by Bohringer, Andreas & Ayuk, Elias T.
- 219-255 Efficiencies and biomass appropriation of food commodities on global and regional levels
by Wirsenius, Stefan
2003, Volume 77, Issue 2
- 91-116 Systems analysis by graph theoretical techniques: assessment of the agricultural innovation system of Azerbaijan
by Temel, Tugrul & Janssen, Willem & Karimov, Fuad
- 117-136 Delineation of suitable areas for crops using a Multi-Criteria Evaluation approach and land use/cover mapping: a case study in Central Mexico
by Ceballos-Silva, Alejandro & Lopez-Blanco, Jorge
- 137-154 Modelling apple orchard systems
by Hester, Susan M. & Cacho, Oscar
- 155-171 Comparative performance of selected mathematical programming models
by Arriaza, M. & Gomez-Limon, J. A.
2003, Volume 77, Issue 1
- 1-22 Achieving efficiency and equity in irrigation management: an optimization model of the El Angel watershed, Carchi, Ecuador
by Evans, Elizabeth M. & Lee, David R. & Boisvert, Richard N. & Arce, Blanca & Steenhuis, Tammo S. & Prano, Mauricio & Poats, Susan V.
- 23-38 Predicting regional rice production in South Korea using spatial data and crop-growth modeling
by Yun, Jin I.
- 39-63 Mapping livestock-oriented agricultural production systems for the developing world
by Kruska, R. L. & Reid, R. S. & Thornton, P. K. & Henninger, N. & Kristjanson, P. M.
- 65-88 Irrigation deficits and farmers' vulnerability in Southern India
by Brugere, Cecile & Lingard, John
2003, Volume 76, Issue 3
- 797-816 Cows, colonists and trees: rethinking cattle and environmental degradation in Brazilian Amazonia
by Muchagata, Marcia & Brown, Katrina
- 817-839 Evaluating nitrogen taxation scenarios using the dynamic whole farm simulation model FASSET
by Berntsen, J. & Petersen, B. M. & Jacobsen, B. H. & Olesen, J. E. & Hutchings, N. J.
- 841-861 Exploratory study on the land area required for global food supply and the potential global production of bioenergy
by Wolf, J. & Bindraban, P. S. & Luijten, J. C. & Vleeshouwers, L. M.
- 863-882 Economics of factor adjusted herbicide doses: a simulation analysis of best efficacy targeting strategies (BETS)
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Jones, Randall E. & Medd, Richard W.
- 883-894 Prediction of soil erosion in a Lake Victoria basin catchment using a GIS-based Universal Soil Loss model
by Lufafa, A. & Tenywa, M. M. & Isabirye, M. & Majaliwa, M. J. G. & Woomer, P. L.
- 895-911 A quantitative and constraint-specific method to assess the potential impact of new agricultural technology: the case of frost resistant potato for the Altiplano (Peru and Bolivia)
by Hijmans, R. J. & Condori, B. & Carrillo, R. & Kropff, M. J.
- 913-927 Social capital and farming at the rural-urban interface: the importance of nonfarmer and farmer relations
by Sharp, J. S. & Smith, M. B.
- 929-948 Dynamic cropping strategies for risk management in dry-land farming systems
by Sadras, Victor & Roget, David & Krause, Mike
- 949-967 Optimal frequency and quantity of agricultural lime applications
by Lukin, Vladimir V. & Epplin, Francis M.
- 969-984 Economic and weather influences on soybean planting strategies on heavy soils
by Popp, Michael P. & Dillon, Carl R. & Keisling, Terry C.
- 985-1005 Site-specific evaluation of the CROPGRO-soybean model on Missouri claypan soils
by Wang, F. & Fraisse, C. W. & Kitchen, N. R. & Sudduth, K. A.
- 1007-1041 Assessing the sustainability of the US food system: a life cycle perspective
by Heller, Martin C. & Keoleian, Gregory A.
- 1043-1066 Sustainability analysis for irrigation water management in the Aral Sea region
by Cai, Ximing & McKinney, Daene C. & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 1067-1084 Matching improved maize production technologies to the resource base of farmers in a moist savanna
by Jagtap, S. S. & Abamu, F. J.
- 1085-1100 The disappointing adoption dynamics of a yield-increasing, low external-input technology: the case of SRI in Madagascar
by Moser, Christine M. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1101-1117 Application of decision tree technology for image classification using remote sensing data
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Enright, Peter & Madramootoo, Chandra & Burgess, Magdalena & Goel, Pradeep K. & Callum, Ian
- 1119-1135 DIARES-IPM: a diagnostic advisory rule-based expert system for integrated pest management in Solanaceous crop systems
by Mahaman, B. D. & Passam, H. C. & Sideridis, A. B. & Yialouris, C. P.
- 1137-1156 Crossbreds did not generate more net benefits than indigenous goats in Ethiopian smallholdings
by Ayalew, W. & Rischkowsky, B. & King, J. M. & Bruns, E.
- 1157-1181 Development of a soil-plant phosphorus simulation model for calcareous and weathered tropical soils
by Daroub, Samira H. & Gerakis, Argyrios & Ritchie, Joe T. & Friesen, Dennis K. & Ryan, John
- 1183-1205 A pasture growth model for use in a whole-farm dairy production model
by McCall, D. G. & Bishop-Hurley, G. J.
2003, Volume 76, Issue 2
- 399-413 Assisting whole-farm decision-making through stochastic budgeting
by Lien, Gudbrand
- 415-440 A simulation model of draught animal power in smallholder farming systems. Part I: Context and structural overview
by Chawatama, S. & Ndlovu, L. R. & Richardson, F. D. & Mhlanga, F. & Dzama, K.
- 441-455 A simulation model of draught animal power in smallholder farming systems. Part II: Model evaluation and application
by Chawatama, S. & Ndlovu, L. R. & Richardson, F. D. & Mhlanga, F. & Dzama, K.
- 457-482 Participatory decision support for agricultural management. A case study from Sri Lanka
by Cain, J. D. & Jinapala, K. & Makin, I. W. & Somaratna, P. G. & Ariyaratna, B. R. & Perera, L. R.
- 483-505 Bioeconomic modelling of the production and export of cocoa for price policy analysis in Papua New Guinea
by Fleming, Euan & Milne, Mary
- 507-525 Concepts in production ecology for analysis and design of animal and plant-animal production systems
by van de Ven, G. W. J. & de Ridder, N. & van Keulen, H. & van Ittersum, M. K.
- 527-538 Comparing diagnoses from expert systems and human experts
by Seidel, M. & Breslin, C. & Christley, R. M. & Gettinby, G. & Reid, S. W. J. & Revie, C. W.
- 539-560 Comparison of three weather generators for crop modeling: a case study for subtropical environments
by Hartkamp, A. D. & White, J. W. & Hoogenboom, G.
- 561-574 Development of a herbicide application map using artificial neural networks and fuzzy logic
by Yang, Chun-Chieh & Prasher, Shiv O. & Landry, Jacques-Andre & Ramaswamy, Hosahalli S.
- 575-587 Rolling the dice: on-farm benefits of research into reducing pesticide use
by Brethour, Cher & Weersink, Alfons
- 589-599 A process-based model to simulate changes in tiller density and light interception of sugarcane crops
by Bezuidenhout, C. N. & O'Leary, G. J. & Singels, A. & Bajic, V. B.
- 601-622 An agro-pastoral household model for the rangelands of East Africa
by Thornton, P. K. & Galvin, K. A. & Boone, R. B.
- 623-638 Assessing the potential benefits of alternative cane supply arrangements in the Australian sugar industry
by Higgins, Andrew J. & Muchow, Russell C.
- 639-653 How to validate environmental indicators
by Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P.
- 655-680 A simple ecological sustainability simulator (SESS) for stocking rate management on semi-arid grazinglands
by Diaz-Solis, H. & Kothmann, M. M. & Hamilton, W. T. & Grant, W. E.
- 681-696 Designing the optimal robotic milking barn by applying a queuing network approach
by Halachmi, I. & Adan, I. J. B. F. & van der Wal, J. & van Beek, P. & Heesterbeek, J. A. P.
- 697-713 The analysis of UK crop allocation at the farm level: implications for supply response analysis
by Vavra, Pavel & Colman, David
- 715-738 Household adoption and the associated impact of multiple agricultural technologies in the western hills of Nepal
by Floyd, Christopher & Harding, Anne-Helen & Paudel, Krishna Chandra & Rasali, Drona Prasad & Subedi, Kalidas & Subedi, Phul Prasad
- 739-753 Agricultural research in the face of diversity, local knowledge and the participation imperative: theoretical considerations
by Sumberg, James & Okali, Christine & Reece, David
- 755-774 Evaluating predictive models with application in regulatory policy for invasive weeds
by Hughes, G. & Madden, L. V.
- 775-785 Incorporation of mulberry in contour hedgerows to increase overall benefits: a case study from Ningnan County, Sichuan Province, China
by TangYa & Yan-zhou, Zhang & Jia-sui, Xie & Hui, Sun
- 787-795 Integrating long-run biological and economic considerations into Striga management programs
by Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Taylor, Daniel B. & Fofana, Makan & Kebe, Demba
2003, Volume 76, Issue 1
- 3-18 The role of personal information sources on the decision-making process of Costa Rican dairy farmers
by Solano, C. & Leon, H. & Perez, E. & Herrero, M.
- 19-38 DAM EA$Y--software for assessing the costs and benefits of on-farm water storage based production systems
by Lisson, S. N. & Brennan, L. E. & Bristow, K. L. & Keating, B. A. & Hughes, D. A.
- 39-59 Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part I: the model description
by Audsley, E. & Annetts, J. E.
- 61-76 Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part II: analysis and implications
by Annetts, J. E. & Audsley, E.
- 77-94 Optimum utilization of feed resources: model studies and farmers' practices in two villages in East Java, Indonesia
by Zemmelink, G. & S, Ifar & Oosting, S. J.
- 95-114 Simulations of soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics during seven years in a catch crop experiment
by Blomback, Karin & Eckersten, Henrik & Lewan, Elisabet & Aronsson, Helena
- 115-139 Organisation of the pastoral territory and grazing management: joint modelling of grazing management practices and plant cover dynamics
by Meot, Alain & Hubert, Bernard & Lasseur, Jacques
- 141-157 Typification of farming systems for constructing representative farm models: two illustrations of the application of multi-variate analyses in Chile and Pakistan
by Kobrich, C. & Rehman, T. & Khan, M.
- 159-180 Simulating field-scale nitrogen management scenarios involving fertiliser and slurry applications
by Lewis, D. R. & McGechan, M. B. & McTaggart, I. P.
- 181-205 Analysis of strategies for reducing calcium deficiencies in glasshouse grown tomatoes: model functions and simulations
by Hamer, P. J. C.
- 207-225 A multidimensional approach to understanding agro-ecosystems. A case study in Hubei Province, China
by Ottaviani, D. & Ji, Li & Pastore, G.
- 227-252 Forecasting the environmental and socio-economic consequences of changes in the Common Agricultural Policy
by Topp, C. F. E. & Mitchell, M.
- 253-272 A Markov decision sow model representing the productive lifespan of herd sows
by Pla, L. M. & Pomar, C. & Pomar, J.
- 273-292 A preliminary approach to assessing the opportunity for site-specific crop management in a field, using yield monitor data
by Pringle, M. J. & McBratney, A. B. & Whelan, B. M. & Taylor, J. A.
- 293-311 Enhancing the ability of CERES-Maize to compute light capture
by Lizaso, J. I. & Batchelor, W. D. & Westgate, M. E. & Echarte, L.
- 313-335 A framework to improve fertilizer recommendations for irrigated rice in West Africa
by Haefele, S. M. & Wopereis, M. C. S. & Ndiaye, M. K. & Kropff, M. J.
- 337-357 Direct-use value of smallholder crop production in a semi-arid rural South African village
by Dovie, Delali B. K. & Witkowski, E. T. F. & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 359-377 Optimizing irrigation management for a spatially variable soybean field
by Nijbroek, Ravic & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Jones, James W.
- 379-396 Modelling the dynamics of agricultural development at farm and regional level
by Bontkes, Tjark Struif & Keulen, Herman van
- 397-398 Enabling Innovation: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Fostering Technological Change: Boru Douthwaite, Zed Books, London and New York, 2002, 266 pages, paperback, ISBN 1-85649-972-3, [pound sign]15.95, $25
by Kristjanson, Patti
2003, Volume 75, Issue 2-3
- 119-121 Preface
by Buschena, D. & Taylor, C. Robert
- 123-159 Risk research in agricultural economics: opportunities and challenges for the next twenty-five years
by Just, Richard E.
- 161-197 Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers
by Anderson, Jock R.
- 199-213 Principles of risk management service relations in agriculture
by Just, David R. & Wolf, Steven & Zilberman, David
- 215-234 The economics of risk, uncertainty and learning in the adoption of new agricultural technologies: where are we on the learning curve?
by Marra, Michele & Pannell, David J. & Abadi Ghadim, Amir
- 235-249 Evaluating the magnitudes of financial transactions costs on risk behavior
by Atwood, Joseph A. & Buschena, David E.
- 251-264 The role of risk versus the role of uncertainty in economic systems
by Taylor, C. Robert
- 265-276 Optimal risk in agricultural contracts
by Ligon, Ethan
- 277-294 Value of imperfect input information in agricultural production
by Mitchell, Paul D.
- 295-303 Legal risk in agriculture: right-to-farm laws and institutional change
by Duke, Joshua M. & Malcolm, Scott A.
- 305-322 Alternative risk financing instruments for swine epidemics
by Meuwissen, Miranda P. M. & Van Asseldonk, Marcel A. P. M. & Huirne, Ruud B. M.
- 323-340 Evaluation of the interaction of risk management tools for cotton and soybeans
by Coble, Keith H. & Zuniga, Manuel & Heifner, Richard
2003, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-21 A Decision Support System for smallholder campesino maize-cattle production systems of the Toluca Valley in Central Mexico. Part I--Integrating biological and socio-economic models into a holistic system
by Castelan-Ortega, Octavio A. & Fawcett, Roy H. & Arriaga-Jordan, Carlos & Herrero, Mario
- 23-46 A Decision Support System for smallholder campesino maize-cattle production systems of the Toluca Valley in Central Mexico. Part II--Emulating the farming system
by Castelan-Ortega, Octavio A. & Fawcett, Roy H. & Arriaga-Jordan, Carlos & Herrero, Mario
- 47-77 Linking physiological and architectural models of cotton
by Hanan, J. S. & Hearn, A. B.
- 79-95 Logit models for identifying the factors that influence the uptake of new `no-tillage' technologies by farmers in the rice-wheat and the cotton-wheat farming systems of Pakistan's Punjab
by Sheikh, A. D. & Rehman, T. & Yates, C. M.
- 97-117 Participatory Farm Management methods for assessing the suitability of potential innovations. A case study on green manuring options for tomato producers in Ghana
by Dorward, Peter & Galpin, Mark & Shepherd, Derek
2002, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 305-307 Applying seasonal climate prediction to agricultural production
by Hansen, J. W.
- 309-330 Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges
by Hansen, James W.
- 331-349 Opportunities and constraints for farmers of west Africa to use seasonal precipitation forecasts with Burkina Faso as a case study
by Ingram, K. T. & Roncoli, M. C. & Kirshen, P. H.
- 351-369 Implications of farm-level response to seasonal climate forecasts for aggregate grain production in Zimbabwe
by Phillips, J. G. & Deane, D. & Unganai, L. & Chimeli, A.
- 371-392 Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience
by Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J.
- 393-414 Infusing the use of seasonal climate forecasting into crop management practice in North East Australia using discussion support software
by Nelson, R. A. & Holzworth, D. P. & Hammer, G. L. & Hayman, P. T.
- 415-430 Responding to stakeholder's demands for climate information: from research to applications in Florida
by Jagtap, S. S. & Jones, J. W. & Hildebrand, P. & Letson, D. & O'Brien, J. J. & Podesta, G. & Zierden, D. & Zazueta, F.
- 431-457 Use of climate information for farm-level decision making: rainfed groundnut in southern India
by Gadgil, Sulochana & Seshagiri Rao, P. R. & Narahari Rao, K.
- 459-477 Enhanced risk management and decision-making capability across the sugarcane industry value chain based on seasonal climate forecasts
by Everingham, Y. L. & Muchow, R. C. & Stone, R. C. & Inman-Bamber, N. G. & Singels, A. & Bezuidenhout, C. N.
2002, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 221-240 Sheep animal welfare in a low rainfall Mediterranean environment: a profitable investment?
by Kingwell, R.
- 241-255 An economic approach for a better understanding of conflicts between farmers and nature conservationists--an application of the decision support system MODAM to the Lower Odra Valley National Park
by Kachele, H. & Dabbert, S.
- 257-270 Assessing the consequences of technological change on farm enterprises in southeastern Nigeria by use of factor analysis
by Alimba, J. O. & Akubuilo, C. J. C.
- 271-286 Investigating strategies for minimising damage caused by the sugarcane pest Eldana saccharina
by Horton, Petrovious M. & Hearne, John W. & Apaloo, Joseph & Conlong, Desmond E. & Way, Michael J. & Uys, Pieter
- 287-302 Validation of SPUR2.4 rangeland simulation model using a cow-calf field experiment
by Teague, W. R. & Foy, J. K.
- 303-304 Animal Welfare: Colin Spedding (Ed.). Earthscan Publications Ltd., London, 2000, 188 pp. Price: [pound sign]12.95 (paperback). ISBN 1 85383 672 9
by Kennedy, David
2002, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-10 Probing the enigma of the decision support system for farmers: Learning from experience and from theory
by McCown, R. L. & Hochman, Z. & Carberry, P. S.