Welfare Impacts of Rising Food Prices in Rural Ethiopia: a Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil with number 126698.
Date of creation: 29 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Food Security and Poverty;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-23 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deaton, A., 1988.
"Price Elasticities From Survey Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results,"
138, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Deaton, Angus, 1990. "Price elasticities from survey data : Extensions and Indonesian results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-309, June.
- Deaton, A., 1990. "Price Elasticities From Surveys Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 69, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Deaton, Angus, 1987. "Estimation of own- and cross-price elasticities from household survey data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 7-30.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001.
"The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology,"
NBER Working Papers
8564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2002. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(3), pages 397-423, December.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A 'Rapid Response' Methodology," Working Papers 482, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: "A Rapid Response Methodology"," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 387, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Muellbauer, John, 1976. "Community Preferences and the Representative Consumer," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 979-99, September.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Eliisabeth, 2009. "The Impact of Rising Food Prices on Household Welfare in India," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7xj9n1qq, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2012.
"Estimating the Short-Run Poverty Impacts of the 2010–11 Surge in Food Prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 2302-2317.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will & Zaman, Hassan, 2011. "Estimating the short-run poverty impacts of the 2010-11 surge in food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5633, The World Bank.
- Ian Crawford & François Laisney & Ian Preston, 2002.
"Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications,"
IFS Working Papers
W02/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Crawford, Ian & Laisney, Francois & Preston, Ian, 2003. "Estimation of household demand systems with theoretically compatible Engel curves and unit value specifications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Preston, Ian & Laisney, François & Crawford, Ian A., 2002. "Estimation of Household Demand Systems with Theoretically Compatible Engel Curves and Unit Value Specifications," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-06 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Steven Yen & Kamhon Kan & Shew-Jiuan Su, 2002. "Household demand for fats and oils: two-step estimation of a censored demand system," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1799-1806.
- Cranfield, John A.L. & Haq, Zahoor Ul, 2010. "What impact has food price inflation had on consumer welfare: a global analysis," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 58894, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997.
"Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Banks, J & Blundell, R & Lewbel, A, 1997. "Quadratic engel curves and consumer demand," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Aubert, Dominique, 2004. "A cross-section analysis of household demand for food and nutrients in Tanzania," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 67-79, July.
- Cuma Akbay & Ismet Boz & Wen S. Chern, 2007. "Household food consumption in Turkey," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(2), pages 209-231, June.
- Brian W. Gould, 2003. "An Empirical Assessment of Endogeneity Issues in Demand Analysis for Differentiated Products," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 605-617.
- Ulimwengu, John M. & Workneh, Sindu & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2009. "Impact of soaring food price in Ethiopia: Does location matter?," IFPRI discussion papers 846, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brian P. Poi, 2008. "Demand-system estimation: Update," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 554-556, December.
- Heien, Dale & Wessells, Cathy Roheim, 1990. "Demand Systems Estimation with Microdata: A Censored Regression Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 365-71, July.
- Rashid, Shahidur, 2010. "Staple Food Prices in Ethiopia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 58552, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Awudu Abdulai & Devendra K. Jain & Ashok K. Sharma, 1999. "Household Food Demand Analysis in India," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 316-327.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Birru, Yohannes A., 2009.
"Inflation dynamics and food prices in an agricultural economy : the case of Ethiopia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4969, The World Bank.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Ayalew Birru, Yohannes, 2009. "Inflation Dynamics and Food Prices in an Agricultural Economy: The Case of Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 347, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Mario Mazzocchi, 2003. "Time-varying coefficients in the Almost Ideal Demand System: an empirical appraisal," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 241-270, June.
- Klugman, Jeni & Loening, Josef, 2007. "Welfare Impacts of Food Price Inflation in Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 24892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mitchell, Donald, 2008. "A note on rising food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4682, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.