Demand-system estimation: Update
AbstractThe nlsur command is better suited to demand-system estimation than the suite of ado-ﬁfies provided in Poi (2002, Stata Journal 2: 403–410) because it is faster and requires only one ancillary ado-file. This article replicates the results presented in Poi (2002) by using nlsur instead of ml.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tafere, Kibrom & Worku, Ibrahim, 2012. "Consumption Patterns of Livestock Products in Ethiopia: Elasticity Estimates Using HICES (2004/05) Data:," ESSP working papers 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tafere, Kibrom & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum & Tamru, Seneshaw & Tefera, Nigussie & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2011. "Food demand elasticities in Ethiopia: Estimates using household income consumption expenditure (HICE) survey data," ESSP working papers 11, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Petr Jansky, 2014.
"Consumer Demand System Estimation and Value Added Tax Reforms in the Czech Republic,"
Working Papers IES
2014/07, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2014.
- Petr Jansky, 2013. "Consumer Demand System Estimation and Value Added Tax Reforms in the Czech Republic," IFS Working Papers W13/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Preety Srivastava & Keith R. McLaren & Michael Wohlgenant & Xueyan Zhao, 2014. "Econometric Modelling of Price Response by Alcohol Types to Inform Alcohol Tax Policies," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/14, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Ole Boysen, 2012. "A Food Demand System Estimation for Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp396, IIIS.
- Tefera, Nigussie, 2012. "Welfare Impacts of Rising Food Prices in Rural Ethiopia: a Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System Approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126698, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.