The stability likelihood of an international climate agreement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Climate change modelling; International environmental agreements; Non-cooperative game theory; Uncertainty; C79; H87; Q54;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C79 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Other
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kolstad, Charles D., 1996. "Learning and Stock Effects in Environmental Regulation: The Case of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 260-271, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Gamma Discounting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hans-Peter Weikard & Juan-Carlos Altamirano-Cabrera & Michael Finus, 2004.
"The Impact of Surplus Sharing on The Stability of International Climate Agreements,"
2004.99, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hans-Peter Weikard & Michael Finus & Juan-Carlos Altamirano-Cabrera, 2006. "The impact of surplus sharing on the stability of international climate agreements," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 209-232, April.
- Kolstad, Charles D., 1996. "Fundamental irreversibilities in stock externalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 221-233, May.
- Michael Finus & Ekko Ierland & Rob Dellink, 2006.
"Stability of Climate Coalitions in a Cartel Formation Game,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 271-291, August.
- Michael Finus & Ekko van Ierland, 2003. "Stability of Climate Coalitions in a Cartel Formation Game," Working Papers 2003.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Michael Hoel, 1992. "International environment conventions: The case of uniform reductions of emissions," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(2), pages 141-159, March.
- Alfred Endres & Cornelia Ohl, 2003. "International environmental cooperation with risk aversion," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(3), pages 378-392, January.
- Richard Tol, 2002. "Estimates of the Damage Costs of Climate Change. Part 1: Benchmark Estimates," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(1), pages 47-73, January.
- Na, Seong-lin & Shin, Hyun Song, 1998. "International Environmental Agreements under Uncertainty," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 173-85, April.
- Kolstad, Charles D., 2007. "Systematic uncertainty in self-enforcing international environmental agreements," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 68-79, January.
- Ulph, A. & Maddison, D., 1995.
"Uncertainty, learning and international environmental policy co-ordination,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9507, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Alistair Ulph & David Maddison, 1997. "Uncertainty, learning and international environmental policy coordination," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(4), pages 451-466, June.
- Tol, Richard S J, 2001. "Climate Coalitions in an Integrated Assessment Model," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 159-72, October.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 1998. "Why the Far-Distant Future Should Be Discounted at Its Lowest Possible Rate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 201-208, November.
- Francesco Bosello & Barbara Buchner & Carlo Carraro, 2003. "Equity, Development, and Climate Change Control," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 601-611, 04/05.
- Hans Gersbach & Quirin Oberpriller, 2012. "Rules vs. Targets: Climate Treaties under Uncertainty," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 12/159, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Thijs Dekker & Rob Dellink & Janina Ketterer, 2013. "The Fatter the Tail, the Fatter the Climate Agreement - Simulating the Influence of Fat Tails in Climate Change Damages on the Success of International Climate Negotiations," CESifo Working Paper Series 4059, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Finus & Pedro Pintassilgo & Marko Lindroos & Gordon Munro, 2008.
"Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations,"
2008.20, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Pedro Pintassilgo & Michael Finus & Marko Lindroos & Gordon Munro, 2010. "Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 377-402, July.
- Finus, Michael & Lindroos, Marko & Munro, Gordon & Pintassilgo, Pedro, 2008. "Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-11, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Charles Kolstad & Alistair Ulph, 2011. "Uncertainty, Learning and Heterogeneity in International Environmental Agreements," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(3), pages 389-403, November.
- Hans-Peter Weikard & Rob Dellink & Ekko Ierland, 2010. "Renegotiations in the Greenhouse," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 573-596, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.