Pursuing manufacturing-based export-led growth: Are developing countries increasingly crowding each other out?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 18 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1998. "Erratum: Exports of Manufactures by Developing Countries: Emerging Patterns of Trade and Location," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 168, Autumn.
- Alan Ahearne & John Fernald & Prakash Loungani & John Schindler, 2003.
"China and emerging Asia: comrades or competitors?,"
Working Paper Series
WP-03-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sanjaya Lall, Manuel Albaladejo and Jinkang Zhang (QEH), .
"Mapping Fragmentation: Electronics and Automobiles in East Asia and Latin America,"
QEH Working Papers
qehwps115, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sanjaya Lall & Manuel Albaladejo & Jinkang Zhang, 2004. "Mapping fragmentation: Electronics and automobiles in East Asia and Latin America," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 407-432.
- Muscatelli, V. A. & Stevenson, A. A. & Montagna, C., 1994. "Intra-NIE competition in exports of manufactures," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 29-47, August.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 2003.
"Real effective exchange rate and the constant elasticity of substitution assumption,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 337-354, August.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2000. "Real Effective Exchange Rate and the Constant Elasticity of Substitution Assumption," IMF Working Papers 00/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 1998.
"Processed food exports from developing countries: patterns and determinants,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 41-54, February.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 1996. "Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries: Patterns and Determinants," Trade and Development 96/14, Australian National University, Department of Economics.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 1996. "Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries: Patterns and Determinants," Departmental Working Papers 1996-14, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Sarkar, Prabirjit & Singer, H. W., 1993. "Manufacture--manufacture terms of trade deterioration: A reply," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1617-1620, October.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1998. "Exports of Manufactures by Developing Countries: Emerging Patterns of Trade and Location," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 54-73, Summer.
- Dalum, Bent & Laursen, Keld & Verspagen, Bart, 1999. "Does Specialization Matter for Growth?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 267-88, June.
- Arslan Razmi & Robert Blecker, 2008.
"Developing Country Exports of Manufactures: Moving Up the Ladder to Escape the Fallacy of Composition?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 21-48.
- Arslan Razmi & Robert A. Blecker, 2006. "Developing Country Exports of Manufactures: Moving Up the Ladder to Escape the Fallacy of Composition?," Working Papers 2006-06, American University, Department of Economics.
- Arslan Razmi & Robert Blecker, 2005. "Developing Country Exports of Manufactures: Moving Up the Ladder to Escape the Fallacy of Composition?," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics, revised May 2006.
- Markusen, James R. & Melvin, James R. & Maskus, Keith E. & Kaempfer, William, 1995. "International trade: theory and evidence," MPRA Paper 21989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1993. "Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Transforming manufactures into commodities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1851-1865, November.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Terrie Walmsley, 2000.
"China's Accession to the WTO: Timing is Everything,"
GTAP Working Papers
403, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Terrie L. Walmsley & Thomas W. Hertel, 2001. "China's Accession to the WTO: Timing is Everything," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(8), pages 1019-1049, 09.
- Setterfield, Mark, 1997. "'History versus Equilibrium' and the Theory of Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 365-78, May.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S & Magee, Stephen P, 1969. "Income and Price Elasticities in World Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 111-25, May.
- Barry Eichengreen & Yeongseop Rhee & Hui Tong, 2004. "The Impact of China on the Exports of Other Asian Countries," NBER Working Papers 10768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James W. Bono & David H. Wolpert, 2009. "Statistical prediction of the outcome of a noncooperative game," Working Papers 2009-20, American University, Department of Economics.
- Robert A. Blecker & Arslan Razmi, 2009. "Export-led growth, real exchange rates and the fallacy of composition," Working Papers 2009-22, American University, Department of Economics.
- Gonzalo Hernandez & Arslan Razmi, 2011. "Can Asia Sustain an Export-Led Growth Strategy in the Aftermath of the Global Crisis? An Empirical Exploration," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-29, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jimenez, Gonzalo Hernandez & Razmi, Arslan, 2013. "Can Asia sustain an export-led growth strategy in the aftermath of the global crisis? Exploring a neglected aspect," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 45-61.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2009. "Comercio, Empleo y DistribuciÃ³n: Efectos de la IntegraciÃ³n Regional y Global," Working Papers 2009-21, American University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.