Journal of Asian Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Manoranjan Dutta
Michael G. Plummer
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:asieco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2014, Volume 31-32
- 1-9 Vertical gravity
by Brooks, Douglas H. & Ferrarini, Benno
- 10-21 The determinants of income inequality in Thailand: A synthetic cohort analysis
by Paweenawat, Sasiwimon Warunsiri & McNown, Robert
- 22-31 How much informal credit lending responded to monetary policy in China? The case of Wenzhou
by Qin, Duo & Xu, Zhong & Zhang, Xuechun
- 32-41 Substitutes or complements? The interactions between components of capital inflows for Asia
by Cavoli, Tony
- 42-56 Empirical relationships among money, output and consumer prices in nine Muslim-majority countries
by Hossain, Akhand Akhtar
- 57-70 Interest rate pass-through and monetary policy asymmetry: A journey into the Caucasian black box
by Jamilov, Rustam & Égert, Balázs
- 71-81 European crises and the Asian economies
by Pomfret, Richard
2014, Volume 30, Issue C
- 1-14 Low-income countries’ linkages to BRICS: Are there growth spillovers?
by Samake, Issouf & Yang, Yongzheng
- 15-31 Human capital, technological progress and trade: What explains India's long run growth?
by Banerjee, Rajabrata & Roy, Saikat Sinha
- 32-41 Inflation and relative price variability: Evidence for India
by Rather, Sartaj Rasool & Durai, S. Raja Sethu & Ramachandran, M.
- 42-53 Economic consequences of war: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Ganegodage, K. Renuka & Rambaldi, Alicia N.
- 54-62 Financial literacy and remittance behavior of skilled and unskilled immigrant groups in Australia
by Karunarathne, Wasana & Gibson, John
- 63-81 Monetary regime choice in Singapore: Would a Taylor rule outperform exchange-rate management?
by Chow, Hwee Kwan & Lim, G.C. & McNelis, Paul D.
2013, Volume 29, Issue C
- 1-14 Regional disparity, transitional dynamics and convergence in China
by Cheong, Tsun Se & Wu, Yanrui
- 15-23 Trade liberalisation and manufacturing wage premiums: Evidence from Thailand
by Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu & Sangkaew, Piyapong & O’Brien, Martin
- 24-32 A note on detecting biases in assessing the use of FTAs
by Hamanaka, Shintaro
- 33-44 An empirical analysis of China's equilibrium exchange rate: A co-integration approach
by Gan, Christopher & Ward, Bert & Ting, Su Ting & Cohen, David A.
- 45-61 Can Asia sustain an export-led growth strategy in the aftermath of the global crisis? Exploring a neglected aspect
by Jimenez, Gonzalo Hernandez & Razmi, Arslan
- 62-79 Sources of spatial welfare disparities in Indonesia: Household endowments or returns?
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Olivieri, Sergio
- 80-90 The determinants of Australian household debt: A macro level study
by Meng, Xianming & Hoang, Nam T. & Siriwardana, Mahinda
- 91-100 Bank opacity, intermediation cost and globalization: Evidence from a sample of publicly traded banks in Asia
by Soedarmono, Wahyoe & Tarazi, Amine
- 101-112 Family size, household shocks and chronic and transient poverty in the Philippines
by Bayudan-Dacuycuy, Connie & Lim, Joseph Anthony
2013, Volume 28, Issue C
- 3-11 On the implementation and use of factor-augmented regressions in panel data
by Westerlund, Joakim & Urbain, Jean-Pierre
- 12-27 Simple unit root testing in generally trending data with an application to precious metal prices in Asia
by Westerlund, Joakim
- 28-40 Information asymmetry, market segmentation, and cross-listing: Implications for event study methodology
by Gu, Lulu & Reed, W. Robert
- 41-50 Foreign exchange markets and oil prices in Asia
by Narayan, Seema
- 51-57 Oil price uncertainty and sovereign risk: Evidence from Asian economies
by Sharma, Susan Sunila & Thuraisamy, Kannan
- 58-66 On the predictability of realized volatility using feasible GLS
by Bentes, Sonia R. & Menezes, Rui
- 67-75 The relationship between Asian equity and commodity futures markets
by Thuraisamy, Kannan S. & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Ali Ahmed, Huson Joher
- 76-86 Optimum international reserves and sovereign risk: Evidence from India
by K.P., Prabheesh
- 87-98 Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility: Evidence from Japan using realized volatility
by Cheng, Ai-ru (Meg) & Das, Kuntal & Shimatani, Takeshi
- 99-114 Intraday liquidity patterns in Indian stock market
by Krishnan, R. & Mishra, Vinod
- 115-124 Detecting bubbles in Hong Kong residential property market
by Yiu, Matthew S. & Yu, Jun & Jin, Lu
- 125-130 Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell
2013, Volume 26, Issue C
- 1-13 Formal and informal rural credit in the Mekong River Delta of Vietnam: Interaction and accessibility
by Khoi, Phan Dinh & Gan, Christopher & Nartea, Gilbert V. & Cohen, David A.
- 14-30 Body Mass Index, participation, duration of work and earnings under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: Evidence from Rajasthan
by Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K.
- 31-41 Inflation and economic growth: A dynamic panel threshold analysis for Asian economies
by Vinayagathasan, Thanabalasingam
- 42-51 Economies of scale and a process for identifying hypothetical merger potential in Indonesian commercial banks
by Hadad, Muliaman D. & Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Santoso, Wimboh & Simper, Richard
- 52-64 The link between credit markets and self-employment choice among households in rural China
by Han, Linghui & Hare, Denise
- 65-81 Threats to property rights: Effects on economic performance of the manufacturing sector in Indian states
by Kato, Atsushi & Sato, Takahiro
2013, Volume 25, Issue C
- 3-16 Does the Village Fund matter in Thailand? Evaluating the impact on incomes and spending
by Boonperm, Jirawan & Haughton, Jonathan & Khandker, Shahidur R.
- 17-27 Revisiting the Phillips curve for India and inflation forecasting
by Kapur, Muneesh
- 28-42 Productivity, ownership, and producer concentration in transition: Further evidence from Vietnamese manufacturing
by Ramstetter, Eric D. & Ngoc, Phan Minh
- 43-52 Applying an alternative test of herding behavior: A case study of the Indian stock market
by Bhaduri, Saumitra N. & Mahapatra, Siddharth D.
- 53-65 A distributional approach to comparing vulnerability, applied to rural provinces in Thailand and Vietnam
by Hardeweg, Bernd & Wagener, Andreas & Waibel, Hermann
2013, Volume 24, Issue C
- 1-16 Immigration, job vacancies, and employment dynamics: Evidence from Thai manufacturers
by Pholphirul, Piriya
- 17-25 Agricultural distortions and structural change
by Grabowski, Richard
- 26-40 Inflation dynamics in Asia: Causes, changes, and spillovers from China
by Osorio, Carolina & Unsal, D. Filiz
- 41-50 Bank consolidation and competitiveness: Empirical evidence from the Korean banking industry
by Shin, Dong Jin & Kim, Brian H.S.
- 51-65 The effect on price, liquidity and risk when stocks are added to and deleted from a sustainability index: Evidence from the Asia Pacific context
by Cheung, Adrian (Wai Kong) & Roca, Eduardo
- 66-79 Cross-border acquisitions in a transition economy: The recent experiences of China and India
by Nagano, Mamoru & Yuan, Yuan
- 80-88 Commodity prices and the macroeconomy: An extended dependent economy approach
by Makin, Anthony J.
- 89-102 Economic returns to schooling for China's Korean minority
by Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell
- 103-116 Changing impact of fiscal policy on selected ASEAN countries
by Tang, Hsiao Chink & Liu, Philip & Cheung, Eddie C.
- 117-123 Asymmetric dynamics in stock market correlations: Evidence from Japan and Singapore
by Toyoshima, Yuki & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 124-137 Determinants of bond market development in Asia
by Bhattacharyay, Biswa Nath
- 138-146 Capital flows and real exchange rates in emerging Asian countries
by Jongwanich, Juthathip & Kohpaiboon, Archanun
- 147-157 Does financial system activity affect tax revenue in Malaysia? Bounds testing and causality approach
by Taha, Roshaiza & Colombage, Sisira R.N. & Maslyuk, Svetlana & Nanthakumar, Loganathan
- 158-171 Income shocks, coping strategies, and consumption smoothing: An application to Indonesian data
by Berloffa, Gabriella & Modena, Francesca
2012, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 616-626 The current global financial crisis: Do Asian stock markets show contagion or interdependence effects?
by Morales, Lucía & Andreosso-O’Callaghan, Bernadette
- 627-642 Global rebalancing: Effects on trade and employment
by Mayer, Jörg
- 643-653 Exploring dimensions of regional economic integration in East Asia: More than the sum of its parts?
by Cavoli, Tony
- 654-668 Crises in Asia: Recovery and policy responses
by Hong, Kiseok & Tang, Hsiao Chink
- 669-679 Do US macroeconomic conditions affect Asian stock markets?
by Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar
- 680-687 The US tech pulse, stock prices, and exchange rate dynamics: Evidence from Asian developing countries
by Kubo, Akihiro
- 688-700 Bank market power and revenue diversification: Evidence from selected ASEAN countries
by Nguyen, My & Skully, Michael & Perera, Shrimal
- 701-706 Trade intensity and business cycle synchronization: East Asia versus Europe
by Rana, Pradumna Bickram & Cheng, Tianyin & Chia, Wai-Mun
2012, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 487-498 FDI and market entry/exit: Evidence from China
by Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong
- 499-506 Market-power versus cost-efficiency in Thailand's banking sector in the post-crisis period (1998–2011)
by Mahathanaseth, Itthipong & Tauer, Loren W.
- 507-518 The dynamics of aggregate demand and supply shocks in ASEAN countries
by Bashar, Omar H.M.N.
- 519-526 The sustainability of trade deficits in the presence of endogenous structural breaks: Evidence from the Indian economy
by Nag, Biswajit & Mukherjee, Jaydeep
- 527-539 Pro-poor growth, poverty and inequality in rural Vietnam
by Kang, Woojin & Imai, Katsushi S.
- 540-547 Processing trade, exchange rates and China's bilateral trade balances
by Xing, Yuqing
- 548-559 Productivity and convergence in India: A state-level analysis
by Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke
- 560-570 The effects of female HIV/AIDS status on fertility and child health in Cambodia
by Okada, Keisuke
- 585-599 The ‘Triple-alliance’ perspective for new industry creation: Lessons from the flat panel industry in Taiwan
by Liu, John Jen-wei & Ray, Pradeep Kanta
- 600-613 Mainstreaming health insurance for people with disabilities
by Palmer, Michael G. & Nguyen, Thi Minh Thuy
2012, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 303-323 The changing geography of world trade: Projections to 2030
by Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna
- 324-334 Fear of appreciation in East and Southeast Asia: The role of the Chinese renminbi
by Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza Y.
- 335-343 Bank risk and non-interest income activities in the Indonesian banking industry
by Hidayat, Wahyu Yuwana & Kakinaka, Makoto & Miyamoto, Hiroaki
- 344-352 Dynamic linkages of stock prices between the BRICs and the United States: Effects of the 2008–09 financial crisis
by Xu, Haifeng & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 353-359 The effect of financial deepening on inequality: Some international evidence
by Hamori, Shigeyuki & Hashiguchi, Yoshihiro
- 360-373 Inflation targeting and inflation persistence in Asia–Pacific
by Gerlach, Stefan & Tillmann, Peter
- 374-382 Managing a scarce resource in a growing Asian economy: Water usage in Hong Kong
by Woo, Chi-Keung & Wong, Wing-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Chan, Hing-Lin
- 383-394 Evolutionary paths toward a region-wide economic agreement in Asia
by Hamanaka, Shintaro
- 395-408 Financial reforms and persistently high bank interest spreads in Bangladesh: Pitfalls in institutional development?
by Hossain, Monzur
- 409-422 Policy rate pass-through and the adjustment of retail interest rates: Empirical evidence from Malaysian financial institutions
by Zulkhibri, Muhamed
- 423-433 Foreign bank lending and information asymmetries in China: Empirical evidence from the syndicated loan market
by Pessarossi, Pierre & Godlewski, Christophe J. & Weill, Laurent
- 434-441 The role of FDI in domestic exporting: Evidence from China
by Sun, Sizhong
- 442-453 Poverty impacts of natural resource revenues
by Warr, Peter & Menon, Jayant & Yusuf, Arief Anshory
- 454-465 Multi-dimensional deprivation in the awakening giants: A comparison of China and India on micro data
by Ray, Ranjan & Mishra, Ankita
- 466-475 The relationship between technical efficiency and industrial concentration: Evidence from the Indonesian food and beverages industry
by Setiawan, Maman & Emvalomatis, Grigorios & Oude Lansink, Alfons
- 476-485 The interest rate–inflation relationship under an inflation targeting regime: The case of Turkey
by Kose, Nezir & Emirmahmutoglu, Furkan & Aksoy, Sezgin
2012, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 201-209 The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?
by Petri, Peter A.
- 210-223 Institutions and FDI location choice: The role of cultural distances
by Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang
- 224-233 Innovation, learning, and exporting in China: Does R&D or a technology index matter?
by Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 234-243 Testing for horizontal and vertical foreign investment spillovers in China, 1998–2007
by Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary H.
- 244-258 Are FDI spillovers regional? Firm-level evidence from China
by Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu
- 259-269 Differences in returns to FDI between China's coast and interior: One country, two economies?
by Su, Jian & Jefferson, Gary H.
- 270-287 How Chinese firms learn technology from transnational corporations: A comparison of the telecommunication and automobile industries
by He, Xiyou & Mu, Qing
- 288-301 Foreign direct investment and innovation in China's e-commerce sector
by Wang, Xin
2012, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 107-110 Editors’ introduction transitional economies: Progress and pitfalls
by Noland, Marcus & Son, Hyun H.
- 111-129 Foreign investment and bribery: A firm-level analysis of corruption in Vietnam
by Gueorguiev, Dimitar & Malesky, Edmund
- 130-145 Integration in the absence of institutions: China–North Korea cross-border exchange
by Haggard, Stephan & Lee, Jennifer & Noland, Marcus
- 146-156 Resource management and transition in Central Asia, Azerbaijan and Mongolia
by Pomfret, Richard
- 157-167 How entrepreneurship could be promoted after the collapse of a socialist economic system
by Åslund, Anders
- 168-178 Understanding tax reform in the Central Asian Republics
by Mokhtari, Manouchehr & Ashtari, Mamak
- 179-188 Evaluating social protection programs in Tajikistan
by Son, Hyun H.
- 189-200 Reducing informal payments in the health care system: Evidence from a large patient satisfaction survey
by Mokhtari, Manouchehr & Ashtari, Mamak
2012, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-12 Monetary integration in ASEAN+3: A perception survey of opinion leaders
by Rana, Pradumna Bickram & Chia, Wai-Mun & Jinjarak, Yothin
- 13-25 The role of macroeconomic policy in rebalancing growth
by Morgan, Peter J.
- 26-38 A reexamination of capital controls’ effectiveness: Recent experience of Thailand
by Abhakorn, Pongrapeeporn & Tantisantiwong, Nongnuch
- 39-49 Outsourcing and productivity: Evidence from Korean data
by Lin, Songhua & Ma, Alyson C.
- 50-59 Are structural parameters of DSGE models stable in Korea?
by Lee, Jiho
- 60-72 The Indian exchange rate and Central Bank action: An EGARCH analysis
by Goyal, Ashima & Arora, Sanchit
- 73-85 Economic growth and child poverty reduction in Bangladesh and China
by Begum, Syeda Shahanara & Deng, Quheng & Gustafsson, Björn
- 86-98 Inflation targeting in India: A comparison with the multiple indicator approach
by Mishra, Ankita & Mishra, Vinod
- 99-106 Why does scholastic achievement differ across prefectures in Japan?
by Nakamura, Hideki
2011, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 427-440 Chinese exchange rate and price effects on G3 import prices
by Granville, Brigitte & Mallick, Sushanta & Zeng, Ning
- 441-459 The role of production fragmentation in international business cycle synchronization in East Asia
by Takeuchi, Fumihide
- 460-470 Bank market power, economic growth and financial stability: Evidence from Asian banks
by Soedarmono, Wahyoe & Machrouh, Fouad & Tarazi, Amine
- 471-482 Monetary autonomy in selected Asian economies: The role of international reserves
by Taguchi, Hiroyuki & Nataraj, Geethanjali & Sahoo, Pravakar
- 483-494 Monetary policy rules for a developing country: Evidence from Pakistan
by Aleem, Abdul & Lahiani, Amine
- 495-506 Herding behaviour in the Chinese and Indian stock markets
by Lao, Paulo & Singh, Harminder
- 507-517 Responding to the global financial crisis: Vietnamese exchange rate policy, 2008–2009
by Takagi, Shinji & Pham, Thi Hoang Anh
- 518-527 An empirical study on the hysteresis of currency substitution in Cambodia
by Samreth, Sovannroeun
- 528-539 The stability of the Phillips curve in India: Does the Lucas critique apply?
by Mazumder, Sandeep
- 540-549 Political instability and inflation in Pakistan
by Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq
- 550-557 Real interest parity: A note on Asian countries using panel stationarity tests
by Holmes, Mark J. & Otero, Jesús & Panagiotidis, Theodore
2011, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 343-355 Can inflation targeting regimes be effective in developing countries? The Turkish experience
by Akyurek, Cem & Kutan, Ali M. & Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 356-368 Testing contagion of the 1997-98 crisis in Asian stock markets with structural breaks and incubation periods
by Baek, In-Mee & Jun, Jongbyung
- 369-382 "Keep silent and make money": Institutional patterns of earnings management in China
by Li, Shaomin & Selover, David D. & Stein, Michael
- 383-397 Production sharing and trade flows: A comparative analysis of Japan and the US
by Yamashita, Nobuaki
- 398-411 Labor supply response and preferences specification: Estimates for prime-age males in Japan
by Bessho, Shun-ichiro & Hayashi, Masayoshi
- 412-426 Does family planning help the employment of women? The case of India
by Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia
2011, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 267-283 A real model of transitional growth and competitiveness in China
by Lipschitz, Leslie & Rochon, Céline & Verdier, Geneviève
- 284-294 Trade, productivity, and innovation: Firm-level evidence from Malaysian manufacturing
by Lee, Cassey
- 295-301 Border effects in the variability of rice price in the Indian subcontinent: Results from a natural experiment
by Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub
- 302-310 Trilemma and macroeconomic policies under different financial structures in Indonesia
by Hadiwibowo, Yuniarto & Komatsu, Masaaki
- 311-321 The road to recovery: Fiscal stimulus, financial sector rehabilitation, and potential risks ahead
by Zhang, Zhiwei & Zhang, Wenlang
- 322-334 A model of bank lending in the global financial crisis and the case of Korea
by Leony, Larissa & Romeu, Rafael
- 335-342 Financial development, foreign investment and economic growth in Malaysia
by Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong
2011, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 203-212 Air cargo transport in APEC: Regulation and effects on merchandise trade
by Geloso Grosso, Massimo & Shepherd, Ben
- 213-221 Factor adjustment implications of a free trade agreement between the United States and Thailand
by Clark, Don P.
- 222-234 Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia
by Cuyvers, Ludo & Soeng, Reth & Plasmans, Joseph & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel
- 235-246 Accessibility to microcredit by Chinese rural households
by Li, Xia & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding
- 247-258 Revisiting the empirical existence of the Phillips curve for India
by Singh, B. Karan & Kanakaraj, A. & Sridevi, T.O.
- 259-266 The relationship between liquidity and returns on the Chinese stock market
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei
2011, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 99-114 Capital ratios and the cross-section of bank stock returns: Evidence from Japan
by Chen, Sichong
- 115-127 Lao economic policies and effective rates of protection
by Marks, Stephen V.
- 128-141 Industrial productivity and convergence in Chinese regions: The effects of entering the world trade organisation
by Martí, Luisa & Puertas, Rosa & Fernández, J. Ismael
- 142-151 Repeat migration and remittances: Evidence from Thai migrant workers
by Lee, Sang-Hyop & Sukrakarn, Nopparat & Choi, Jin-Young
- 152-163 Do FDI spillovers vary among home economies?: Evidence from Indonesian manufacturing
by Takii, Sadayuki
- 164-173 Data revisions in India: Implications for monetary policy
by Kishor, N. Kundan
- 174-188 The effects of uncertainty dynamics on exports, imports and productivity growth
by Mahadevan, Renuka & Suardi, Sandy
- 189-201 Social safety nets and nutrient deprivation: An analysis of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Program and the Public Distribution System in India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Gaiha, Raghav
2011, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-22 Asian FTAs: Trends, prospects and challenges
by Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 23-35 Cost efficiency, determinants, and risk preferences in banking: A case of stochastic frontier analysis in the Philippines
by Manlagñit, Maria Chelo V.
- 36-47 The stock market in China: An endogenous adjustment process responding to the demands of economic reform and growth
by Xu, Lilai & Oh, K.B.
- 48-60 Taxation, human capital formation, and long-run growth with private investment in education
by Tobing, Elwin
- 61-75 Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh
- 76-83 The North Korean economy: Escape from import-led growth
by Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 84-98 Banks total factor productivity change in a developing economy: Does ownership and origins matter?
by Sufian, Fadzlan
2010, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 505-513 An empirical analysis of ASEAN's labor-intensive exports
by Thorbecke, Willem
- 514-525 US-Thailand trade at the commodity level and the role of the real exchange rate
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Satawatananon, Kaveepot
- 526-539 What does South Korean inflation targeting target?
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 540-551 A New Keynesian model for analysing monetary policy in Mainland China
by Liu, Li-gang & Zhang, Wenlang
- 552-563 Empirical modeling of Japan's markup and inflation, 1976-2000
by Kurita, Takamitsu
- 564-578 Monetary targeting for price stability in Bangladesh: How stable is its money demand function and the linkage between money supply growth and inflation?
by Hossain, Akhand Akhtar
- 579-592 Comparing marginal commodity tax reforms in Japan and Korea
by Urakawa, Kunio & Oshio, Takashi
- 593-594 A. Shah, S. Thomas and M. Gorham , India's Financial Markets: An Insider's Guide to How the Markets Work, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam (2008) pp. 241, Price: US$ 74.95, ISBN: 978-0-12-374251-3
by Viswanath, P.V.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 425-444 The external and domestic side of macroeconomic adjustment in China
by Straub, Roland & Thimann, Christian
- 445-455 Revisiting the shocking aspects of Asian monetary unification
by Genberg, Hans & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 456-465 What Drives Monetary Policy in Post-Crisis East Asia? Interest Rate or Exchange Rate Monetary Policy Rules
by Cavoli, Tony
- 466-475 An empirical assessment of the relationship between competition policy and investment
by Sudsawasd, Sasatra
- 476-484 Forecasting the Yen/U.S. Dollar exchange rate: Empirical evidence from a capital enhanced relative PPP-based model
by Grossmann, Axel & Simpson, Marc W.
- 485-493 Patterns and determinants of intra-industry trade in Asia
by Sawyer, William C. & Sprinkle, Richard L. & Tochkov, Kiril
- 494-501 Bivariate probit analysis of differences between male and female formal employment in urban China
by Chen, Guifu & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 502-503 R.F. Doner, The Politics of Uneven Development. Thailand's Economic Growth in Comparative Perspective , Cambridge University Press, New York (2009) ISBN 978-0-521-73611-4 pp. xv+351, $80.00
by Weber, Karl E.
- 504-504 T. Latter, Hong Kong's Money: The History, Logic and Operation of the Currency Peg , Hong Kong University Press (2007) ISBN 978-962-209-876-3 155 pp.
by Asdrubali, Pierfederico
2010, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 327-332 Stock returns and investment trust flows in the Japanese financial market: A system approach
by Cha, Heung-Joo & Kim, Jaebeom
- 333-344 Why is Chinese provincial output diverging?
by Westerlund, Joakim & Edgerton, David L. & Opper, Sonja
- 345-354 The economics of natural disasters in a developing country: The case of Vietnam
by Noy, Ilan & Vu, Tam Bang
- 355-364 Provincial fiscal positions and business cylce synchronization across China
by Lan, Yuexing & Sylwester, Kevin
- 365-377 Taiwanese industry competitiveness when outward FDI is defensive
by Sun, Ling & Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Chen, Yo-Chan
- 378-390 Evaluating mutual fund performance in an emerging Asian economy: The Malaysian experience
by Lai, Ming-Ming & Lau, Siok-Hwa
- 391-403 An empirical analysis of Sri Lanka's Manufacturing Productivity slow-down
by Bandara, Yapa M.W.Y. & Karunaratne, Neil D.
- 404-411 Investigating the relationship between health and economic growth: Empirical evidence from a panel of 5 Asian countries
by Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika
- 412-420 The residential demand for electricity in Japan: An examination using empirical panel analysis techniques
by Nakajima, Tadahiro
- 421-422 K.G. Karmakar, Editor, Microfinance in India, Sage Publications, New Delhi (2008) ISBN 978-0761936268 256 pp., $59.95
by Sarangapani, Alpana
- 423-424 M. Noland and H. Pack, The Arab Economies in a Changing World , Peterson Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2007) ISBN 978-0881323931 350 pp., $29.95
by Viswanath, P.V.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 239-241 The financial crisis of 2008-2009: Origins, issues, and prospects
by Claessens, Stijn & Kose, M. Ayhan
- 242-246 Monetary policy flexibility, risk management, and financial disruptions
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 247-264 The global financial crisis: How similar? How different? How costly?
by Claessens, Stijn & Ayhan Kose, M. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 265-279 Crises in Asia: Historical perspectives and implications
by Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink
- 280-292 How does the US credit crisis affect the Asia-Pacific economies?--Analysis based on a general equilibrium model
by Zhang, Wenlang & Zhang, Zhiwei & Han, Gaofeng
- 293-303 The impact of the global financial crisis on business cycles in Asian emerging economies
by Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka
- 304-313 Return and volatility spillovers among the East Asian equity markets
by Yilmaz, Kamil
- 314-326 Contagion and risk premia in the amplification of crisis: Evidence from Asian names in the global CDS market
by Kim, Don H. & Loretan, Mico & Remolona, Eli M.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 105-112 Inflation and inflation uncertainty in the ASEAN-5 economies
by Jiranyakul, Komain & Opiela, Timothy P.