Demand for labour inputs and adjustment costs: evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfann, Gerard A & Palm, Franz C, 1993.
"Asymmetric Adjustment Costs in Non-linear Labour Demand Models for the Netherlands and U.K. Manufacturing Sectors,"
Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 397-412, April.
- PFANN, Gerard & PALM, Franz, 1992. "Asymmetric adjustment costs in non-linear labour demand models for the Netherlands and UK manufacturing sectors," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 1992017, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- PFANN, Gerard A. & PALM, Franz C., . "Asymmetric adjustment costs in non-linear labour demand models for the Netherlands and U.K. manufacturing sectors," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Pfann, Gerard Antonie, 1996.
"Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand,"
CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers
1371, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983.
" Dynamic Factor Demands under Rational Expectations,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 223-38.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1982. "Dynamic factor demands under rational expectations," Working papers 1351-82., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Dynamic Factor Demands Under Rational Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1978.
"Estimation of dynamic labor demand schedules under rational expectations,"
Staff Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
27, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1978. "Estimation of Dynamic Labor Demand Schedules under Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 1009-44, December.
- javier AndrÃ©s & Jaume GarcÃa, 1991. "Una interpretaciÃ³n de las diferencias salariales entre sectores," Investigaciones Economicas, FundaciÃ³n SEPI, FundaciÃ³n SEPI, vol. 15(1), pages 143-167, January.
- Pfann, Gerald A. & Verspagen, Bart, 1989. "The structure of adjustment costs for labour in the Dutch manufacturing sector," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 365-371.
- Nadiri, M Ishaq & Rosen, Sherwin, 1969. "Interrelated Factor Demand Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 457-71, Part I Se.
- Burda, Michael C., 1991. "Monopolistic competition, costs of adjustment, and the behavior of European manufacturing employment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-79, January.
- Bresson, G & Kramarz, F & Sevestre, P, 1992. "Heterogeneous Labor and the Dynamics of Aggregate Labor Demand: Some Estimations Using Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 153-68.
- Groshen, Erica L, 1991. "Sources of Intra-industry Wage Dispersion: How Much Do Employers Matter?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 869-84, August.
- Palm, Franz C & Pfann, Gerard A, 1990. "Interrelated Demand Rational Expectations Models for Two Types of Labour," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Luigi Guiso & Luigi Pistaferri & Fabiano Schivardi, 2006. "Disentangling employment and wage rigidity," 2006 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics 536, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- RocÃo SÃ¡nchez-Mangas, 2001. "Estimation Of A Dynamic Discrete Choice Model Of Irreversible Investment," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de EstadÃstica y EconometrÃa ws015628, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de EstadÃstica y EconometrÃa.
- Cristina BarcelÃ³, 2006.
"A Q-model of labour demand,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0626, Banco de Espaï¿½a.
- Gardebroek, Cornelis, 2001. "The Impact Of Manure Production Rights On Capital Investment In The Dutch Pig Sector," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) 20490, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sandra Martina Leitner, 2008. "Interrelatedness, Dynamic Factor Adjustment Patterns and Firm Heterogeneity in Austrian Manufacturing," Economics working papers, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria 2008-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hagen, Tobias, 2001. "Does fixed-term contract employment raise firms' adjustment-speed? Evidence from an establishment panel for West-Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-57, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Luigi Guiso & Luigi Pistaferri & Fabiano Schivardi, 2007.
"Labor Adjustment: Disentangling Firing and Mobility Costs,"
Economics Working Papers, European University Institute
ECO2007/44, European University Institute.
- Guiso, Luigi & Pistaferri, Luigi & Schivardi, Fabiano, 2006. "Labour Adjustment: Disentangling Firing and Mobility Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 5787, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mahmood Arai & Fredrik Heyman, 2004. "Temporary contracts and the dynamics of job turnover," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(4), pages 1-6.
- Arai, Mahmood & Heyman, Fredrik, 2000. "Permanent and Temporary Labour: Job and Worker Flows in Sweden, 1989-1998," Working Paper, National Institute of Economic Research 71, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Soraya Roman, 2011. "Labour costs, informal economy and labor law reforms in Bolivia," Development Research Working Paper Series 08/2011, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Andrew Benito & Ignacio Hernando, 2003. "Labour demand, flexible contracts and financial factors: new evidence from Spain," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0312, Banco de Espaï¿½a.
- Andrew Benito, 2002. "Financial pressure, monetary policy effects and inventory adjustment by UK and Spanish firms," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0226, Banco de Espaï¿½a.
- Heyman, Fredrik, 2001. "Wage Dispersion and Allocation of Jobs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 479, Stockholm School of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2004:i:4:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- VÃctor Manuel Montuenga GÃ³mez & AndrÃ©s E. Romeu Santana & Melchor FernÃ¡ndez FernÃ¡ndez, 2000. "Diferencias salariales y comportamiento no competitivo en el mercado de trabajo en la industria espaÃ±ola," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia 0009, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Polder, Michael & Verick, Sher, 2004. "Dynamics of Labour and Capital Adjustment – A Comparison of Germany and the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 1212, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robertson, Raymond & Dutkowsky, Donald H., 2002. "Labor adjustment costs in a destination country: the case of Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 29-54, February.
- Sami SAAFI, 2009. "Innovations technologiques, mobilité et demande de main-d’oeuvre qualifiée. Une analyse des industries tunisiennes (Technological innovations, mobility and skilled-labour deamnd : an analysis of tunis," Working Papers 206, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Adang, Eddy M.M. & Wensing, Michel, 2008. "Economic barriers to implementation of innovations in health care: Is the long run-short run efficiency discrepancy a paradox?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 236-242, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.