Diferencias salariales y comportamiento no competitivo en el mercado de trabajo en la industria española
AbstractWage dispersion across the Spanish industrial sectors has been continuously increasing during the last years. In this work we attempt to explain this fact by studying the wage setting process prevailing in the Spanish industry. Starting from a wage equation which includes sector-specific variables related to non-competitive theories of the labour market we identify special features different from the competitive behaviour, suggest its possible origin and assess the effects over unemployment level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia in its series Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica with number 0009.
Length: 42 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Chalé dos Catedráticos, 1. Avda. das Ciencias s/n. Campus Vida, 15782 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: 981 59 11 66
Fax: 981 59 99 35
Web page: http://www.usc.es/idega/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Assar Lindbeck & Dennis J. Snower, 1989. "The Insider-Outsider Theory of Employment and Unemployment," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026262074x, December.
- Skillman, Gil, 1989. "The insider-outsider theory of employment and unemployment : Assar Lindbeck and Dennis J. Snower, (The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1988) pp. xii+285, $27.50," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 365-369, December.
- Nickell, S. & Wadhwani, S., 1989.
"Insider Forces And Wage Determination,"
334, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Nickell, Stephen & Wadhwani, Sushil B, 1989. "Insider Forces and Wage Determination," CEPR Discussion Papers 310, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nickell, S. & Wadhwani, S., 1989. "Insider Forces And Wage Determination," Economics Series Working Papers 9972, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1997.
"I just ran four million regressions,"
Economics Working Papers
201, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Burda, Michael C., 1991. "Monopolistic competition, costs of adjustment, and the behavior of European manufacturing employment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-79, January.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1985. "Sensitivity Analyses Would Help," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 308-13, June.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Dolado, Juan J., 1993. "Who Are the Insiders? Wage Setting in Spanish Manufacturing Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward E. Leamer, 1982.
"Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
239, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Luis Toharia, 1993. "The effects of fixed-term employment on wages: theory and evidence from Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 475-494, September.
- Alonso-Borrego, Cesar, 1998. "Demand for labour inputs and adjustment costs: evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 475-497, December.
- Francisco José Goerlich Gisbert & Susana García & Vicente Orts Ríos, 1994. "Macromagnitudes básicas a nivel sectorial de la industria española: series históricas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1994-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Victor Montuenga, 2005.
"Regional Unemployment in Spain: Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting,"
Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica
0035, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Bande, Roberto & Fernández, Melchor & Montuenga, Víctor, 2008. "Regional unemployment in Spain: Disparities, business cycle and wage setting," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 885-914, October.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Víctor Manuel Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain - Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," ERSA conference papers ersa05p489, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Fernandez Grela).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.