On the nature and causes of business fluctuations in Italy, 1861-2000
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Explorations in Economic History.
Volume (Year): 42 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sheffrin, Steven M., 1988. "Have economic fluctuations been dampened? : A look at evidence outside the United States," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 73-83, January.
- Chadha, Bankim & Prasad, Eswar, 1994.
"Are prices countercyclical? Evidence from the G-7,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 239-257, October.
- Pakko, Michael R, 2000.
"The Cyclical Relationship between Output and Prices: An Analysis in the Frequency Domain,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 382-99, August.
- Michael R. Pakko, 1997. "The cyclical relationship between output and prices: an analysis in the frequency domain," Working Papers 1997-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Barry Eichengreen and Richard S. Grossman., 1994.
"Debt Deflation and Financial Instability: Two Historical Explorations,"
Economics Working Papers
94-231, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Grossman, Richard S., 1994. "Debt Deflation and Financial Instability: Two Historical Explorations," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7kj202cz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1992.
"International Evidence on the Historical Properties of Business Cycles,"
92-5, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1992. "International Evidence of the Historical Properties of Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 864-88, September.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1991. "International evidence on the historical properties of business cycles," Staff Report 145, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Romer, Christina D, 1986. "Is the Stabilization of the Postwar Economy a Figment of the Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 314-34, June.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1990. "Business cycles: real facts and a monetary myth," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 3-18.
- Giuseppe Schlitzer, 1995. "Have economic fluctuations been dampened? New empirical evidence from Italy," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 387-397, October.
- Susanto Basu & Alan M. Taylor, 1999.
"Business Cycles in International Historical Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
7090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susanto Basu & Alan M. Taylor, 1999. "Business Cycles in International Historical Perspective," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 45-68, Spring.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995.
"Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series,"
NBER Working Papers
5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999. "Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Peter Temin, 1998. "Causes of American business cycles: an essay in economic historiography," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 42(Jun), pages 37-64.
- Lucas, Robert E., 1977. "Understanding business cycles," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-29, January.
- Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 1999.
"Business cycle fluctuations in us macroeconomic time series,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-64
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1998. "Business Cycle Fluctuations in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 6528, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holger C. Wolf, 1991. "Procyclical prices: a demi-myth?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 25-28.
- Mattesini, Fabrizio & Quintieri, Beniamino, 1997. "Italy and the Great Depression: An Analysis of the Italian Economy, 1929-1936," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 265-294, July.
- Domenico Delli Gatti, Mauro Gallegati, Gianfranco Giulioni, Antonio Palestrini, -DISCUSSANT: Thomas Brenner, 2000.
"Financial Fragility, Patterns Of Firms' Entry And Exit And Aggregate Dynamics,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2000
282, Society for Computational Economics.
- Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Giulioni, Gianfranco & Palestrini, Antonio, 2003. "Financial fragility, patterns of firms' entry and exit and aggregate dynamics," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 79-97, May.
- Bergman, U. Michael & Bordo, Michael D. & Jonung, Lars, 1998.
"Historical Evidence on Business Cycles: The International Experience,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
255, Stockholm School of Economics.
- U. Michael Bergman & Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1998. "Historical evidence on business cycles: the international experience," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 42(Jun), pages 65-119.
- Peter Temin, 1998. "The Causes of American Business Cycles: An Essay in Economic Historiography," NBER Working Papers 6692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almeida, Pedro Cameira de & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2011.
"A assimetria dos ciclos económicos: Evidência internacional usando o teste triples
[The asymmetry of business cycles: International evidence using triples test]," MPRA Paper 35208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sella, Lisa & Marchionatti, Roberto & Cassata, Francesco, 2010. "Economic Growth and Cycles in Italy, 1881-1913 Luigi Einaudi’s Interpretation Revisited," CESMEP Working Papers 201005, University of Turin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.