Rural industry and labor market integration in eastern China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 59 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-94, July.
- Magnac, Th, 1991. "Segmented or Competitive Labor Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 165-87, January.
- Dickens, William T & Lang, Kevin, 1985.
"A Test of Dual Labor Market Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 792-805, September.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren, 1995. "Markets, Discrimination, and the Economic Contribution of Women in China: Historical Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 63-104, October.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1984. "Tests for the Bivariate Normal Distribution in Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 843-63, July.
- Putterman, Louis, 1997. "On the past and future of china's township and village-owned enterprises," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1639-1655, October.
- Heckman, James J & Sedlacek, Guilherme L, 1990. "Self-selection and the Distribution of Hourly Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages S329-63, January.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017.
- Yang, Dennis, 1995.
"Education and Off-Farm Work,"
95-09, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Dennis Tao, 2000.
"Education and Allocative Efficiency: Household Income Growth during Rural Reforms in China,"
00-17, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Tao Yang, Dennis, 2004. "Education and allocative efficiency: household income growth during rural reforms in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 137-162, June.
- Linda Y. Yueh, 2001. "An Investment Model of Social Capital with Empirical Application to Women`s Labour Market Outcomes in Urban China," Economics Series Working Papers 83, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Jia, Lili & Petrick, Martin, 2012.
"How land fragmentation affects off-farm labor supply in China: Evidence from household panel data,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
126263, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jia, Lili & Petrick, Martin, 2011. "How land fragmentation affects off-farm labor supply in China: Evidence from household panel data," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114522, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- repec:oxf:wpaper:083 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jia, Lili, 2012. "Land fragmentation and off-farm labor supply in China," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 66, number 66, February.
- Bowlus, Audra J. & Sicular, Terry, 2003. "Moving toward markets? Labor allocation in rural China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 561-583, August.
- SHI, Xiaoping & Heerink, Nico & Qu, Futian, 2007. "Choices between different off-farm employment sub-categories: An empirical analysis for Jiangxi Province, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 438-455.
- Fleischer, Belton M. & Yang, Dennis T., 2003. "Labor laws and regulations in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 426-433.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi, 2012. "Development of land rental market and its effect on household farming in rural China : an empirical study in Zhejiang Province," IDE Discussion Papers 323, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Fang, Hai & Eggleston, Karen N. & Rizzo, John A. & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2010.
"Female Employment and Fertility in Rural China,"
Working Paper Series
rwp10-011, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Terry Sicular & Yaohui Zhao, 2002. "Earnings and Labor Mobility in Rural China: Implications for China's WTO Entry," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20028, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Fang, Hai & Eggleston, Karen N. & Rizzo, John A. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2012. "Jobs and Kids: Female Employment and Fertility in China," Working Paper Series rwp12-054, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Zhong Zhao, 2005. "Migration, Labor Market Flexibility, and Wage Determination in China: A Review," Labor and Demography 0507009, EconWPA.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2006. "Chinese Rural Industrialisation in the Context of the East Asian Miracle," Working Papers id:647, eSocialSciences.
- Xiao-yuan Dong & Paul Bowles, 2002. "Segmentation et discrimination dans le marché du travail émergent de l'industrie chinoise," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 16(3), pages 73-111.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.