An Institutional Approach to the Examination of Food Safety
AbstractThe IFAMR is the official journal of IFAMA. www.ifama.org
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA) in its journal International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
food safety; institutions; separating equilibrium.; Agribusiness; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; Risk and Uncertainty; Q10;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Sébastien Pouliot & Daniel A. Sumner, 2008.
"Traceability, Liability, and Incentives for Food Safety and Quality,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(1), pages 15-27.
- Pouliot, Sebastien & Sumner, Daniel A., 2010. "Traceability, Liability, and Incentives for Food Safety and Quality," Staff General Research Papers 32126, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pouliot, Sebastien & Sumner, Daniel A., 2006. "Traceability, Liability and Incentives for Food Safety and Quality," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21121, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Golan, Elise H. & Roberts, Tanya & Salay, Elisabete & Caswell, Julie A. & Ollinger, Michael & Moore, Danna L., 2004. "Food Safety Innovation In The United States: Evidence From The Meat Industry," Agricultural Economics Reports 34083, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Loader, Rupert & Hobbs, Jill E., 1999. "Strategic responses to food safety legislation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 685-706, December.
- Randall E. Westgren, 1999. "Delivering Food Safety, Food Quality, and Sustainable Production Practices: The Label Rouge Poultry System in France," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1107-1111.
- Michael Boehlje, 1999. "Structural Changes in the Agricultural Industries: How Do We Measure, Analyze and Understand Them?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1028-1041.
- Thomas L. Sporleder & Peter D. Goldsmith, 2001. "Alternative Firm Strategies for Signaling Quality in the Food System," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 49(4), pages 591-604, December.
- Robert P. King & Gé B. C. Backus & Monique A. van der Gaag, 2007. "Incentive systems for food quality control with repeated deliveries: Salmonella control in pork production," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(1), pages 81-104, March.
- Nesve A. Turan Brewster & Peter D. Goldsmith, 2007. "Legal systems, institutional environment, and food safety," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(1), pages 23-38, 01.
- S. Andrew Starbird, 2005. "Moral Hazard, Inspection Policy, and Food Safety," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 15-27.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1998. "Quality expectations, reputation, and price," MPRA Paper 9774, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman, 1999. "Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 669-683, December.
- Alessandro Banterle & Stefanella Stranieri, 2008. "Information, labelling, and vertical coordination: an analysis of the Italian meat supply networks," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 320-331.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2005. "Minimum quality standards, premium private labels, and European meat and fresh produce retailing," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 270-283, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Moises A. Resende-Filho & Brian L. Buhr, 2008. "A Principal-Agent Model for Evaluating the Economic Value of a Traceability System: A Case Study with Injection-site Lesion Control in Fed Cattle," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1091-1102.
- Starbird, S. Andrew & Amanor-Boadu, Vincent & Roberts, Tanya, 2008. "Traceability, Moral Hazard, and Food Safety," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43840, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jongwook Kim & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2005. "Property rights theory, transaction costs theory, and agency theory: an organizational economics approach to strategic management," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 223-242.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Sven Anders, 2008. "Imperfect Competition in German Food Retailing: Evidence from State Level Data," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(4), pages 441-454, December.
- Michael Sykuta & Harvey S. James, 2004. "Organizational Economics Research in the U.S. Agricultural Sector and the Contracting and Organizations Research Institute," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 756-761.
- Shapiro, Carl, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-79, November.
- Resende-Filho, Moises & Buhr, Brian, 2006. "A Principal-Agent Model for Evaluating the Economic Value of a Beef Traceability System: A Case Study with Injection-site Lesions Control in Fed Cattle," MPRA Paper 467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.