The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy
2006, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-29 Increasing Returns, Input-Output Linkages, and Technological Leapfrogging
by Gallo Fredrik
- 1-28 Relative Performance, Risk and Entry in the Mutual Fund Industry
by Loranth Gyongyi & Sciubba Emanuela
- 1-27 Credit Constraints and Contract Enforcement
by Powers Dennis
- 1-25 Public Complaints and Alberta's Environmental Regulation
by Eckert Heather L
- 1-24 The Impact of Digital File Sharing on the Music Industry: An Empirical Analysis
by Michel Norbert J
- 1-23 The Effects of Political Action Committee Contributions on Medical Liability Legislation
by Wolaver Amy M & Magee Christopher S
- 1-19 The Relationship between Beer Taxes, Other Alcohol Policies, and Child Homicide Deaths
by Sen Bisakha
- 1-16 Absorptive Capacity in R&D Joint Ventures When Basic Research Is Costly
by Frascatore Mark R.
- 1-14 A Simple Model of Entry That Increases Price Levels and Price Dispersion
by Zhou Wen
2006, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 1-39 Using Choice Experiments to Value Non-Market Goods and Services: Evidence from Field Experiments
by List John A. & Sinha Paramita & Taylor Michael H.
- 1-52 Are Experienced Managers Experts at Overcoming Coordination Failure?
by Cooper David J
- 1-30 ...Plus Shipping and Handling: Revenue (Non) Equivalence in Field Experiments on eBay
by Hossain Tanjim & Morgan John
- 1-28 The Evolution of Cooperative Norms: Evidence from a Natural Field Experiment
by Bandiera Oriana & Barankay Iwan & Rasul Imran
- 1-24 Deposit Collectors
by Ashraf Nava & Karlan Dean & Yin Wesley
- 1-22 An Experimental Investigation of Sexual Discrimination in Hiring in the English Labor Market
by Riach Peter A & Rich Judith
2006, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-14 Voting on Tariff and Retaliation
by van Ypersele Tanguy
- 1-50 A Distributional Analysis of the Gender Earnings Gap in Urban China
by Millimet Daniel L & Wang Le
- 1-47 Administrative Delays as Barriers to Trade
by Regibeau Pierre M & Rockett Katharine E
- 1-44 Deposit Insurance Altered the Composition of Bank Suspensions during the 1920s: Evidence from the Archives of the Board of Governors
by Chung Ching-Yi & Richardson Gary
- 1-40 Public Goods Provision and Well-Being: Empirical Evidence Consistent with the Warm Glow Theory
by Videras Julio R & Owen Ann L
- 1-38 The Determinants of Pharmaceutical Research and Development Investments
by Civan Abdulkadir & Maloney Michael T.
- 1-36 Trade and Contract Enforcement
by Anderson James E & Young Leslie
- 1-35 Measurement Error in Schooling: Evidence from Samples of Siblings and Identical Twins
by Light Audrey & Flores-Lagunes Alfonso
- 1-34 Why Tariffs, Not Subsidies? A Search for Stylized Facts
by Ederington Josh & Minier Jenny
- 1-33 Rational or Confused Polluters? Evidence from Hazardous Waste Compliance
by Stafford Sarah L
- 1-32 Managed Care and Physician Incentives: The Effects of Competition on the Cost and Quality of Care
by Cooper David J. & Rebitzer James B
- 1-31 Commercial Development of University Research: The Role of Patents
by Bhole Bharat
- 1-30 A Dynamic Analysis of Child Labor with a Variable Rate of Discount: Some Policy Implications
by Das Satya P & Deb Rajat
- 1-29 Consumer Product Labels, Child Labor and Educational Attainment
by Brown Drusilla K
- 1-28 Social Interactions and the Digital Divide: Identification and Policy Implications
by Miniaci Raffaele & Parisi Maria Laura
- 1-27 The Effect of Switching Private Insurance Plans on Health Care Utilization
by Liu Fei & Zimmer David M.
- 1-26 Tariff Evasion and Customs Corruption: Does Pre-Shipment Inspection Help?
by Anson Jose & Cadot Olivier & Olarreaga Marcelo
- 1-25 Disability Insurance Adjudication Criteria and the Incidence of Hard-to-Diagnose Medical Conditions
by Campolieti Michele
- 1-24 Modeling Addictive Consumption as an Infectious Disease
by Alamar Benjamin & Glantz Stanton A.
- 1-22 Quality and Consumer Choice in Healthcare: Evidence from Kidney Transplantation
by Howard David H
- 1-20 Can Supply Restrictions Lower Price? Violence, Drug Dealing and Positional Advantage
by Caulkins Jonathan P & Reuter Peter & Taylor Lowell J
- 1-17 Tariffs and Firm-Level Heterogeneous Fixed Export Costs
by Jørgensen Jan Guldager & Schröder Philipp J. H.
2005, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 1-26 Instrument-Induced Bias in Donation Mechanisms: Evidence from the Field
by Norwood Bailey & Lusk Jayson L
- 1-39 Online Fund-Raising Mechanisms: A Field Experiment
by Chen Yan & Li Xin & MacKie-Mason Jeffrey K
- 1-25 Competitive Work Environments and Social Preferences: Field Experimental Evidence from a Japanese Fishing Community
by Carpenter Jeffrey P & Seki Erika
- 1-21 Does Framing Matter for Conditional Cooperation? Evidence from a Natural Field Experiment
by Meier Stephan
2005, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-21 The Effects of Fiscal Competition on Local Property and Income Tax Reliance
by Spry John Arthur
- 1-48 The Origins of Anti-Immigrant Sentiments: Evidence from the Heartland in the Age of Mass Migration
by Richardson Gary
- 1-45 Risk and Career Choice
by Saks Raven E & Shore Stephen H
- 1-35 A Calculator for Energy Consumption Changes Arising from New Technologies
by Saunders Harry D
- 1-34 Do Local Relative Factor Supplies Affect Local Relative Factor Prices?
by Saad-Lessler Joelle
- 1-33 Religious Giving, Non-religious Giving, and After-life Consumption
by Chang Wen-Chun
- 1-32 Religious Market Structure, Religious Participation, and Outcomes: Is Religion Good for You?
by Gruber Jonathan H
- 1-31 Bounding Treatment Effects with Contaminated and Censored Data: Assessing the Impact of Early Childbearing on Children
by Mullin Charles H
- 1-30 Vertical Foreign Direct Investment, Welfare, and Employment
by Elberfeld Walter & Götz Georg & Stähler Frank
- 1-29 Optimal Taxation with Cournot Oligopoly
by Reinhorn Leslie J.
- 1-28 Slotting Allowances and Optimal Product Variety
by Shaffer Greg
- 1-27 Price Discrimination and Smuggling of AIDS Drugs
by Hornbeck Richard A.
- 1-25 Gains from Trade in Government Revenue and Pareto-Efficient International Taxation
by Edwards Jeremy
- 1-24 Do People Value Racial Diversity? Evidence from Nielsen Ratings
by Aldrich Eric M & Arcidiacono Peter S. & Vigdor Jacob L
- 1-21 A Modigliani-Miller Theory of Altruistic Corporate Social Responsibility
by Graff Zivin Joshua & Small Arthur
- 1-20 The Role of Immigration in the Retirement Age Reform : A Theoretical Analysis
by Lagos Francisco & Lacomba Juan
- 1-19 The Payment of Hospital Services: a Waiting Lists Model
by Ferrari Dr. Alessandra
- 1-17 File Sharing and International Sales of Copyrighted Music: An Empirical Analysis with a Panel of Countries
by Zentner Alejandro
2005, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-20 Media Competition on the Internet
by Barros Pedro P & Kind Hans Jarle & Nilssen Tore & Sørgard Lars
- 1-45 An Index For Venture Capital, 1987-2003
by Hwang Min & Quigley John M. & Woodward Susan E.
- 1-34 A Test for Collusion between a Bidder and an Auctioneer in Sealed-Bid Auctions
by Ingraham Allan T
- 1-33 Entry-Level Products with Consumer Learning
by Johnson Justin P
- 1-32 A Theory of Health Disparities and Medical Technology
by Goldman Dana P & Lakdawalla Darius N.
- 1-30 Competition Policy and Exit Rates: Evidence from Switzerland
by Buehler Stefan & Kaiser Christian & Jaeger Franz
- 1-29 On-the-Job Learning, Firing Costs and Employment
by Díaz-Vázquez Pilar & Snower Dennis J & Arjona-Béjar Luis E
- 1-28 Electoral Competition and Redistribution with Rationally Informed Voters
by Larcinese Valentino
- 1-23 Fatalistic Tendencies: An Explanation of Why People Don't Save
by Wu Stephen
- 1-17 The Effect of the Nonprofit Motive on Hospital Competitive Behavior
by Harrison Teresa D. & Lybecker Kristina M.
- 1-16 Uncertain R&D and the Porter Hypothesis
by Popp David
- 1-14 Do Economists Recognize an Opportunity Cost When They See One? A Dismal Performance from the Dismal Science
by Ferraro Paul J & Taylor Laura O
2005, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-27 Trade Pessimists vs Technology Optimists: Induced Technical Change and Pollution Havens
by Di Maria Corrado & Smulders Sjak A.
- 1-28 Unbundling the Pollution Haven Hypothesis
by Taylor M. Scott
2005, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-18 Access Charges in the Presence of Call Externalities
by Berger Ulrich
2005, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-18 Second-Best Pollution Taxation and Environmental Quality
by Gaube Thomas
2004, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-57 Entrepreneurship and Household Saving
by Gentry William M. & Hubbard R. Glenn
- 1-9 Using Placebo Laws to Test "More Guns, Less Crime"
by Helland Eric & Tabarrok Alexander
- 1-56 Political and Economic Forces Sustaining Social Security
by Mulligan Casey B & Sala-i-Martin Xavier
- 1-49 Foreign Portfolio Investment Improves Performance: Evidence from the Czech Republic
by Weiss Andrew & Nikitin Georgiy A
- 1-47 The Selection Effects (and Lack Thereof) in Patent Litigation: Evidence from Trials
by Marco Alan C.
- 1-45 Time In Purgatory: Examining the Grant Lag for U.S. Patent Applications
by Popp David & Juhl Ted & Johnson Daniel K.N.
- 1-41 An Economic Assessment of Parents' Self-Composure: The Case of Physical Child Abuse
by Agee Mark D & Crocker Thomas & Shogren Jason F
- 1-40 Estimating Productivity When Primal and Dual TFP Accounting Fail: An Illustration Using Singapore's Industries
by Kee Hiau Looi
- 1-37 Spatial Competition and Merger
by Higgins Richard S & Johnson Paul A & Sullivan John T
- 1-35 WTO Negotiations on Market Access in Agriculture: a Comparison of Alternative Tariff Cut Proposals for the EU and the US
by Bureau Jean-Christophe & Salvatici Luca
- 1-34 Race, Ethnicity, and Gender Differences in the Relationship Between Substance Use and Adolescent Sexual Behavior
by Averett Susan L & Rees Daniel I & Duncan Brian & Argys Laura
- 1-30 Retirement Incentives and Couples' Retirement Decisions
by Coile Courtney
- 1-29 What Do We Know About Cross-subsidization? Evidence from Merging Firms
by Chevalier Judith
- 1-28 Interest Groups and Get Out the Vote Drives
by Cadigan John
- 1-27 Producers and Predators in a Multiple Community Setting
by Han Shinkyoo & Ochs Jack
- 1-26 HIV Testing: a Trojan Horse?
by Mechoulan Stéphane
- 1-25 Economic Voting in U.S. Presidential Elections: Who Blames Whom for What
by Eisenberg Daniel & Ketcham Jonathan
- 1-24 Public Venture Capital, Occupational Choice, and Entrepreneurship
by Secrieru Oana & Vigneault Marianne
- 1-23 Global Health Warnings on Tobacco Packaging: Evidence from the Canadian Experiment
by Gospodinov Nikolay & Irvine Ian J.
- 1-22 Citizens Should Vote on Secession
by Eerola Essi & Määttänen Niku & Poutvaara Panu
- 1-21 Toll Competition Among Congested Roads
by Engel Eduardo M & Fischer Ronald & Galetovic Alexander
- 1-20 Measuring the Impact of Welfare Benefits on Welfare Durations: State Stratified Partial Likelihood and Fixed Effect Approaches
by Fitzgerald John M
- 1-17 An Empirical Analysis of Gambling Addiction: Results from the Case of Taiwan
by Chang Wen-Chun
- 1-12 A Note on Weak Double Dividends
by Metcalf Gilbert E. & Babiker Mustafa H. & Reilly John
2004, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-28 The Unintended Disincentive in the Clean Air Act
by List John A. & Millimet Daniel L & McHone Warren
- 1-32 Testing for Pollution Havens Inside and Outside of Regional Trading Blocs
by Kahn Matthew E & Yoshino Yutaka
- 1-28 Trade Integration and Political Turbulence: Environmental Policy Consequences
by Fredriksson Per G & Mani Muthukumara
- 1-27 Unilateral Emission Reductions and Cross-Country Technology Spillovers
by Golombek Rolf & Hoel Michael
- 1-26 Managed Trade, Trade Liberalisation and Local Pollution
by Regibeau Pierre M & Gallegos Alberto
- 1-24 Trade Liberalization and Pollution Havens
by Ederington Josh & Levinson Arik & Minier Jenny
2004, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-22 Contestable Licensing
by Neeman Zvika & Orosel Gerhard Oskar
- 1-7 Willingness to Pay for Environmental Quality: Testable Empirical Implications of the Growth and Environment Literature: Comment
by Bloom David E & Sevilla Jaypee
- 1-46 Cost Recovery, Efficiency, and Economic Organization for Water Utilities
by Loehman Edna T.
- 1-45 A Minimum of Rivalry: Evidence from Transition Economies on the Importance of Competition for Innovation and Growth
by Carlin Wendy & Schaffer Mark & Seabright Paul
- 1-40 Race and the Digital Divide
by Fairlie Robert W
- 1-34 Do Parents Value Changes in Test Scores? High Stakes Testing in Texas
by Dills Angela K.
- 1-31 Willingness to Pay for Environmental Quality: Testable Empirical Implications of the Growth and Environment Literature
by Israel Debra & Levinson Arik
- 1-29 Why Do the Poor and the Less-Educated Pay More for Long-Distance Calls?
by Hausman Jerry A. & Sidak J. Gregory
- 1-26 How Does Job Loss Affect the Timing of Retirement?
by Chan Sewin & Stevens Ann H
- 1-25 Robin Hood's Compromise: The Economics of Moderate Land Reforms
by Bandiera Oriana & Levy Gilat
- 1-23 Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Additional Theory and Evidence
by Dharmapala Dhammika & Ross Stephen L
- 1-22 A Model of Welfare-Reducing Settlement
by Wickelgren Abraham L.
- 1-21 Anti-trade Bias in Trade Policy and General Equilibrium
by Limao Nuno & Panagariya Arvind
- 1-20 Poverty Measurement Under Risk Aversion Using Panel Data
by Cruces Guillermo & Makdissi Paul & Wodon Quentin T.
- 1-19 Information, the Introduction of Roths, and IRA Participation
by Hrung Warren B.
- 1-14 Instrumental Variables for Binary Treatments with Heterogenous Treatment Effects: A Simple Exposition
by Manning Alan
2003, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-23 Pollution Abatement Expenditure by U.S. Manufacturing Plants: Do Community Characteristics Matter?
by Becker Randy A
- 1-34 Pollution Havens and Foreign Direct Investment: Dirty Secret or Popular Myth?
by Javorcik Beata Smarzynska & Wei Shang-Jin
- 1-30 Environmental Regulation and International Trade: Empirical Results for Germany, the Netherlands and the US, 1977-1992
by Mulatu Abay & Florax Raymond J.G.M. & Withagen Cees
- 1-27 Pollution Havens and the Regulation of Multinationals with Asymmetric Information
by Wu Xiaodong
- 1-26 Does Trade Promote Environmental Coordination?: Pollution in International Rivers
by Sigman Hilary
- 1-23 Environmental Policy, Population Dynamics and Agglomeration
by Elbers Chris & Withagen Cees
- 1-22 Cross-Country Policy Harmonization with Rent-Seeking
by Hultberg Patrik T & Barbier Edward B
- 1-19 Environmental Regulation as Export Promotion: Product Standards for Dirty Intermediate Goods
by McAusland Carol
2003, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-20 Do Publicly Traded Corporations Act in the Public Interest?
by Gordon Roger H.
- 1-47 Spillovers from Local Market Human Capital and the Spatial Distribution of Productivity in Malaysia
by Conley Timothy G. & Flyer Fredrick & Tsiang Grace R
- 1-45 Protection and the Business Cycle
by Bagwell Kyle & Staiger Robert W.
- 1-36 Welfare Reform and Non-Marital Fertility in the 1990s: Evidence from Birth Records
by Joyce Ted & Kaestner Robert & Korenman Sanders
- 1-33 Legal Hold-up in Cotenancy
by Baucells Manel & Lippman Steven A.
- 1-25 The Geography of Intra-Industry Trade: empirics
by Venables Anthony J. & Rice Patricia G. & Stewart Martin
- 1-24 Does Federal Research Funding Increase University Research Output?
by Payne A. Abigail & Siow Aloysius
- 1-23 Preventive Health Care and Payment Systems
by Barros Pedro P & Martinez-Giralt Xavier
- 1-22 Incentives to Invest in Transport Cost Reduction - Conceptual Issues and an Application to Electronic Commerce
by Bandulet Martin & Morasch Karl
- 1-21 Ethnic Ties and the Provision of Credit: Relationship-Level Evidence from African Firms
by Fisman Raymond J
- 1-20 What Determines Environmental Performance at Paper Mills? The Roles of Abatement Spending, Regulation, and Efficiency
by Shadbegian Ronald J & Gray Wayne B
- 1-19 Can Price Discrimination be Bad for Firms and Good for All Consumers? A Theoretical Analysis of Cross-Market Price Constraints with Entry and Product Differentiation
by Azar Ofer H
- 1-18 Mergers and Deterrence
by Richards Daniel J
- 1-14 Federal Tax Benefits for Child Care: Progressivity Over Time, EGTRRA, and the Alternative Minimum Tax
by Eiler John R & Hrung Warren B.
- 1-12 Real Options, Conflicting Valuations, and Favoritism
by Arya Anil & Glover Jonathan
- 1-11 National Treatment and the Choice Between Exports and FDI
by Hoekman Bernard & Saggi Kamal
2003, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-43 Aggregation of Non Stationary Demand Systems
by Adda Jérôme & Robin Jean-Marc
- 1-53 Ethnicity and Networks in African Trade
by Fafchamps Marcel
- 1-34 Price Discrimination via Proprietary Aftermarkets
by Emch Eric R.
- 1-31 Selective Information Provision and Special Interest Influence: The Case of Trade Policy
by Belfrage Carl-Johan
- 1-29 Cigarette Demand, Structural Change, and Advertising Bans: International Evidence, 1970-1995
by Nelson Jon P.
- 1-28 Optimal Liability for Libel
by Bar-Gill Oren & Hamdani Assaf
- 1-27 The Spite Motive and Equilibrium Behavior in Auctions
by Morgan John & Steiglitz Ken & Reis George
- 1-24 Piracy and the Legitimate Demand for Recorded Music
by Hui Kai-Lung & Png Ivan
- 1-22 Suggested Subsidies are Sub-optimal Unless Combined with an Output Tax
by Fullerton Don & Mohr Robert D.
- 1-21 A Theory of Utilization Review
by Dranove David & Spier Kathryn E.
- 1-19 Endogenous Preferential Trade Agreements: An Empirical Analysis
by Magee Christopher S
- 1-18 Oligopoly Deregulation and the Taxation of Commodities
by Metcalf Gilbert E. & Norman George
- 1-16 Forming Voting Blocs and Coalitions as a Prisoner's Dilemma: A Possible Theoretical Explanation for Political Instability
by Gelman Andrew
2002, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-15 On Vertical Differentiation Under Bertrand and Cournot: When Input Quality has Upward Sloping Supply
by Frascatore Mark R.
- 1-45 A Laboratory Study of Customer Markets
by Cason Timothy N. & Friedman Daniel
- 1-38 Tax Reform and Human Capital Accumulation: Evidence from an Empirical General Equilibrium Model of Skill Formation
by Taber Christopher
- 1-36 Subsidized Housing, Emergency Shelters, and Homelessness: An Empirical Investigation Using Data from the 1990 Census
by Early Dirk W. & Olsen Edgar O.
- 1-28 Is More for the Poor Less for the Poor? The Politics of Means-Tested Targeting
by Gelbach Jonah B. & Pritchett Lant
- 1-24 Cost Optimization in the SIS Model of Infectious Disease with Treatment
by Goldman Steven Marc & Lightwood James
- 1-21 System Components, Network Effects, and Bundling
by Clements Matthew T.
- 1-20 Ambient environmental inspections and commitment towards enforcement policies: substitutes or complements?
by Franckx Laurent
- 1-19 Income Redistribution and Risky Occupational Choices
by Poutvaara Panu
- 1-18 The Costs of A Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit
by Goldman Dana P & Joyce Geoffrey F & Malkin Jesse Dylan
- 1-17 The Uncertain Wage - Effort Hypothesis and Wage Secrecy
by Gan Li
- 1-15 The Optimal Provision of Services in National Parks
by Turner Robert W.
- 1-11 Threats Without Binding Commitment
by Shavell Steven & Spier Kathryn E.
2002, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-15 Trade Tax Reform in a Small Open Economy with Distributional Objectives and Distortionary Taxation
by Edwards Jeremy
- 1-61 An Assessment of the Proposals of the President's Commission to Strengthen Social Security
by Diamond Peter & Orszag Peter R.
- 1-52 Complexity, Bounded Rationality and Heuristic Search
by MacLeod W. Bentley
- 1-44 Credits, Crises, and Capital Controls: A Microeconomic Analysis
by Neeman Zvika & Orosel Gerhard Oskar
- 1-27 Optimal Environmental Regulation in the Presence of Other Taxes: The Role of Non-separable Preferences and Technology
by Kim Seung-Rae
- 1-26 Patent Theory versus Patent Law
by Tabarrok Alexander
- 1-24 The Effects of Social Security Privatization on Household Saving: Evidence from Chile
by Coronado Julia Lynn
- 1-22 Why Governments Should Tax Mobile Capital in the Presence of Unemployment
by Koskela Erkki & Schöb Ronnie
- 1-21 Testing the Economic Model of Crime:The National Hockey League's Two-Referee Experiment
by Levitt Steven D.
- 1-20 Collusive Bidding in the FCC Spectrum Auctions
by Cramton Peter & Schwartz Jesse A
- 1-18 Road Warrior Booty: Prize Structures in Motorcycle Racing
by Maloney Michael T. & Terkun Kristina
2001, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-39 Explaining Incomplete Contracts as the Result of Contract-Reading Costs
by Rasmusen Eric Bennett
- 1-33 Lobbying and Legislative Bargaining
by Helpman Elhanan & Persson Torsten
- 1-30 Home Bias in Portfolios and Taxation of Asset Income
by Gordon Roger Hall & Gaspar Vitor
- 1-19 Pension systems in integrated capital markets
by Casarico Alessandra