Citations for "Voting in a Local School Election: A Micro Analysis"
by Rubinfeld, Daniel L
- R. Lankford, 1986. "Property taxes, tax-cost illusion and desired education expenditures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 79-97, January.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, . "The Demand for Educational Quality: Comparing Estimates from a Median Voter Model with those from an Almost Ideal Demand System," Departmental Working Papers 2005-16, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Daniel Rubinfeld & Randall Thomas, 1980. "On the economics of voter turnout in local school elections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 315-331, January.
- David M. Cutler & Douglas W. Elmendorf & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1993.
"Demographic Characteristics and the Public Bundle,"
NBER Working Papers
4283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunner, Eric & Balsdon, Ed, 2004.
"Intergenerational conflict and the political economy of school spending,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 369-388, September.
- Ed Baldson & Eric Brunner, 2003. "Intergenerational Conflict and the Political Economy of School Spending," Working papers 2003-24, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler & Douglas W. Elmendorf & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1997.
"Restraining the Leviathan: Property Tax Limitation in Massachusetts,"
NBER Working Papers
6196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David M. & Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1999. "Restraining the Leviathan: property tax limitation in Massachusetts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 313-334, March.
- David M. Cutler & Douglas W. Elmendorf & Richard Zeckhauser, 1997. "Restraining the Leviathan: property tax limitations in Massachusetts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-47, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Blomquist, Glenn C. & Coomes, Paul A. & Jepsen, Christopher & Koford, Brandon C. & Troske, Kenneth, 2009.
"Estimating the Social Value of Higher Education: Willingness to Pay for Community and Technical Colleges,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blomquist Glenn C. & Troske Kenneth R. & Coomes Paul A. & Jepsen Christopher & Koford Brandon C., 2014. "Estimating the social value of higher education: willingness to pay for community and technical colleges," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 39, January.
- Robert Stein & Keith Hamm & Patricia Freeman, 1983. "An analysis of support for tax limitation referenda," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 187-194, January.
- Gross, John, 1995. "Heterogeneity of preferences for local public goods: The case of private expenditure on public education," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 103-127, May.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Ehrenberg, Randy A. & Smith, Christopher L. & Zhang, Liang, 2004.
"Why Do School District Budget Referenda Fail?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1053, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Mehay & Kenneth Seiden, 1986. "Municipal residency laws and local public budgets," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 27-35, January.
- Miller, Cynthia, 1996. "Demographics and spending for public education: a test of interest group influence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 175-185, April.
- Masako Kimura & Daishin Yasui, 2008.
"Public Provision of Private Child Goods,"
KIER Working Papers
662, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Shawn M. Powers, 2004.
"Explaining The Appearance and Success of Voter Referenda For Open-Space Conservation,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2004-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Powers, Shawn M., 2006. "Explaining the appearance and success of voter referenda for open-space conservation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 373-390, July.
- Brasington, David M., 1999. "Joint provision of public goods: the consolidation of school districts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 373-393, September.
- Rockoff, Jonah E., 2010. "Local response to fiscal incentives in heterogeneous communities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 138-147, September.
- James M. Poterba, 1997.
"Demographic structure and the political economy of public education,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 48-66.
- James M. Poterba, 1996. "Demographic Structure and the Political Economy of Public Education," NBER Working Papers 5677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Ferris, 1985. "Interrelationships among public spending preferences: A micro analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 139-153, January.
- Gradstein, Mark & Kaganovich, Michael, 2003.
"Aging Population and Education Finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Felix Schlapfer & Anna Roschewitz & Nick Hanley, . "Contingent valuation and real referendum behaviour," Working Papers 2001_8, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Kenneth Mackenzie, 1999. "Diseño institucional y política pública: una perspectiva microeconómica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 1(1), pages 17-58, July-dece.
- Stair, Anthony & Rephann, Terance J. & Heberling, Matt, 2006. "Demand for public education: Evidence from a rural school district," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 521-531, October.
- Weck-Hannemann, Hannelore, 1989. "Protectionism in direct democracy," Discussion Papers, Series II 79, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Eugenia Toma & James Long, 1987. "Public employees' consumption of government goods: The case of education," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 289-296, January.
- Donald Haurin & H. Gill, 1984. "The spatial distribution of public services: A structural model of voting, educational production, and the government's allocation of educational inputs," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 481-500, January.
- Ladd, Helen F. & Murray, Sheila E., 2001. "Intergenerational conflict reconsidered: county demographic structure and the demand for public education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 343-357, August.
- Schlapfer, Felix & Roschewitz, Anna & Hanley, Nick, 2004. "Validation of stated preferences for public goods: a comparison of contingent valuation survey response and voting behaviour," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 1-16, November.