English language proficiency and the economic progress of immigrants
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ross Finnie, 2002. "Minorities, Cognitive Skills and Incomes of Canadians," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(2), pages 257-273, June.
- A. Gonzalez, 2000. "The acquisition and labor market value of four English skills: new evidence from NALS," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 259-269, July.
- Geoffrey Carliner, 1996. "The Wages and Language Skills of U.S. Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 5763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sílvio Rendon, 2007.
"The Catalan premium: language and employment in Catalonia,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(3), pages 669-686, July.
- Rendón, Silvio, 2003. "The catalan premium: language and employment in Catalonia," UC3M Working papers. Economics we033410, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Silvio Rendon, 2006. "The Catalan Premium: Language and Employment in Catalonia," Working Papers 0604, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Saarela, Jan & Finnas, Fjalar, 2003. "Unemployment and native language: the Finnish case," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-80, March.
- Dustmann, Christian & Glitz, Albrecht, 2011.
"Migration and Education,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz, 2011. "Migration and Education," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2011011, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz, 2011. "Migration and Education," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1105, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Arthur van Soest, 2001.
"Language Fluency And Earnings: Estimation With Misclassified Language Indicators,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 663-674, November.
- Dustmann, C. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1998. "Language Fluency and Earnings : Estimation with Misclassified Language Indicators," Discussion Paper 1998-120, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ross Finnie & Ronald Meng, 2005. "Literacy and labour market outcomes: self-assessment versus test score measures," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1935-1951.
- Dustmann, C. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1999.
"Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation in Models with Misclassified Categorical Dependent Variables,"
1999-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur, 2000. "Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation in Models with Misclassified Categorical Dependent Variables," IZA Discussion Papers 218, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tam, King Wa & Page, Lionel, 2016. "Effects of language proficiency on labour, social and health outcomes of immigrants in Australia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 66-78.
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2003. "Minorites, capacites cognitives et revenus des Canadiens," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2003196f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2003. "Minorities, Cognitive Skills and the Incomes of Canadians," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2003196e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Fischer, Andreas M., 2012.
"Immigrant language barriers and house prices,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 389-395.
- Fischer, Andreas M., 2011. "Immigrant language barriers and house prices," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 97, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Pablo Swedberg, 2010. "The impact of education and host language skills on the labor market outcomes of immigrants in Spain," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 5,in: María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo P. Ximénez-de-Embún & José María Gómez-Sancho & Gregorio Gim (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 5, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 41, pages 798-824 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Hwei-Lin Chuang & Ning Hsieh & EricS. Lin, 2010. "Labour Market Activity Of Foreign Spouses In Taiwan: Employment Status And Choice Of Employment Sector," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 505-531, October.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:202-222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katy Cornwell, 2006. "Language and Labour in South Africa: A new approach for a new South Africa," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- repec:eee:ecoedu:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:142-158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cortes, Kalena E., 2004. "Are Refugees Different from Economic Immigrants? Some Empirical Evidence on the Heterogeneity of Immigrant Groups in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 1063, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carl Lin, 2016.
"How Do Immigrants From Taiwan Fare In The U.S. Labor Market?,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(05), pages 1-38, December.
- Lin, Carl, 2013. "How Do Immigrants from Taiwan Fare in the U.S. Labor Market?," IZA Discussion Papers 7748, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lecker, Tikva, 1997. "Language usage and earnings among minorities: The case of the Arabs in Israel," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 525-532.
- William W. Olney, 2017.
"English Proficiency And Labor Market Performance: Evidence From The Economics Profession,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(1), pages 202-222, January.
- William W. Olney, 2015. "English Proficiency and Labor Market Performance: Evidence from the Economics Profession," Department of Economics Working Papers 2015-05, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Dustmann, Christian, 1997. "The effects of education, parental background and ethnic concentration on language," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 245-262.
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2006. "The Importance of Functional Literacy: Reading and Math Skills and Labour Market Outcomes of High School Drop-outs," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2006275e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Javier Torres, 2013. "Repeat after me, my name is Javier: immigrants english prociency improvement four years after arrival," Working Papers 13-03, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Giuseppe Sorrenti, 2017. "The Spanish or the German Apartment? Study Abroad and the Acquisition of Permanent Skills," CHILD Working Papers Series 46 JEL Classification: I2, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- David E. Bloom & Gilles Grenier, 1993. "Language, Employment and Earnings in the United States: Spanish-English Differentials from 1970 to 1990," NBER Working Papers 4584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo Lavado & Gustavo Yamada & Abel Guillén & Sergio Solís, 2016. "Efectos de costos de despido, impuesto a la renta y productividad sobre la informalidad: un modelo de búsqueda de empleo para el Perú," Working Papers 16-10, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Katy Cornwell, 2004. "Language and Labour in South Africa. A New Approach for a New South Africa," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 254, Econometric Society.
- Aldashev, Alisher & Gernandt, Johannes & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2009.
"Language usage, participation, employment and earnings: Evidence for foreigners in West Germany with multiple sources of selection,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 330-341, June.
- Thomsen, Stephan L. & Gernandt, Johannes & Aldashev, Alisher, 2008. "Language Usage, Participation, Employment and Earnings: Evidence for Foreigners in West Germany with Multiple Sources of Selection," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-090, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jonas Helgertz, 2013. "Pre- to Post-Migration Occupational Mobility of First Generation Immigrants to Sweden from 1970–1990: Examining the Influence of Linguistic Distance," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Nekby, Lena & Vilhelmsson, Roger & Özcan, Gülay, 2007.
"Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden,"
Research Papers in Economics
2007:6, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Nekby, Lena & Özcan, Gülay, 2007. "Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden," SULCIS Working Papers 2007:3, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Karlan, Dean S. & Rabindran, Shanti & Huanca, Tomas, 2005. "Do modern forms of human capital matter in primitive economies? Comparative evidence from Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-53, February.