Citations for "English language proficiency and the economic progress of immigrants"
by Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L.
- Sílvio Rendon, 2003.
"The Catalan Premium: Language And Employment In Catalonia,"
Economics Working Papers
we033410, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Sílvio Rendon, 2007. "The Catalan premium: language and employment in Catalonia," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 669-686, July.
- Silvio Rendon, 2006. "The Catalan Premium: Language and Employment in Catalonia," Working Papers 0604, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Nekby, Lena & Vilhelmsson, Roger & Özcan, Gülay, 2007.
"Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden,"
Research Papers in Economics
2007:6, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Nekby, Lena & Özcan, Gülay, 2007. "Do Domestic Educations Even Out the Playing Field? Ethnic Labor Market Gaps in Sweden," SULCIS Working Papers 2007:3, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Jonas Helgertz, 2013. "Pre- to Post-Migration Occupational Mobility of First Generation Immigrants to Sweden from 1970–1990: Examining the Influence of Linguistic Distance," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Dustmann, C. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1999.
"Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation in Models with Misclassified Categorical Dependent Variables,"
1999-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dustmann, Christian & van Soest, Arthur, 2000. "Parametric and Semiparametric Estimation in Models with Misclassified Categorical Dependent Variables," IZA Discussion Papers 218, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2006. "The Importance of Functional Literacy: Reading and Math Skills and Labour Market Outcomes of High School Drop-outs," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2006275e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Katy Cornwell, 2004. "Language and Labour in South Africa. A New Approach for a New South Africa," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 254, Econometric Society.
- Aldashev, Alisher & Gernandt, Johannes & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2009.
"Language usage, participation, employment and earnings: Evidence for foreigners in West Germany with multiple sources of selection,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 330-341, June.
- Thomsen, Stephan L. & Gernandt, Johannes & Aldashev, Alisher, 2008. "Language Usage, Participation, Employment and Earnings: Evidence for Foreigners in West Germany with Multiple Sources of Selection," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-090, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- David E. Bloom & Gilles Grenier, 1993. "Language, Employment and Earnings in the United States: Spanish-English Differentials from 1970 to 1990," NBER Working Papers 4584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cortes, Kalena E., 2004. "Are Refugees Different from Economic Immigrants? Some Empirical Evidence on the Heterogeneity of Immigrant Groups in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 1063, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ross Finnie, 2002. "Minorities, Cognitive Skills and Incomes of Canadians," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(2), pages 257-273, June.
- Fischer, Andreas M., 2012.
"Immigrant language barriers and house prices,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 389-395.
- Andreas M. Fischer, 2011. "Immigrant language barriers and house prices," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 97, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz, 2011.
"Migration and Education,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1105, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Pablo Swedberg, 2010. "The impact of education and host language skills on the labor market outcomes of immigrants in Spain," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 5, in: María Jesús Mancebón-Torrubia & Domingo P. Ximénez-de-Embún & José María Gómez-Sancho & Gregorio Gim (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 5, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 41, pages 798-824 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Lin, Carl, 2013. "How Do Immigrants from Taiwan Fare in the U.S. Labor Market?," IZA Discussion Papers 7748, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2003. "Minorities, Cognitive Skills and the Incomes of Canadians," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2003196e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Geoffrey Carliner, 1996. "The Wages and Language Skills of U.S. Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 5763, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saarela, Jan & Finnas, Fjalar, 2003. "Unemployment and native language: the Finnish case," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 59-80, March.
- Finnie, Ross & Meng, Ronald, 2003. "Minorites, capacites cognitives et revenus des Canadiens," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2003196f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Katy Cornwell, 2006. "Language and Labour in South Africa: A new approach for a new South Africa," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Lecker, Tikva, 1997. "Language usage and earnings among minorities: The case of the Arabs in Israel," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 525-532.
- Ross Finnie & Ronald Meng, 2005. "Literacy and labour market outcomes: self-assessment versus test score measures," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1935-1951.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Karlan, Dean S. & Rabindran, Shanti & Huanca, Tomas, 2005. "Do modern forms of human capital matter in primitive economies? Comparative evidence from Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-53, February.