The Impact of Credit Constraints on the Performance of Chinese Agricultural Wholesalers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lifang Hu & Rigoberto A. Lopez & Yinchu Zeng, 2019. "The impact of credit constraints on the performance of Chinese agricultural wholesalers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(35), pages 3864-3875, July.
- Hu, Lifang & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Zeng, Yinchu, 2016. "The Impact of Credit Constraints on the Performance of Chinese Agricultural Wholesalers," Working Paper series 290125, University of Connecticut, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arne Bigsten & Paul Collier & Stefan Dercon & Marcel Fafchamps & Bernard Gauthier & Jan Willem Gunning & Abena Oduro & Remco Oostendorp & Cathy Patillo & Måns S–derbom & Francis Teal & Albert Zeufack, 2003.
"Credit Constraints in Manufacturing Enterprises in Africa,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(1), pages 104-125, March.
- Arne Bigsten & Paul Collier & Stefan Dercon & Marcel Fafchamps & Bernard Gauthier & Jan Willem Gunning & Måns Söderbom & Abena Oduro & Remco Oostendorp & Catherine Pattillo & Francis Teal & Albert Zeu, 2000. "Credit constraints in manufacturing enterprises in Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-24, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Martin Petrick, 2004. "A microeconometric analysis of credit rationing in the Polish farm sector," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 77-101, March.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1997.
"Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 661-691.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," CRSP working papers 322, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni & Minten, Bart, 2005.
"Increasing returns and market efficiency in agricultural trade,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 406-442, December.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eleni Gabre-Madhin & Bart Minten, 2002. "Increasing Returns and Market Efficiency in Agricultural Trade," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minten, Bart, 2003. "Increasing returns and market efficiency in agricultural trade," MTID discussion papers 60, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eleni Gabre-Madhin & Bart Minten, 2004. "Increasing Returns and Market Efficiency in Agricultural Trade," Development and Comp Systems 0409020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles A. Towe & Mitchell J. Morehart, 2009. "Credit Constraints: Their Existence, Determinants, and Implications for U.S. Farm and Nonfarm Sole Proprietorships," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 275-289.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528.
- Dongya Li & Yi Lu & Travis Ng & Jun Yang, 2016. "Does Trade Credit Boost Firm Performance?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 573-602.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Kon, Y & Storey, D J, 2003. "A Theory of Discouraged Borrowers," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 37-49, August.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Michelle J. White, 2004. "Bankruptcy and Small Firms' Access to Credit," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(1), pages 69-84, Spring.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Tullio Jappelli, 1990. "Who is Credit Constrained in the U. S. Economy?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 219-234.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z., 2001. "The role of intermediaries in enhancing market efficiency in the Ethiopian grain market," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 311-320, September.
More about this item
Keywordscredit; credit access; agriculture; wholesalers; stochastic frontier; China;
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-11-06 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CNA-2016-11-06 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2016-11-06 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zwi:wpaper:43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.