Market experience is a reference point in judgments of fairness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Fehr & Georg Kirchsteiger & Arno Riedl, 1993.
"Does Fairness Prevent Market Clearing? An Experimental Investigation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(2), pages 437-459.
- Georg Kirchsteiger & Ernst Fehr & Arno Riedl, 1993. "Does Fairness Prevent Market Clearing? An Experimental Investigation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5927, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Savikhin, Anya C. & Sheremeta, Roman M., 2012.
"Behavioral spillovers in coordination games,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 233-245.
- Timothy Cason & Anya Samek & Roman Sheremeta, 2010. "Behavioral Spillovers in Coordination Games," Artefactual Field Experiments 00423, The Field Experiments Website.
- Timothy N. Cason & Anya C. Savikhin & Roman Sheremeta, 2011. "Behavioral Spillovers in Coordination Games," Working Papers 11-20, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Cason, Timothy & Savikhin, Anya & Sheremeta, Roman, 2011. "Behavioral Spillovers in Coordination Games," MPRA Paper 52106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine & Zacharias Maniadis, 2012.
"On the Robustness of Anchoring Effects in WTP and WTA Experiments,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 131-145, May.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K Levine & Zacharias Maniadis, 2010. "On the Robustness of Anchoring Effects in WTP and WTA Experiments," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000312, David K. Levine.
- Maniadis, Zacharias & Levine, David K. & Fudenberg, Drew, 2012. "On the Robustness of Anchoring Effects in WTP and WTA Experiments," Scholarly Articles 11005333, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Fong, Christina M. & Fehr, Ernst, 2009. "Fairness, errors and the power of competition," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 527-545, October.
- Datta, Somnath & Satten, Glen A., 2005. "Rank-Sum Tests for Clustered Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 908-915, September.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Axel Ockenfels & Gary E. Bolton, 2000. "ERC: A Theory of Equity, Reciprocity, and Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 166-193, March.
- Kfir Eliaz & Ran Spiegler, 2014.
"Reference Dependence and Labor Market Fluctuations,"
NBER Macroeconomics Annual,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 159-200.
- Kfir Eliaz & Ran Spiegler, 2013. "Reference Dependence and Labor Market Fluctuations," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2013, Volume 28, pages 159-200 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eliaz, Kfir & Spiegler, Ran, 2012. "Reference Dependence and Labor-Market Fluctuations," CEPR Discussion Papers 8997, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kfir Eliaz & Rani Spiegler, 2013. "Reference-Dependence and Labor-Market Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 19085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grimm, Veronika & Mengel, Friederike, 2012.
"An experiment on learning in a multiple games environment,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(6), pages 2220-2259.
- Grimm, V. & Mengel, F., 2009. "An Experiment on Learning in a Multiple Games Environment," Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Uri Simonsohn & George Loewenstein, 2006. "Mistake #37: The Effect of Previously Encountered Prices on Current Housing Demand," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(508), pages 175-199, January.
- Beaudry, Paul & DiNardo, John, 1991. "The Effect of Implicit Contracts on the Movement of Wages over the Business Cycle: Evidence from Micro Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 665-688, August.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1993.
"Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1281-1302, December.
- Matthew Rabin., 1992. "Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics," Economics Working Papers 92-199, University of California at Berkeley.
- M. Rabin, 2001. "Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics," Levine's Working Paper Archive 511, David K. Levine.
- Zacharias Maniadis & Fabio Tufano & John A. List, 2014.
"One Swallow Doesn't Make a Summer: New Evidence on Anchoring Effects,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(1), pages 277-290, January.
- Zacharias Maniadis & Fabio Tufano & John A List, 2013. "One Swallow Doesn't Make a Summer: New Evidence on Anchoring Effects," Discussion Papers 2013-07, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Zacharias Maniadis & Fabio Tufano & John List, 2013. "One Swallow Does not Make a Summer: New Evidence on Anchoring Effects," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000824, David K. Levine.
- Bartling, Björn & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2012.
"Reference Points in Renegotiations: The Role of Contracts and Competition,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
385, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Björn Bartling & Klaus M. Schmidt, 2012. "Reference points in renegotiations: The role of contracts and competition," ECON - Working Papers 089, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herz, Holger & Taubinsky, Dmitry, 2016.
"What makes a price fair ? An experimental study of transaction experience and endogenous fairness views,"
FSES Working Papers
477, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Holger Herz & Dmitry Taubinsky, 2016. "What Makes a Price Fair? An Experimental Study of Transaction Experience and Endogenous Fairness Views," CESifo Working Paper Series 5936, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jordi Brandts & Arno Riedl, 2015. "Market Interaction and Efficient Cooperation," Working Papers 868, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Thomas Buser & Anna Dreber, 2016. "The Flipside of Comparative Payment Schemes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(9), pages 2626-2638, September.
- Brandts J. & Riedl A.M., 2016. "Market competition and efficient cooperation," Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Holger Herz & Dmitry Taubinsky, 2016. "What Makes a Price Fair? An Experimental Analysis of Transaction Experience and Endogenous Fairness Views," NBER Working Papers 22728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial preferences; reference points; fairness; bargaining;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-07-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2013-07-28 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-07-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2013-07-28 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2013-07-28 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.