Sense and No(n)-Sense of Energy Security Indicators
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Böhringer, Christoph & Bortolamedi, Markus, 2015. "Sense and no(n)-sense of energy security indicators," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 359-371.
- Christoph Böhringer & Markus Bortolamedi, 2015. "Sense and No(n)-Sense of Energy Security Indicators," Working Papers V-381-15, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bohringer, Christoph & Jochem, Patrick E.P., 2007.
"Measuring the immeasurable -- A survey of sustainability indices,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-8, June.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Jochem, Patrick, 2006. "Measuring the immeasurable: a survey of substainability indices," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-073, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Jochem, Patrick, 2007. "Measuring the Immeasurable: A Survey of Sustainability Indices," MPRA Paper 91562, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krichene, Noureddine, 2002. "World crude oil and natural gas: a demand and supply model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 557-576, November.
- Cohen, Gail & Joutz, Frederick & Loungani, Prakash, 2011.
"Measuring energy security: Trends in the diversification of oil and natural gas supplies,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4860-4869, September.
- Prakash Loungani & Frederick L Joutz & Gail Cohen, 2011. "Measuring Energy Security; Trends in the Diversification of Oil and Natural Gas Supplies," IMF Working Papers 11/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Mukherjee, Ishani, 2011. "Conceptualizing and measuring energy security: A synthesized approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5343-5355.
- Yao, Lixia & Chang, Youngho, 2014. "Energy security in China: A quantitative analysis and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 595-604.
- Ringlund, Guro Bornes & Rosendahl, Knut Einar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2008.
"Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes An empirical investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 371-396, March.
- Guro Børnes Ringlund & Knut Einar Rosendahl & Terje Skjerpen, 2004. "Does oilrig activity react to oil price changes? An empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 372, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Abada, Ibrahim & Massol, Olivier, 2011.
"Security of supply and retail competition in the European gas market.: Some model-based insights,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4077-4088, July.
- Abada, I. & Massol, O., 2011. "Security of supply and retail competition in the European gas market: Some model-based insights," Working Papers 11/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Bohi, Douglas R. & Toman, Michael A., 1993. "Energy security: externalities and policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1093-1109, November.
- Löschel, Andreas & Moslener, Ulf & Rübbelke, Dirk T.G., 2010. "Indicators of energy security in industrialised countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1665-1671, April.
- Azusa OKAGAWA & Kanemi BAN, 2008. "Estimation of substitution elasticities for CGE models," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-16, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Kruyt, Bert & van Vuuren, D.P. & de Vries, H.J.M. & Groenenberg, H., 2009. "Indicators for energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2166-2181, June.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2014. "A measure of a nation's physical energy supply risk," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 208-215.
- Gnansounou, Edgard, 2008. "Assessing the energy vulnerability: Case of industrialised countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3734-3744, October.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Mukherjee, Ishani & Drupady, Ira Martina & D’Agostino, Anthony L., 2011. "Evaluating energy security performance from 1990 to 2010 for eighteen countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5846-5853.
- Le Coq, Chloé & Paltseva, Elena, 2009.
"Measuring the security of external energy supply in the European Union,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4474-4481, November.
- Le Coq, Chloe & Paltseva, Elena, 2009. "Measuring the Security of External Energy Supply in the European Union," SITE Working Paper Series 2, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Costantini, Valeria & Gracceva, Francesco & Markandya, Anil & Vicini, Giorgio, 2007.
"Security of energy supply: Comparing scenarios from a European perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 210-226, January.
- Giorgio Vicini & Francesco Gracceva & Anil Markandya & Valeria Costantini, 2005. "Security of Energy Supply: Comparing Scenarios From a European Perspective," Working Papers 2005.89, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Christoph Böhringer & Thomas F. Rutherford, 2010. "The Costs of Compliance: A CGE Assessment of Canada’s Policy Options under the Kyoto Protocol," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 177-211, February.
- Jansen, Jaap C. & Seebregts, Ad J., 2010. "Long-term energy services security: What is it and how can it be measured and valued?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1654-1664, April.
- Stirling, Andy, 2010. "Multicriteria diversity analysis: A novel heuristic framework for appraising energy portfolios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1622-1634, April.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Saunders, Harry, 2014. "Competing policy packages and the complexity of energy security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 641-651.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2013. "An international assessment of energy security performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 148-158.
- Michael Freudenberg, 2003. "Composite Indicators of Country Performance: A Critical Assessment," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/16, OECD Publishing.
- Markandya, Anil & Pemberton, Malcolm, 2010. "Energy security, energy modelling and uncertainty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1609-1613, April.
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2014. "A systemic approach to assessing energy security in a low-carbon EU energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 335-348.
- Samuelson, Ralph D., 2014. "The unexpected challenges of using energy intensity as a policy objective: Examining the debate over the APEC energy intensity goal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 373-381.
- Graham, Paul & Thorpe, Sally & Hogan, Lindsay, 1999. "Non-competitive market behaviour in the international coking coal market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-212, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cox, Emily, 2018. "Assessing long-term energy security: The case of electricity in the United Kingdom," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 2287-2299.
- Paulino Martinez-Fernandez & Fernando deLlano-Paz & Anxo Calvo-Silvosa & Isabel Soares, 2019. "Assessing Renewable Energy Sources for Electricity (RES-E) Potential Using a CAPM-Analogous Multi-Stage Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-20, September.
- Augutis, Juozas & Krikštolaitis, Ričardas & Martišauskas, Linas & Pečiulytė, Sigita & Žutautaitė, Inga, 2017. "Integrated energy security assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 890-901.
- Zerrahn, Alexander, 2017. "Wind Power and Externalities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 245-260.
- Valdés Lucas, Javier Noel & Escribano Francés, Gonzalo & San Martín González, Enrique, 2016. "Energy security and renewable energy deployment in the EU: Liaisons Dangereuses or Virtuous Circle?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1032-1046.
- Alipour, Mohammad & Hafezi, Reza & Ervural, Bilal & Kaviani, Mohamad Amin & Kabak, Özgür, 2018. "Long-term policy evaluation: Application of a new robust decision framework for Iran's energy exports security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 914-931.
- García-Gusano, Diego & Iribarren, Diego & Garraín, Daniel, 2017. "Prospective analysis of energy security: A practical life-cycle approach focused on renewable power generation and oriented towards policy-makers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 891-901.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy security; energy security indicators; computable general equilibrium analysis;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2015-09-18 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2015-09-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2015-09-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zen:wpaper:55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Finn Marten Koerner) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Finn Marten Koerner to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zentrde.html .