Die Entwicklung der Lohnstruktur im ostdeutschen Transformationsprozeß
The development and the structure of the distribution of hourly wages in Eastem Germany between 1990 and 1994 are analysed on the basis of the German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP). To this end, we first calculate standard measures of inequality and decompose the changes in the inequality of hourly wages into the changes between and within socio-economic groups. The economic factors discussed in the literature as infIuencing the distribution of hourly wages are summarized and analysed by way of empirical wage equations. In the discussion of our results, we focus on the human capital effects of the transition process and the impacts of the industrial structure on wages.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: L 7,1; D - 68161 Mannheim|
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986.
"Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation,"
NBER Working Papers
1906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfgang HAERDLE & Marlene MUELLER, . "Nichtparametrische Glaettungsmethoden in der alltaeglichen statistischen Praxis," Statistic und Oekonometrie 9208, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Burda, Michael C & Funke, Michael, 1991.
"German Trade Unions After Unification: Third Degree Wage Discriminating Monopolists?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Burda & Michael Funke, 1993. "German trade unions after unification — Third degree wage discriminating monopolists?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 537-560, September.
- Sinn, Gerlinde & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1992. "Kaltstart. Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Deutschen Vereinigung," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 2, number urn:isbn:9783161459429, May.
- Edward J. Bird & Johannes Schwarze & Gert G. Wagner, 1994. "Wage Effects of the Move toward Free Markets in East Germany," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 390-400, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:9603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.