Die Entwicklung der Lohnstruktur im ostdeutschen Transformationsprozeß
The development and the structure of the distribution of hourly wages in Eastem Germany between 1990 and 1994 are analysed on the basis of the German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP). To this end, we first calculate standard measures of inequality and decompose the changes in the inequality of hourly wages into the changes between and within socio-economic groups. The economic factors discussed in the literature as infIuencing the distribution of hourly wages are summarized and analysed by way of empirical wage equations. In the discussion of our results, we focus on the human capital effects of the transition process and the impacts of the industrial structure on wages.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.zew.de/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward J. Bird & Johannes Schwarze & Gert Wagner, 1994.
"Wage effects of the move toward free markets in East Germany,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 390-400, April.
- Edward J. Bird & Johannes Schwarze & Gert G. Wagner, 1994. "Wage Effects of the Move toward Free Markets in East Germany," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 390-400, April.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986.
"Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 235-290
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Burda & Michael Funke, 1993.
"German trade unions after unification — Third degree wage discriminating monopolists?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 537-560, September.
- Burda, Michael C & Funke, Michael, 1991. "German Trade Unions After Unification: Third Degree Wage Discriminating Monopolists?," CEPR Discussion Papers 573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wolfgang HAERDLE & Marlene MUELLER, . "Nichtparametrische Glaettungsmethoden in der alltaeglichen statistischen Praxis," Statistic und Oekonometrie 9208, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Sinn, Gerlinde & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1992. "Kaltstart. Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Deutschen Vereinigung," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 2, number urn:isbn:9783161459429.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:9603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.