Transnationale Familienverhältnisse, Verlusterfahrung und Bindungsverhalten
The relationship between separation of children from their parents and later attachment behaviour of adults is the key topic of attachment research (Bowlby 1969, Ainsworth 1985a). The idea that a separation from parents experienced during childhood will influence the general attachment behaviour forms the core thesis of attachment theory. Taking into consideration the special conditions of family migration, the present paper analyses the attachment behaviour of migrants who, in the context of immigration to Germany, temporarily lived in transnational families during their childhood. The paper adds new insights to previous research by focusing on a new aspect: Instead of concentrating on immediate social consequences of migrationrelated parental loss on the child-parent-relationship, the study analyses the marital status of adults part of whom had experienced separation from their parent(s) due to migration during their childhood. Controlling for relevant further variables, the paper investigates the influence of child-parent-separation on attachment behaviour in adulthood.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 0
Fax: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 684
Web page: http://www.wzb.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2003.
"Educational Attainment: Analysis by Immigrant Generation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2004. "Educational attainment: analysis by immigrant generation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 361-379, August.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, August.
- Joseph Schaafsma & Arthur Sweetman, 2001. "Immigrant earnings: age at immigration matters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1066-1099, November.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1977. "The Economics of Family Formation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(2), pages 238-50, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wzbmit:spiv2008705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.