Signing a Bilateral Investment Treaty - A tradeoff between investment protection and regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Neumayer, Eric & Spess, Laura, 2005.
"Do bilateral investment treaties increase foreign direct investment to developing countries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1567-1585, October.
- Eric Neumayer & Laura Spess, 2004. "Do bilateral investment treaties increase foreign direct investment to developing countries?," International Finance 0411004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 May 2005.
- Peter Neary & Monika Mrazova, 2011.
"Selection Effects with Heterogeneous Firms,"
Economics Series Working Papers
588, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mrázová, Monika & Neary, J Peter, 2013. "Selection Effects With Heterogeneous Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 9288, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Monika Mrázová & J. Peter Neary, 2012. "Selection Effects with Heterogeneous Firms," CEP Discussion Papers dp1174, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mrázová, Monika & Neary, J. Peter, 2012. "Selection effects with heterogeneous firms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51521, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nikos Lavranos, 2015. "Challenges for Foreign Direct Investment in the Solar Energy Sector," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 16(2), pages 23-27, August.
- Aisbett, Emma, 2007.
"Bilateral Investment Treaties and Foreign Direct Investment: Correlation versus Causation,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt72m4m1r0, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Aisbett, Emma, 2007. "Bilateral Investment Treaties and Foreign Direct Investment: Correlation versus Causation," MPRA Paper 2255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aisbett Emma & Karp Larry & McAusland Carol, 2010.
"Compensation for Indirect Expropriation in International Investment Agreements: Implications of National Treatment and Rights to Invest,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-35, December.
- Emma Aisbett & Larry Karp & Carol McAusland, 2010. "Compensation for Indirect Expropriation in International Investment Agreements: Implications of National Treatment and Rights to Invest," CEPR Discussion Papers 648, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Miceli, Thomas J & Segerson, Kathleen, 1994. "Regulatory Takings: When Should Compensation Be Paid?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 749-776, June.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Neal Galpin & Bruce Haslem, 2007. "The Home Court Advantage in International Corporate Litigation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50, pages 625-660.
- Peter Egger & Valeria Merlo, 2012. "BITs Bite: An Anatomy of the Impact of Bilateral Investment Treaties on Multinational Firms," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(4), pages 1240-1266, December.
- Christian Arndt & Julia Spies, 2012. "Nationality Matters: The Geographic Origin of Multinationals and the Productivity of their Foreign Affiliates," IAW Discussion Papers 79, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Colen, Liesbeth & Persyn, Damiaan & Guariso, Andrea, 2016. "Bilateral Investment Treaties and FDI: Does the Sector Matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 193-206.
- Mathias Wolkewitz, 2015. "The Natural Resources Industry Depends on Foreign Direct Investment: A Plea for Robust Investment Protection," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 16(2), pages 14-19, August.
- Christopher Hajzler, 2012.
"Expropriation of foreign direct investments: sectoral patterns from 1993 to 2006,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(1), pages 119-149, April.
- Chris Hajzler, 2010. "Expropriation of Foreign Direct Investments: Sectoral Patterns from 1993 to 2006," Working Papers 1011, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2010.
- Michael S Minor, 1994. "The Demise of Expropriation as an Instrument of LDC Policy 1980-1992," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 177-188, March.
- Lawrence Blume & Daniel L. Rubinfeld & Perry Shapiro, 1984. "The Taking of Land: When Should Compensation Be Paid?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(1), pages 71-92.
- Michael Tomz & Mark L. J. Wright, 2008. "Sovereign Theft: Theory And Evidence About Sovereign Default And Expropriation," CAMA Working Papers 2008-07, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc16:145505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .