Piracy and Movie Revenues: Evidence from Megaupload. A Tale of the Long Tail?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takeyama, Lisa N, 1994. "The Welfare Implications of Unauthorized Reproduction of Intellectual Property in the Presence of Demand Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 155-166, June.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2006. "Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 907-913, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joost Poort & Jarst Weda, 2015. "Elvis Is Returning to the Building: Understanding a Decline in Unauthorized File Sharing," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 63-83, June.
- Markus Pasche, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Endogenous Copyright Enforcement - the Case of Digital Goods," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Danaher, Brett & Smith, Michael D., 2014. "Gone in 60 Seconds: The Impact of the Megaupload Shutdown on Movie Sales," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-8.
- Buehler, Stefan & Halbheer, Daniel & Lechner, Michael, 2014.
Economics Working Paper Series
1435, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Stefan Buehler & Daniel Halbheer & Michael Lechner, 2015. "Payment Evasion," CESifo Working Paper Series 5342, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buehler, Stefan & Halbheer, Daniel & Lechner, Michael, 2015. "Payment Evasion," CEPR Discussion Papers 10581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Halbheer , Daniel & Buehler , Stefan, 2014. "Payment Evasion," Les Cahiers de Recherche 1065, HEC Paris.
- Peukert, Christian & Aguiar, Luis & Claussen, Jörg, 2016. "Catch Me if You Can: Effectiveness and Consequences of Online Copyright Enforcement," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145490, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Wojciech Hardy & Michał Krawczyk & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2014. "Internet piracy and book sales: a field experiment," Working Papers 2014-23, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Imke Reimers, 2016. "Can Private Copyright Protection Be Effective? Evidence from Book Publishing," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 411-440.
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & PEITZ, Martin, 2014. "Digital piracy: an update," CORE Discussion Papers 2014019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wojciech Hardy & Michal Krawczyk & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2015. "Friends or foes? A meta-analysis of the link between "online piracy" and sales of cultural goods," Working Papers 2015-23, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2014-02-02 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2014-02-02 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-IUE-2014-02-02 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2014-02-02 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc13:79697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .