Animal spirits and credit spreads in a model with a cost channel
Shocks in the financial sector caused the great recession of 2008 and pulled down the real economy. To implement financial dynamics in a stylized DSGE-framework we use behavioral elements in expectations to produce waves of bull and bear cycles in the financial intermediation process, that have repercussions on the business cycle dynamics. Our main findings suggest that rapid interest rate reduction and a countercyclical equity regulation in the finance sector can well prevent severe recessions.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.socialpolitik.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasco Cúrdia & Michael Woodford, 2009.
"Credit spreads and monetary policy,"
385, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ravenna, Federico & Walsh, Carl E., 2006. "Optimal monetary policy with the cost channel," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 199-216, March.
- Mayer, Eric & Scharler, Johann, 2011.
"Noisy information, interest rate shocks and the Great Moderation,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 568-581.
- Eric Mayer & Johann Scharler, 2010. "Noisy Information, Interest Rate Shocks and the Great Moderation," Economics working papers 2010-07, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Bofinger, Peter & Debes, Sebastian, 2010. "A primer on unconventional monetary policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7755, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010.
"Credit and Banking in a DSGE Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 107-141, 09.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010. "Credit and banking in a DSGE model of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 740, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Christiano, Lawrence & Ilut, Cosmin & Motto, Roberto & Rostagno, Massimo, 2008. "Monetary policy and stock market boom-bust cycles," Working Paper Series 0955, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc11:48688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.